- Jessica Simpson Womens Tustiny Brown Leather Heel Boots 5.5 M Shoes Distressed
- Laredo Men's Trucker Pigskin 12
- HOGAN MEN'S SHOES LEATHER TRAINERS SNEAKERS NEW H340 BLUE A79
- The Punisher Skull Cool Flip Flops Sandals
- Men's Teva Hurricane Inversion Blue Gray Sandals Size 8 EUC Outdoors
- ZARA Bronze Shiny Leather Flats Size /US 7.5/
- Men's Casual Shoe Basketball Shoes Sneakers Sport Outdoor Running Sports Shoes
- Nike Air Max Shoes Sz U.S -9.5 , (91/2)
- Teva 1003524 Mens US 8 Brown Leather Casual Oxford Shoes Boots 178-11
- Men's Shoes Dr. Martens Combs 8 Eye Nylon Boots 16607001 Black *New*
- Durango Black Leather Cowboy Western Boots Mens Size 7.5 D Style SW5400
- Mens Punk Mid Calf Boot Leather Pointy Spike Rivet Fashion Chain Zip Riding Shoe
- Wellco Men's Size 13R Hot Weather Black Jungle Military Combat Boots NWOB
- Men's/Women's Oakley Snow Boots Ortholite 12.0 Guarantee quality and quantity online shop Vintage tide shoes
- Man/Woman Aldo Men's Caellan Fashion Sneaker service high quality Suitable for color
- Cole Haan Men's Coburn Penny Driver Ii Loafer - Choose SZ/Color
- adidas B42214 Womens Adissage Slide Sandal- Choose SZ/Color.
- Christian Louboutin Multicolor- Burgundy Black and Rose Divinoche Sandals Size EU 39.5 (Approx. US 9.5) Regular (M, B)
- Valentino Blue New Blush Leather Rockstud T-strap Slingback Pyramid Studs Pumps Size US 11 Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Nude Pigalle Follies' Pointy Toe Pumps Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Lunarcharge Premium LE QS Black White OG All size Men's US 10 923284-999
- Nike Lebron XIII13 Elite Limited Squadron Blue Metallic Silver 864942-440 Sz 10
- adidas Originals Falcon W White Grey Women Daddy Shoes Chuky Sneakers B28128
- Nike LunarGlide 8 Size 7
- PUMA 36372901 Womens Vikky Mid Corduroy Sneaker- Choose SZ/Color.
- Motorcycle womens Mesh PVC synthetic Sandal with platform Heel stylish sexy blk
- Nike Men's Presto Fly Ultra SE Casual Shoe Light Bone/black Size 12
- NIKE AIR PRESTO ESSENTIAL SHOE WOLF GREY/WOLF GREY 848187-010 Size 13
- Naot Womens Boots Green/Brown Leather Side Zip Boots Size
- Blondo Womens Venise Leather Almond Toe Knee High, Black Boston, Size 9.0
- Womens Faux Fur Ankle Strap Fashion Oxford Loafer New Casual Flat heel Shoes
- 2018 New Korean Girls Student Flat-heel Shallow Mouth Stripe Single Shoes
- Womens The North Face Nst Tent Mule 2 Winter Faux Fur Warm Mule Slipper
- Gentlemen/Ladies Lucky Brand Women's Emmie Ballet Flat Various goods Quality First comfortable
- CARMEN SALAS Spain -Genuine Leather Platformed Flats-Size 39/9M-Brown-Very Nice
- Alexander McQueen Black Leather Flat Ankle Strap Sandals Size 37 Womens New $895
- sz 7 37 Marc By Marc Jacobs Bull Boston Terrier Frenchie Dog Face Shoes Sneakers
- Naturalizer Women's Marianne Slip-on Sneaker Black Brocade Fabric
- Nike W AF1 Jester XX [AO1220-101] Women Casual Shoes Air Force 1 White
- Dr. Scholl's Womens Black Size 7.5 W Leather Comfort Double Air Pillow Flats
- Gentleman/Lady New Balance Women's St4040w1 Packaging diversity Let our products go to the world Excellent function
- Born Bayne Grey Petra Distressed Suede Oxford Men Shoe Size 12 () H38660
- Mens Casual Slip On Loafers Beijing Style Breathable Canvas Flats Sport Shoes
- Merrell World Passport Brown Leather Slip On Shoes Size 11
- Converse Andy Warhol Marilyn Monroe Hi Chuck Taylor All Star Sneakers 153839C
- SAS Womens Tripad Open Toe Gold Cushion Sandals 1 1/2" Heeled Sz 7 W New
- Jessica Simpson Womens Dacine Ankle Round Toe Casual Booties Heels BHFO 8890
- Denver Montana Boots Brown Leather Great Design Womens Size 7.5 Clogs Square Toe
- ARIAT FATBABY WOMENS BOOTS SIZE 7 1/2B
- GEORGINA GOODMAN Black Sheepskin Leather Patent Scrunchy 38.5 Low Ankle Booties
- Khombu Women's Skiteam K Cold Weather Boot Black 7 M US
- Armitron Men's 20/5221NVSV Date Calendar Dial Silver-Tone Expansion Band Watch
- Men/Women Andrew Charles Mens Slip On Sneaker Big clearance sale Price reduction Seasonal promotion
- $995 NIB BALMAIN Atlas Black Hi-Top Sneakers Basketball Shoes 41 fits 7 1/2
- BRAND NEW Jordan Hydro 6 Men's Slides Sandals White Platinum 881473 120 SIZE 11
- Anyi Lu Womens Black/White Polka Dot Leather Flats 36
- Mens Athletic Shoes Outdoor Running Sport Flats Sneakers Training Breathable hot
- New Brandblack DJX training running NFL pro mens sz 10 jackson jetlon blue/white
- COLUMBIA Suede Tan “Black Rock” Low Hiking Boots men's 7
- NEW FILA BOOTS WEATHERTEC ANKLE 1SH40122 - 001/201/002
- L@@K~BOGS BOOTS SIZE 12 D FISHING HUNTING CAMPING DUCK FLY
- Giuseppe Zanotti Red Kid Cudi Limited Edition Sneakers Size US 8 Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Black New Blakissima 100mm Patent Leather Sandals Size US 5 Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Blue Yellow Mayerling Sandals Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B)
- Lebron 9 Low Liverpool Size 13
- Mens Low Heels Front Zipper Round Toe Retro British Chic Casual Ankle Boots Size
- Brand New! Men’s Apex Black Leather Comfort Boot Size 10 Medium Bv4500
- Realtree Camo Size 10.5 Leather Boat Shoes New Mens Shoe
- Stacy Adams Men's Garibaldi Cap Toe Oxford 24985
- Man's/Woman's Neil M Men's Rome feature Order welcome Complete specifications
- Adidas Galaxy Trail Running Mens Brand New Black LKJ Trainers-Size 11
- nike vapormax 97 gold size 6
- Women Adidas BZ0394 Stan smith Running shoes black white Sneakers
- Nike Women's Air Zoom Vomero 11 Running Shoes
- Wmns Nike Internationalist PRM / SE / JCRD / EM / Womens Running Shoes Pick 1
- Alfani Womens Vennuss Mixed Media Over-The-Knee Dress Boots Shoes BHFO 3256
- NIKE Jordan Rising High 768931-007 Grey Blue White Men's Sneakers Shoes Size 12
- NIKE AIR ZOOM SPIRIDON '16 926955-002 dark grey/pure platinum Size 8
- Vintage Imperial Leather Ostrich Cowboy Western Boots Made In USA Size 8.5
- Irregular Choice Black Leather Fringe Knee High Boots, Size US 8.5
- Frye Womens Melissa Button Riding Leather Boots size 7.5 B Brown
- Skechers goga mat suede walking Lightweight shoes faux fur lined blue Size 7
- Soft Spots Bonnie Lite White Loafer Shoe
- Paul Green Women's Prentiss Mule, Ocean Soft Nappa, 6.5 Medium US
- Women Shoes Leather Flat Marsel Glove Slipper Ballerinas Almond Toe Classic
- New See By Chloe Black Leather Studded Ballet Flats Women’s Size 37.5 M*
- MERRELL Women's AZURA Castle Rock/Mineral Blue Hiking/Trail Shoe US 9 M J21286
- WOMENS NIKE LUNAREPIC LOW FLYKNIT in colors BLACK / WHITE / PURPLE DUST SIZE 7.5
- Summit White Mountain Women's Braxton Slip-On Sneaker Pewter/Metallic Leather
- Hush Puppies Womens Gray Slip on Loafers 8.5 W
- western cowboy boots kids size 11 1/2 horse pony
- P492266 New Salvatore Ferragamo Destin Black Calf US 8.5 Marked 41.5
- Ocean Pacific Mens Black Slip-On Loafers Size 6
- New Mens Skechers Relaxed Fit Segment Melego Oxford Style 64522 Brown 178H dr
- VTG AVANG SINCE 1860 98146 BROWN SUEDE RAISED STITCHING CASUAL OXFORD SHOES SZ 9
- Fila Disruptor 2 FW01655-111 White/Red Classic Casual Shoes Men
- Man's/Woman's Zodiac Boots Childs Size 7 Black Economical and practical Let our goods go to the world Strong heat and heat resistance
- Bito! Women's Strappy Hidden Platform Heel Ankle Booties in Hazel Faux Suede
- Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Cowboy Cowgirl Riding Boots Black Size 6M
- Nocona LDASU22 Womens Arizona State Tan Vintage/Maroon Branded College Boots
- Men/Women Naturalizer Women's Dev Wc Riding Boot for you to choose Fine art As of the latest model
- Man's/Woman's Lacoste Men's Misano 33 Fashion Sneaker online sale cheapest Easy life
- GOLDEN GOOSE MEN'S SHOES HIGH TOP SUEDE TRAINERS SNEAKERS NEW SLIDE BLACK 541
- Mephisto Brown Leather & Suede Sneakers / Casual Shoes Size US 11.5
- Men Soft Leather Beach Sandals Fashion Slipper Rubber Sole Round Toe Flats
- PAUL GREEN 5 BLACK PATENT LEATHER MARY JANES WOMEN USA SZ. 7.5 M MADE IN AUSTRIA
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Hi Sz 11 Men USA American Flag Red White 155382C
- Christian Louboutin Beige Lady Daf Leather Platform 37 Pumps Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Sold Out In Stores Platforms Size US 6.5 Regular (M, B)
- Kathy Van Zeeland Tan Women's 10/Eu41 Bronze Rhinestone St Sneakers Size US 10 Regular (M, B)
- Nike 654473-001 Mens Kaishi Run Shoes Black Grey DRS Dual Ride System
- Fashion Men Basketball Shoes Fashion Running Sports Sneakers Big Size 10 11
- Kenneth Cole Unlisted Cop-per Coin Boot - Men's Size 10.5 M, Black
- The North Face Mens Heat Seeker Waterproof Winter Boots /Black Size 8.5
- Panhandle Slim Black Lizard / Leather Cowboy Boots 8.5 D Womens 10 M New In Box
- Mens Wolverine Black 6” Leather Upper Work Boots Size 10M W08790
- Calvin Klein Men's Ibrahim Box Leather Fashion Sne - Choose SZ/color
- VTG MENS RED WING WORK STEEL TOE LEATHER DARK BROWN BOOTS SIZE 14 D
- Kenneth Cole New York Mens C Side SU Loafer Sneaker Shoes
- S-1612975 New Bally Dramer 252 Laguna Blue Suede Driver Shoe Sz US 8.5D E
- Puma WMNS Basket Platform Metallic women lifestyle sneakers NEW gold 362339-04
- NIKE AIR METAL FORCE HIGH TOP MENS SNEAKERS
- Adidas Nmd_r2 W Sneaker Donna CQ2007 ASHPNK
- Womens NIKE LD RUNNER Black Pink Running Trainers 882267 004
- Man/Woman ASICS GEL-Kenun - Black - Womens Promotion Stylish and fun Quality and consumer first
- Women Wedge Heel Printed Multi-colored Pull On Knitting Casual Ankle Boots Shoes
- MENS NIKE AIR MAX ZOOM MARIAH FLYKNIT RACER TRAINERS UK Size 7 RRP .95
- Men's Nike Zoom Streak 6 Gyakusou Size 7.5 (875850 600) No Box
- Ladies Womens Platform Wedge Heels Round Toe Back Zip Ankle Boots OL Suede Shoe
- Vintage 90s England Getta Grip Combat Boots Funky Colors Punk Rave US 7
- Gentlemen/Ladies Crocodile Leater Boots Good design discount Excellent workmanship
- Munro Sport Brown Suede Strap Walking Casual Shoe Made in USA Women's 8.5 N
- Teva Women's Hydro-Life Ballet Flat
- Man/Woman Easy Spirit Women's Traveltim270 Mule Economical and practical Used in durability Various
- Women's Cole Haan Gramercy Cap Toe Oxfords Shoes Size 10.5 FERN-IVORY NIB $198
- ALAIA Black Suede Ballet Flats With Silver Metal Studs - SZ 36, 37 - NIB
[Editor’s Note: In Part I of this series, Dr. Nick Marsella addressed the duty we have to examine our assumptions about emergent warfighting technologies / capabilities and their associated implications to identify potential second / third order and “evil” effects. Jean-Michel Cazabat White - Wooster - 39.5 Wedges Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B)Betsey Johnson Leopard Print Black D'orsay Suede Flats Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B) In today’s post, he prescribes five actions we can embrace both individually and as organizations to avoid confirmation bias and falling into cognitive thinking traps when confronting the ramifications of emergent technologies — Enjoy!]
In part I of my blog post, I advised those advocating for the development and/or fielding of technology to be mindful of the second/third order and possible “evil” effects. I defined “evil” as an unexpected and profound negative implication(s) of the adoption/adaption of a technology and related policy. I also recommended heeding the admonition of Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, to take responsibility for our technological creations and have the courage to think things through their potential implications – both for the good and the bad.
But even if we as individuals are willing to challenge our assumptions and think broadly and imaginatively, we can still come up short. Why? The answer is due in part to the challenges of prediction and the fact we are human with both great cognitive abilities, but also weaknesses.
First, common sense and many theorists remind us that the future is unknowable.Irregular Choice Sandals Size US 9 (M, B)Rachel Roy Beige Camie Pumps Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)The futurist Arthur C. Clark noted in 1962, “It is impossible to predict the future, and all attempts to do in any detail appear ludicrous within a very few years.” Within this fixed condition of unknowing, the U.S. Departments of Defense and the Army must make choices to determine:
– what capabilities we desire and its related technology;
– where to invest in research and development; and
– what to purchase and field.Sam Edelman Grey Felicia Ballerina Flats Size US 7 Regular (M, B)Nike Black Sneakers Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B)
As Michael E. Raynor pointed out in his book, Narciso Rodriguez Yellow Grey Pumps Size US 6 Regular (M, B), making choices and developing strategies, which include adopting new technology, where the future is unknowable and “deeply unpredictable” either produces monumental successes or monumental failures.Guess Platforms Size US 8 Regular (M, B)Converse Black / Mint Julep Missoni Chuck Taylor All Star Flats Size US 9 Regular (M, B) For a company this can spell financial ruin, while for the Army, it can spell disaster and the loss of Soldiers’ lives and national treasure. Yet, we must also choose a “way ahead” – often by considering “boundaries” – in a sense the left and right limits – of potential implications.
Second, our ability to predict when technology will become available is often in error nor can we accurately determine its implications. For example, in a New York Times editorial on December 8, 1903, it noted: “A man carrying airplane will eventually be built, Ivanka Trump Gold Keydena Pump Formal Shoes Size US 8 Regular (M, B)Gerry Weber Royal Blue Boots/Booties Size US 11.5but only if mathematicians and engineers work steadily for the next ten million years.”5 The Wright Brothers first flight took place the following week, but it took decades for commercial and military aviation to evolve.
Each of the services has faced force modernization challenges due to the adoption of technologies that weren’t mature enough; whose capabilities were over-promised; or did not support operations in the envisioned Operational Environment. For the U.S. Army, Future Combat Systems (FCS) was the most obvious and recent example of this challenge – costing billions of dollars and, just as importantly, lost time and confidence.Steve Madden Grey Varcityy Pumps Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)Paul Green Brown Pumps Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
Third, in terms of future technology, predictions vary widely. For example, predictions by MIT’s Rodney Brooks and futurist/inventor Ray Kurzweil vary widely to the question – “What year do you think human-level Artificial Intelligence [AI, i.e., a true thinking machine] might be achieved with a 50% probability?” Kurzweil predicts AI (as defined) will be available in 2029, while Brooks is a bit more conservative – the year 2200 – a difference of over 170 years.Via Spiga Wedges Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)Juicy Couture Brown Black Rose Leopard Flats Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
While one can understand the difficulty of predicting when “general AI” will be available, other technologies offer similar difficulties. The vision of the “self-driving” autonomous vehicle was first written about and experimented with in the 1920s, yet technological limitations, legal concerns, customer fears, and other barriers make implementing this capability challenging.
Lastly, as Rodney Brooks has highlighted, Burberry Boots/Booties Size US 7 Regular (M, B) maintains:
“we tend to overestimate the effect of a technology in the short run and underestimate the effect in the long run.”Tory Burch Silver Metallic Snake Print Sandals Size US 10 Regular (M, B)
SECOND, THIRD ORDER AND EVIL EFFECTS
– intentionally focus on the positive effects of adopting a technology;
– ignore the experts and those who identify the potential downside of technology; and
– fail to think thorough the short, long, and potentially dangerous effects or dependencies – imaginatively.
We do this because we are human, and more often because we fall into the confirmation bias or other cognitive thinking traps that might affect our program or pet technology. As noted by RAND in Truth Decay:Jeffrey Campbell Black Shadow Spike Wedges Size US 5.5 Regular (M, B)Rebecca Minkoff Burgundy Isabella Mules/Slides Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)
“Cognitive biases and the ways in which human beings process information and make decisions cause people to look for information, opinion, and analyses that confirm preexisting beliefs, to weigh experience more heavily than data and facts, and then to rely on mental shortcuts and the beliefs of those in the same social networks when forming opinions and making decisions.”9
Yet, the warning signs or signals for many unanticipated effects can be found simply by conducting a literature review of government, think tank, academic, and popular reports (to perhaps include science fiction). This may deter some, given the sheer volume of literature is often overwhelming, but contained within these reports are many of the challenges associated with future technology, such as: the potential for deep fakes, loss of privacy, hacking,Valentino Multicolor Rainbow Leather 1973 Rockstud Sandals Size EU 38 (Approx. US 8) Regular (M, B)Tory Burch Black Fleming 9.5m Flat Thong - Nappa Leather Sandals Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B) accidents, deception, and loss of industries/jobs.
At the national level, both the current and previous administrations published reports on AI, as has the Department of Defense – some more balanced in addressing of issues of fairness, safety, governance, and ethics.10
For example, using photo recognition to help law enforcement and others seems like a great idea, yet its use is increasingly being questioned. This past May, San Francisco became the first city to ban its use, and others may follow suit.11 While some question this decision to ban vice impose a moratorium until the technology produces less errors, the question remains – did the developers and policy makers consider if there would be push back to its introduction given its current performance?RED Valentino Black With Buckle Patent Leather Boots/Booties Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B)Frye Brown Knee High Distressed Leather Wedge Boots/Booties Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B) What sources did they consult?
Another challenge is language. You’ve seen the commercials – “there is much we can do with AI” – in farming, business, and even beer making. While “AI” is a clever tag line, it may invoke unnecessary fear and misunderstanding. For example, I believe for most people equate “robotics” and “AI” with the “Terminator” franchise, raising the fear of uncontrolled autonomous military force overwhelming humanity. Even worse – under the moniker of “AI,” we will buy into “snake-oil” propositions.
We are at least decades away from “general AI” where a “system exhibits apparently intelligence behavior at least as advanced as a person” across the “full range of cognitive tasks,” but we continue to flaunt the use of “AI” without elaboration.Jimmy Choo Metallic Grey Mesh and Leather Miami Sneakers Sneakers Size EU 40 (Approx. US 10) Regular (M, B)Rochas Silver Slingback Formal Shoes Size EU 40 (Approx. US 10) Regular (M, B)
SOME ACTIONS TO TAKE
Embrace a learning organization. Popularized by Peter Senge’s The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization (1990), a learning organization is a place “where people continually expand their capacity to create the results they truly desire, where new and expansive patterns of thinking are nurtured, where collective aspiration is set free, and where people are continually learning how to learn together.”Manebi Blue 'dakota' Espadrilles In Electric Flats Size US 8 Regular (M, B) While some question whether we can truly make a learning organization, Senge’s thinking may help solve our problem of identifying 2nd/3rd order and evil effects.
First, we must embrace new and expansive patterns of thinking. Force developers use the acronym – “DOTMPLF-P” as shorthand for Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Personnel, Leadership, Facilities, and Policy implications – yet other factors might be as important.
For example, trust in automated or robotics systems must be instilled and measured. In one poll, 73% of respondents noted they would be afraid of riding in a fully autonomous vehicle – up 10% points from the previous year.14 What if we develop a military autonomous vehicle or a leader-follower system and one or more of our host nation allies prohibits its use? What happens if an accident occurs and the host population protests, Christian Louboutin Blue White Navy Brown Pacha Denim Velvet Tassel Fringe Flats A887 Sandals Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B)Hunter Blue Tall Mercury Starcloud Rain Navy Neptune Boots/Booties Size US 6 Regular (M, B)arguing that the Americans don’t care for their safety?
Technologists and concept developers must move from being stove-piped in labs and single-focused to consider the broader view of technological implications across functions.
Embrace Humility. Given that we cannot predict the future and its potential consequences, developers must seek out diversified opinions, and more importantly, recognize divergent opinions.
Embrace the Data. In New York City during World War II, a small organization of some of the most brilliant minds in America worked in the office of the “Applied Mathematics Panel.” In Europe, the 8th U.S. Air Force suffered from devastating bomber losses. Jeffrey Campbell Beige Taggart Boots/Booties Size US 9 Regular (M, B)Burberry Black Novacheck Canvas Espadrille Thong Sandals Wedges Size EU 35 (Approx. US 5) Regular (M, B)Leaders wondered where best to reinforce the bombers with additional armor without significantly increasing their weight to improve survivability. Reports indicated returning bombers suffered gunfire hits over the wings and fuselage, but not in the tail or cockpits, so to the casual observer it made sense to reinforce the wings and fuselage where the damage was clearly visible.
Abraham Wald, a mathematician, worked on the problem. He noted that reinforcing the spots where damage was evident in returning aircraft wasn’t necessarily the best course of action, given that hits to the cockpit and tail were probably causing aircraft (and aircrew) losses during the mission. In a series of memorandums, he developed a “method of estimating plane vulnerability based on damage of survivors.” As Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes noted more than 100 years ago, “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”Prada Silver Metallic Open Toe Slingback Pumps Size US 6.5 Regular (M, B)Manolo Blahnik Gold Sneak With Stone Decoration Pumps Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)
Additionally, we need to reinforce our practice of performing quality literature reviews to aid in our identification of these issues.
Employ Skepticism and a Devil’s Advocate Approach. In 1587, the Roman Catholic Church created the position of Promoter of the Faith – commonly referred to as the Devil’s Advocate. To insure a candidate for sainthood met the qualification of being canonized, the role of the Devil’s Advocate was to be the skeptic (loyal to the institution), looking for reasons why not to canonize the individual. Similarly, Leaders must embrace the concept of employing a devil’s advocate approach to identifying 2nd/3rd order and evil effects of technology – if not designating a devil’s advocate with the right expertise to identify assumptions, risks, and effects. But creating any devil’s advocate or “risk identification” positions is only useful if their input is seriously considered.
Embrace the Suck. Lastly, if we are serious in identifying the 2nd/3rd order and evil effects, Christian Louboutin Greissimo 85 Pumps Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B)Tory Burch Black Logo Thin Flip Flops Sandals Size US 8 Regular (M, B)to include identifying new dependencies, ethical issues, or other issues which challenge the adaption or development of a new technology or policy – then we must be honest, resilient, and tough. There will be setbacks, delays, and frustration.
Technology holds the power to improve and change our personal and professional lives. For the military, technology changes the ways wars are fought (i.e., the character of war), but it may also change the nature of war by potentially reducing the “human dimension” in war. If robotics, AI, and other technological developments eliminate “danger, physical exertion, intelligence and friction,”17 is war easier to wage? Will technology increase its potential frequency? Will technology create a further separation between the military and the population by decreasing the number of personnel needed? These may be some of the 2nd/3rd order and “evil” effects we need to consider.
If you enjoyed this post, please see Dr. Marsella’s previous post “Second/Third Order, and Evil Effects” – The Dark Side of Technology (Max Mara Black & Tan Fatima 2-tone Leather Patent Stiletto Peep Toe- 37 / Pumps Size US 7 Regular (M, B))