- ARRAY Womens logan Leather Closed Toe Mid-Calf Fashion Boots Taupe Size 10.5 Z
- Boxfresh Ceza Grey Black Mens Suede Trainers Shoes
- Cole Haan grnd explore all terrin water proof mens shoes in grey size 13
- NEW Nevado's Men's Leather Bump Toe Sandals - Tan - Size: 12
- Sanuk Beer Cozy Double Jute Mens Flip-Flops Thong Sandals Shoes Brindle SMS10868
- Man's/Woman's Rockport Work Men's RK6762 Work Shoe Customer first Carefully selected materials Elegant and stable packaging
- Nike Air Max Lebron X Low 11.5
- Nike Air Zoom Structure 19 [806580-010] Running Black/Platinum-Volt-Blue Sz 10.5
- Wolverine Work Boots Durashocks Slip/Oil Resist 10" Leather Brown Mens Size 13 M
- STACY ADAMS SAO DETONATOR BLACK SUEDE MEN US SZ 12
- LADIES BOOTS COMFORT PLUS STYLE : BETTY WINTER WARMERS
- Harley-Davidson Men's Boots Size 8.5 Wore Once Nice!
- Rocky Core Chore Black Rubber Outdoor Boot - Black - Mens
- English Laundry Men's Oaks Chelsea Boot, Black, Size 8.0
- Skechers 64821-BBK Mens Relaxed Fit Doren - Westin SneakerD- Choose SZ/Color.
- Florsheim Men's Jasper Venetian Brown Smooth Leather Loafers
- PUMA ZAPATILLAS DEPORTIVAS NEGRO PARA MUJER 363649 SUEDE PLATFORM EXPLOS BWN'S
- Jimmy Choo Beige Suede Dillan Criss Cross Block Heel Open Sandals Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Black Viyonce 70 Buckled Shearling Fur Biker Moto Leather Heels Boots/Booties Size EU 36 (Approx. US 6) Regular (M, B)
- Charlotte Olympia Gold Hackney Leather Sandals Size EU 41 (Approx. US 11) Regular (M, B)
- Nike Roshe Run Navy SIZE 7
- Men Adidas VL Court 2.0 Shoes DA9853 Black/White 100% Authentic Brand New sz 9.5
- adidas SolarGlide Ladies Running Trainers US 7 /3 REF 3934
- WOMEN'S NIKE ZOOM ALL OUT FLYKNIT OC OLYMPIC VOLT PINK 845717 999 sz 8
- Nike Women's Flex Supreme TR 5 Training Shoes 852467 003 Dark Grey Hot Punch
- Womens Black Goth Stretchy Over Knee Thigh Boots Wedge Heels Riding Knight Shoes
- Nike Air Max iD Men's White /Grey NikeiD Running Shoe Sz 11
- 2007 Nike Air Jordan VIII 8 Retro LS ANTHRACITE 10.5
- I41 Frye Molly 3475111 Black Leather Knee High Boot Tall Riding Ext Calf Sz 8.5B
- Vince Camuto Women's SAVILLA2 Pump - Choose SZ/color
- Jutti US 5-10 Traditional Handmade Women Shoes Indian Leather Mojari Ballerinas
- Mary Janes Womens Cute Ankle Strap Flat Lolita Court Vintage Round Toe Shoes
- Bernie Mev Catwalk -On Shoe Womens Casual Shoes Low Heel
- Fashion Women's Oxfords flat Sneakers Loafer Boat Shoes Rivet Buckle Slip On A7
- SoftWalk Irish II Mary Janes-Women's size 12 M Black
- Camper Women's Right Nina K200618 Mary Jane Flat - Choose SZ/Color
- Bandolino Women's Nubilla D'Orsay Peep Toe Gold Glamour Fabric Heels
- Nike Air Max Sequent 3 Womens 908993-010 Black Knit Running Shoes Size 8
- Kenneth Cole New York Women's Kinsley Fashion Sneaker
- Man's/Woman's Donald J Pliner Camo-M3 Womens Sneaker Selling Primary quality Current shape
- J. Renee Women's Malree Slingback Black Lizard Print Synthetic Comfort Shoes
- Mr/Ms Men's Millburn Co. Wingtip Derby 9 Modern and elegant fashion delicate Very practical
- Giorgio Brutini Austin Mens Woven Shoes Brown Leather Comfort Tassel Shoes 8.5M
- CONVERSE JACK PURCELL JOHN VARVATOS LIMITED EDITION SHOES SIZE Men 8 - Women 9.5
- MEN'S 12 EUC SPERRY TOP-SIDER WHITE CREAM LOAFERS SLIP ON SHOES VERY NICE
- Klogs Tiburon Unisex Comfort Slip-resistant Clog - Black - 9 Medium
- Sam Edelman Black Leather Zip Up Peep Toe High Slim Heel Ankle Boots Size 8
- MODERN VINTAGE Cuff Ankle Boots Black Leather High Round Heel EURO 40 US 9.5
- Man's/Woman's Steve Madden Harber Women's Boots Taupe We have won praise from our customers. Skilled manufacturing Rich on-time delivery
- Ollio Women's Shoe Faux Suede Buckle Strap Stacked Heel Ankle Boots TWB0104 6...
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Women's Quinta Shearling Fur Winter Boots 10 B
- + OLUKAI ‘Moku’ Moc Toe Derby Size 43.5
- Camper Beetle 36678 Black Red Mens Leather Trainers Shoes
- A Brand New @Look@Pair of hand made John Lobb Men's Slip on Blue suede Shoes
- WoW! $290 Mezlan Size 11.5 Diablo Brown Leather Mens Sandals Fisherman Shoes
- J/Slides - Alec - White Leather - 5
- Puma x House of Hackney Palm Basket - Green - Mens
- Nike Mens Stefan Blue Mesh Sport Athletic Shoes Sneakers 4 Medium (D) BHFO 7195
- EXTRA TALL, THIGH HIGH, LEATHER BOOTS SURE TO TURN HEADS! NICE PRICE, TOO!- 12
- Tony Lama Cowboy Boots Brown Leather Mens Size 8 D Distressed Country Western
- Vtg Steel Cap Toe ANSI Military Combat Grunge Biker Boots Mens 8.5
- Jimmy Choo Black Textured Suede Crown Peep Toe Platform Pumps Size EU 41 (Approx. US 11) Regular (M, B)
- Fendi Wine Rockoko Velvet Knit Cuissard Boots/Booties Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Black Marchavekel 100 Pumps Size EU 40 (Approx. US 10) Regular (M, B)
- NIB MENS SIZE 10.5 NIKE AIR MAX 90 WOVEN SNEAKERS BLACK 833129-003 LIMITED
- Punk Black Men's High Top Ankle Boots Zipper Cuban Heel Pointed Toe Shoes Size B
- Man/Woman The Star Stomper Boots quality Fine art professional design
- New Men's Levi's Jeffrey Hi 501 Core High-Top Sneakers Black - White Size 8.5
- Man's/Woman's Rockport Men's Perth - Choose SZ/Color Wear resistant discount Most practical
- Merrell Men's Laze Hemp Moc Fashion Sneaker - Choose SZ/Color
- Man/Woman: foamposite Sneakers: Linden, Fashion
- Men's Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer Running Shoe BLK/Blue 918264 007 Sz 11
- Adidas Stan Smith Womens Shoes Size 7 Brazilian Bird Print Sneakers BZ0412 NEW
- Nike Huarache Drift GS Kids Youth Womens Running Shoes Lifestyle Sneakers Pick 1
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Ox Women US 6 Black Sneakers
- SC35 Sophiie Knee High Slouch Boots, Black
- Nike Kobe Mentality II Blac/Cool Grey Basketball Training Shoes 818952 001 Sz 14
- Mens Nike Air Max 95 Premium - Ale Brown/Navy Sail Shoes 538416 200- Size 10.5
- Fashion Womens Fur Trim Winter Thicken Warm Mid-calf Snow Boots Rhinestone Beads
- Women Over knee High Boots Suede Slim Heels Pointed Toe Leopard Pull on Shoes
- Anne Klein Women's Anni Synthetic Ankle Boot
- Privo by Clarks 75236 Slip On With Strap Black Comfort Casual Walking Shoes 6.5
- British Womens Oxfords Loafers Slip On Block Heels Casual Tassels Bowknot Shoes
- Donald J Pliner Women's Designer Italian Sport Shoes Size 8M Slip On Sneaker
- Cole Haan Air Monroe Gray Reflective Leather Penny Loafers Women’s Size 5.5 M
- YSL Yves Saint Laurent Animal Print Fur Slipper Flats Shoes $725 40 10
- New Vans Old Skool Premium Suede Skate Shoe Rose WOMENS Shoes
- Columbia PFG Women's Dorado CVO Sneaker,10.5 BM US,Steam, Melonade
- PHILIPPE MODEL WOMEN'S SHOES TRAINERS SNEAKERS NEW PARIS BIRD GOLD EB5
- YSL Saint Laurent Womens SL/01H Black Leather Sneakers Flats 37 7
- Propet Julene WCX003L Mary Jane Blue Leather Comfort Fit Shoes 9.5 X(2E)
- Cole Haan Mens Loafers Zeno Split Toe C07486 Brown Slip On Driving Shoe Size 15
- Mens casual faux patent leather Open toe Gladiator Sandals loafer shoes new
- Punk Mens Rivet spikes studs Leather Moccasins Shoes Loafers Leisure Oxfords New
- JSlides Mens Desmond Fashion Sneaker Shoe Grey Leather Size 9 M US
- Calvin Klein Jeans Men's Cabot Suede Fashion Sneaker, Grey - Size 13
- Forever 21 Ankle Boots Size 8.5M Women's Black Leather Side Zip Low Block Heels
- Style & Co. Womens Royy Closed Toe Ankle Fashion Boots
- Victoria's Secret Love PINK Medium 7/8 Black Tall Slipper Boots RARE Knit A6d
- ✿HUSH PUPPIES Waterproof Gray Premium Leather 3" Heel Zip Boots 9.5 W NEW! L@@K!
- Paws Print Labrador Boots For Men-Limited Edition-Express Shipping
- Gentlemen/Ladies Lacoste Men's Tourelle CIW Sneaker use cheapest Characteristics
- Nike SB Delta Force 942237-002 Black Classic Casual Shoes Men
- Huf Men's Dylan Slip On Ankle-High Suede Slip-On Shoes
- Strappy Mens Fashion Style Adjustable Chic Beach Sandals Shoes Toe Ring Summer
- New retro style yellow patent low wedge shoe buckle toe sz 7 Brady 60's
- Rockport Mens Powerpacet-Toe CastlerockGrey Walking Shoes Size 8.5 (E, W)
- Christian Louboutin Multicolor Gondolastrass Strass Digitale Purple Sneakers Flats 751 Sneakers Size EU 36 (Approx. US 6) Regular (M, B)
- Steve Madden Taupe Wedges Size US 9.5
- Steve Madden Black P-lakke Boots/Booties Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Classic Cortez Nylon Shoes Sz 9.5 Black White Retro West Coast Dad Sneakers
- JJ B206 Mens Nike Air Running Size 12 White And Red
- New!! Mens :BRAHMA: Leather Work Boots 7.5 Steel Toe Waterproof Slip Resistant
- Drew Navigator II Black Strap Diabetic Comfort Shoes 44837 Mens 10.5 WWWW
- John B Stetson Handmade Brown Leather Square Toe Cowboy Boots Mens Size 10
- DANNER Boots Men's Size 10.5 D MEDFORD GORE-TEX Gray Leather #B2060
- Mens Vintage Short Brown Leather Cowboy Boots 12 B New In Box
- Dr. martens low top dress shoe punk burgundy brown 2 eye size 8 doc martens
- ECCO Seawalker Casual Shoes Rust Brown Leather / US 11-11.5 Fantastic!
- Cole Haan Men's 2.Zerogrand Navy Suede Unlined Laser Wingtip Oxford Shoes 8.5
- Adidas D Lillard 3 Basketball Shoes 2017 DAME NEW - FREE SHIP - (III) - BY3206+
- Nike LeBron 9 Ohio State 469764-601 Size 8 Rare.
- Adidas NMD_R1 W Women Sun Glow Peach Pink White BY3034 Haze Coral Salmon Bright
- NIKE Hyperdiamond 2 Pro Mcs 856493-012 BLACK Womens Size 8
- New Balance Women WL574KSD Classic Sneakers, Pigment/Moroccan Tile/ Dark Sheen P
- Man's/Woman's Lucky Brand Women's SALMAH2 Ankle Boot durable Latest styles negotiation
- MEN,S NIKE AIR MAX ZERO ESSENTIAL PARAMOUNT BLUE/WHITE/BLACK 876070-001 BNIB 36
- Nike Men's Dualtone Racer PRM Black/White 924448-002
- Round Toe Chunky Heels Stretchy Over The Knee Boots Women Slim Thigh Long Boots
- WOMAN'S EMU AUSTRALIA COOLOOLA CHOCOLATE BOOTS NWT SIZE 7 W10691
- Mexicans Old Gringo Shanghai Zip Ankle Boots 6.5-7.5 Free People $600
- Vince Camuto Perforated Leather Flats Shoes 8 US
- NEWS CHACO QUINN MULES SLIP ON SHOES WOMENS 9 J105400 SANDSTONE FREE SHIP
- Merrell Women's Pechora Wrap Slip-On Shoe - Choose SZ/Color
- Clarks Originals Womens X Natalie Oakwood D
- Geox D745VB000PVC7357 Womens Annya Mid 3 Dress Pump /- Choose SZ/Color.
[Editor’s Note: In Part I of this series, Dr. Nick Marsella addressed the duty we have to examine our assumptions about emergent warfighting technologies / capabilities and their associated implications to identify potential second / third order and “evil” effects. Fashion Womens Pointy Toe Stilettos High Heels multicolor Retro Ankle Shoes SizeWomens Round Toe High Heels Platform Ankle Riding Boots Clubwear Dance Shoes E96 In today’s post, he prescribes five actions we can embrace both individually and as organizations to avoid confirmation bias and falling into cognitive thinking traps when confronting the ramifications of emergent technologies — Enjoy!]
In part I of my blog post, I advised those advocating for the development and/or fielding of technology to be mindful of the second/third order and possible “evil” effects. I defined “evil” as an unexpected and profound negative implication(s) of the adoption/adaption of a technology and related policy. I also recommended heeding the admonition of Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, to take responsibility for our technological creations and have the courage to think things through their potential implications – both for the good and the bad.
But even if we as individuals are willing to challenge our assumptions and think broadly and imaginatively, we can still come up short. Why? The answer is due in part to the challenges of prediction and the fact we are human with both great cognitive abilities, but also weaknesses.
First, common sense and many theorists remind us that the future is unknowable.Women Faux Suede Knee High Boots Round Toe High Block Heel Platform Buckle StrapChic Women Patent Leather Ankle Boots Low Heel Round Toe Side Zip Retro ShinningThe futurist Arthur C. Clark noted in 1962, “It is impossible to predict the future, and all attempts to do in any detail appear ludicrous within a very few years.” Within this fixed condition of unknowing, the U.S. Departments of Defense and the Army must make choices to determine:
– what capabilities we desire and its related technology;
– where to invest in research and development; and
As Michael E. Raynor pointed out in his book, Womens Slouch Platform Block Chunky Heels Knee High Boots Pull On Shoes Fashion, making choices and developing strategies, which include adopting new technology, where the future is unknowable and “deeply unpredictable” either produces monumental successes or monumental failures.New Leather Knee High Boots Stiletto Zip Buckle Knight Boots Womens Rivet ShoesChic Women Wedge High Heel Pointed Toe Party Casual Zipper Ankle Boots Shoes C50 For a company this can spell financial ruin, while for the Army, it can spell disaster and the loss of Soldiers’ lives and national treasure. Yet, we must also choose a “way ahead” – often by considering “boundaries” – in a sense the left and right limits – of potential implications.
Second, our ability to predict when technology will become available is often in error nor can we accurately determine its implications. For example, in a New York Times editorial on December 8, 1903, it noted: “A man carrying airplane will eventually be built, Womens Back Zipper Patent Leather Buckles Ankle Boots Square Toe Warm Shoes NewWomen's Pointy Toe Reviet Block Heel Pumps Shoes Ankle Boots Elastic Pull On newbut only if mathematicians and engineers work steadily for the next ten million years.”5 The Wright Brothers first flight took place the following week, but it took decades for commercial and military aviation to evolve.
Each of the services has faced force modernization challenges due to the adoption of technologies that weren’t mature enough; whose capabilities were over-promised; or did not support operations in the envisioned Operational Environment. For the U.S. Army, Future Combat Systems (FCS) was the most obvious and recent example of this challenge – costing billions of dollars and, just as importantly, lost time and confidence.womens pointed toe high block heel buckle ankle boots side zip party chic shoesWomens Super High Wedge Platform Round Toe Over Knee Riding Boots Shoes HOT Sbox
Third, in terms of future technology, predictions vary widely. For example, predictions by MIT’s Rodney Brooks and futurist/inventor Ray Kurzweil vary widely to the question – “What year do you think human-level Artificial Intelligence [AI, i.e., a true thinking machine] might be achieved with a 50% probability?” Kurzweil predicts AI (as defined) will be available in 2029, while Brooks is a bit more conservative – the year 2200 – a difference of over 170 years.Skechers Women's Keepsneak Avalanche Cool Weather BootWomens Strethy Over Knee Thigh High Boots Pointy Toes Sexy Stilettos Shoes Lady
While one can understand the difficulty of predicting when “general AI” will be available, other technologies offer similar difficulties. The vision of the “self-driving” autonomous vehicle was first written about and experimented with in the 1920s, yet technological limitations, legal concerns, customer fears, and other barriers make implementing this capability challenging.
Lastly, as Rodney Brooks has highlighted, Women's Ankle Boots Creeper Round Toe Party Platform Strappy Synthetic Leather maintains:
“we tend to overestimate the effect of a technology in the short run and underestimate the effect in the long run.”Europe Women's Patent Leather Fashion Retro Low Cuban Heels Fur Ankle Boots Size
SECOND, THIRD ORDER AND EVIL EFFECTS
– intentionally focus on the positive effects of adopting a technology;
– ignore the experts and those who identify the potential downside of technology; and
– fail to think thorough the short, long, and potentially dangerous effects or dependencies – imaginatively.
We do this because we are human, and more often because we fall into the confirmation bias or other cognitive thinking traps that might affect our program or pet technology. As noted by RAND in Truth Decay:Sexy Womens Metallic Pumps Glitter Stretchy Over the Knee Boots Clubwear ShoesRoman Tassel Womens Buckle High Heel Pointy Toe Shoes Stilettos Ankle Boots NEW
“Cognitive biases and the ways in which human beings process information and make decisions cause people to look for information, opinion, and analyses that confirm preexisting beliefs, to weigh experience more heavily than data and facts, and then to rely on mental shortcuts and the beliefs of those in the same social networks when forming opinions and making decisions.”9
Yet, the warning signs or signals for many unanticipated effects can be found simply by conducting a literature review of government, think tank, academic, and popular reports (to perhaps include science fiction). This may deter some, given the sheer volume of literature is often overwhelming, but contained within these reports are many of the challenges associated with future technology, such as: the potential for deep fakes, loss of privacy, hacking,Women's Bling Sequins Stilettos Pointy Toe Over Knee Thigh Boots Party NightclubWomens Faux Suede Fur Trim Over Knee High Boots Stilettos Shoes Platform Plus Sz accidents, deception, and loss of industries/jobs.
At the national level, both the current and previous administrations published reports on AI, as has the Department of Defense – some more balanced in addressing of issues of fairness, safety, governance, and ethics.10
For example, using photo recognition to help law enforcement and others seems like a great idea, yet its use is increasingly being questioned. This past May, San Francisco became the first city to ban its use, and others may follow suit.11 While some question this decision to ban vice impose a moratorium until the technology produces less errors, the question remains – did the developers and policy makers consider if there would be push back to its introduction given its current performance?Womens High Top studded mid Calf Boots zip Cuban Heels patent leather shoes New2018 Summer Womens High Heels Lotus Leaves Peep Toe Zip High Top Sandals lShoes What sources did they consult?
Another challenge is language. You’ve seen the commercials – “there is much we can do with AI” – in farming, business, and even beer making. While “AI” is a clever tag line, it may invoke unnecessary fear and misunderstanding. For example, I believe for most people equate “robotics” and “AI” with the “Terminator” franchise, raising the fear of uncontrolled autonomous military force overwhelming humanity. Even worse – under the moniker of “AI,” we will buy into “snake-oil” propositions.
We are at least decades away from “general AI” where a “system exhibits apparently intelligence behavior at least as advanced as a person” across the “full range of cognitive tasks,” but we continue to flaunt the use of “AI” without elaboration.Womens Leather Stilettos High Heels Pull On Over Knee Boots Pointed Toe Shoes T6new Suede Leather High Block Heels Pointy Toe Side Zippers Beads Ankle Boots
SOME ACTIONS TO TAKE
Embrace a learning organization. Popularized by Peter Senge’s The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization (1990), a learning organization is a place “where people continually expand their capacity to create the results they truly desire, where new and expansive patterns of thinking are nurtured, where collective aspiration is set free, and where people are continually learning how to learn together.”Plus Punk Gothic Women's High Heel Platform Creeper Chunky Ankle Boots Shoes A89 While some question whether we can truly make a learning organization, Senge’s thinking may help solve our problem of identifying 2nd/3rd order and evil effects.
First, we must embrace new and expansive patterns of thinking. Force developers use the acronym – “DOTMPLF-P” as shorthand for Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Personnel, Leadership, Facilities, and Policy implications – yet other factors might be as important.
For example, trust in automated or robotics systems must be instilled and measured. In one poll, 73% of respondents noted they would be afraid of riding in a fully autonomous vehicle – up 10% points from the previous year.14 What if we develop a military autonomous vehicle or a leader-follower system and one or more of our host nation allies prohibits its use? What happens if an accident occurs and the host population protests, US4-11.5 Womens Ankle Boots Vogue Block Heel Butterfly Printed Black Shoes NewLadies Ankle Boot Embroidery Ethnic British Block High Heel Fashion Shoes Winterarguing that the Americans don’t care for their safety?
Technologists and concept developers must move from being stove-piped in labs and single-focused to consider the broader view of technological implications across functions.
Embrace Humility. Given that we cannot predict the future and its potential consequences, developers must seek out diversified opinions, and more importantly, recognize divergent opinions.
Embrace the Data. In New York City during World War II, a small organization of some of the most brilliant minds in America worked in the office of the “Applied Mathematics Panel.” In Europe, the 8th U.S. Air Force suffered from devastating bomber losses. Fashion Knee High Boots Round Toe Low Heel Fur Lined Side Double Zip Comfy Shoes$160 New! Dolce Vita Brown Camel Leather Ankle Boots Booties sz 10 Euro 40Leaders wondered where best to reinforce the bombers with additional armor without significantly increasing their weight to improve survivability. Reports indicated returning bombers suffered gunfire hits over the wings and fuselage, but not in the tail or cockpits, so to the casual observer it made sense to reinforce the wings and fuselage where the damage was clearly visible.
Abraham Wald, a mathematician, worked on the problem. He noted that reinforcing the spots where damage was evident in returning aircraft wasn’t necessarily the best course of action, given that hits to the cockpit and tail were probably causing aircraft (and aircrew) losses during the mission. In a series of memorandums, he developed a “method of estimating plane vulnerability based on damage of survivors.” As Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes noted more than 100 years ago, “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”Cole Haan Verdi Winery Ankle Bootie Womens size 8.5 BSkechers Sport Women's D'Lites Original Non-Memory - Choose SZ/color
Additionally, we need to reinforce our practice of performing quality literature reviews to aid in our identification of these issues.
Employ Skepticism and a Devil’s Advocate Approach. In 1587, the Roman Catholic Church created the position of Promoter of the Faith – commonly referred to as the Devil’s Advocate. To insure a candidate for sainthood met the qualification of being canonized, the role of the Devil’s Advocate was to be the skeptic (loyal to the institution), looking for reasons why not to canonize the individual. Similarly, Leaders must embrace the concept of employing a devil’s advocate approach to identifying 2nd/3rd order and evil effects of technology – if not designating a devil’s advocate with the right expertise to identify assumptions, risks, and effects. But creating any devil’s advocate or “risk identification” positions is only useful if their input is seriously considered.
Embrace the Suck. Lastly, if we are serious in identifying the 2nd/3rd order and evil effects, Naot Womens Luisia Ankle Bootie Gray 37 M US - BOTH LEFT SHOESWomens Sweater Top Leather Pointy Toe Combat Motorcycle Block Heel Ankle Bootsto include identifying new dependencies, ethical issues, or other issues which challenge the adaption or development of a new technology or policy – then we must be honest, resilient, and tough. There will be setbacks, delays, and frustration.
Technology holds the power to improve and change our personal and professional lives. For the military, technology changes the ways wars are fought (i.e., the character of war), but it may also change the nature of war by potentially reducing the “human dimension” in war. If robotics, AI, and other technological developments eliminate “danger, physical exertion, intelligence and friction,”17 is war easier to wage? Will technology increase its potential frequency? Will technology create a further separation between the military and the population by decreasing the number of personnel needed? These may be some of the 2nd/3rd order and “evil” effects we need to consider.
If you enjoyed this post, please see Dr. Marsella’s previous post “Second/Third Order, and Evil Effects” – The Dark Side of Technology (Not Rated Women's Enzo Boot, Taupe, 6 US/6-10 M US)
… as well as the following posts:Caterpillar Women's Kiley Pleated Leather Bootie with Tweed Accents Ankle BootMan's/Woman's Aerosoles Take PrideMid-Calf Boots, Brown Fashion pattern Primary quality Fashion dynamic
– Anna Shoes Women's Cutout Side Buckle Peep Toe Stacked Chunky Heel Ankle Bootie, by Dr. Nir Buras