- Mi Bottes Esprit Motard COCO et ABRICOT Cuir Noir et Sequin T 37 TBE
- Men's/Women's Alfani Jadah Women's Boots Cognac Outstanding features Win highly appreciated TRUE
- Del Toro Blue Suede Shoes Size 10
- DIADORA MEN'S SHOES LEATHER TRAINERS SNEAKERS NEW GAME L LOW WHITE 061
- Demonia Creeper 602 Gray Suede 1" Oxford Comfort Shoe Men Sizes 4-13
- Nike Kawa Slide Sandal 832646 010 Black/White SANDALS
- Jack Rogers Starstruck Womens Ballet Flat- Choose SZ/Color.
- Nike SB Skateboarding Zoom Stefan Janoski- UNC Tar Heels Blue 333824-402 Size 9
- Mens Warrior 2nd Degree Lax Lacrosse Cleats White Silver Yellow Size 10
- Men’s Dr.Martens Ankle Boots Size 8M Brown Leather
- Capps LH811SM S3 Black Mens Safety Boots Steel Toe Cap & Midsole Work Boots PPE
- Dakota Men's Mid-Cut Black/Yellow Hiking Boots 10EE
- Dakota Men's 529 HD3 8" STSP Steel Toe Injected Welt Boot Black Size 12M
- DEMONIA DEFIANT-100 - 1" Platform - Goth Military Combat Boot - Black - Size 7
- New Dickies Men's Fury Steel Toe Exo-Lite Safety work Shoes DW2528 sz 7.5
- Sandro Moscoloni Men's Reno Driving Moc
- New Fashion Mens Round Toe Vintage PullOn shoes Wedding Loafers Tassels Suede C8
- Charlotte Olympia Jewel Print Dolly Platforms Size US 5 Regular (M, B)
- Man/Woman: nike kyrie 2: Fashion Pattern
- Christian Louboutin Nude Nosy Spikes Pvc Rose Gold Cap Toe Stiletto Pumps Size EU 39.5 (Approx. US 9.5) Regular (M, B)
- Giuseppe Zanotti Silver Swarovski Crystal Cage Sandals Size EU 38.5 (Approx. US 8.5) Regular (M, B)
- Nike Men's The Nike Premier Soccer Cleat
- NEW NIKE ALPHABALLER MID Mens Cool Grey Cyber NIB LTD dunk NR
- Women Adidas B37361 Stan smith New Bold Casual shoes orange sneakers
- WMNS Nike Air Max 95 SE Running Shoes Black Silver Anthracite SZ ( 918413-001 )
- Garmont TXT womens shoes US size 7 tactical cross trainer gym road [runs small]
- Women Sexy Over Knee Pointed Toe High Heels Stiletto Long Boots Suede Elastic
- Nike Air Jordan Retro 7 Barcelona Nights Size 6
- Nike Air Max 90 Ultra 2.0 Flyknit Men's Trainers Size
- LAUREN by Ralph Lauren Womens DAMARA Leather Closed, Polo Tan/Snuff, Size 7.5 L6
- La Canadienne Womens Mazy Moka Suede Waterproof Knee High Boot Size 9 M US
- Tory Burch Bristol 85 mm elephant gray leather calf boot ankle zipper 10 bootie
- Z Womens Wing Tip Oxford Platform Creeper Comfort Punk Brogues Shoes US 4-10.5
- Pour La Victoire Women Shoes Size 6 New Flats
- Easy Spirit Myles Slip-On Shoes Turquoise Multi 6.5 M US
- A7EIJE71 HI TOPS MAVERICK BLACK PEBBLED NAPPA LEATHER, US SIZE 8M(39), NEW
- Elaine Turner Python ballet flats w/Gold buckle - Gorgeous -NIB! Ladies size 6M
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34 Shield, Women Size 10.5 B WolfGrey/ThunderBlue Mint
- Nike Air Max 90 Premium Linen/Linen-Sail (WS) (896497 200)
- New Balance Women's 890v6 Running Shoe Grey 6.5 B US
- TREDSAFE (BAILEY WW) LIGHTWEIGHT SLIP RESISTANT WIDE WIDTH WOMENS SHOE NIB
- Dansko Brown Leather Mary Jane Style Loafers Size 37 or 7 US Womens Shoes Buckle
- ROBERTO SERPENTINI 1152b Taupe Beige Suede / Leather Slip-On Loafers 45 / US 12
- Tricker'S Wing Tip Shoes Orn Suede Phenomenon Bespoke (87280
- Apex Men's Black Leather "Ambulator" Shoes Size 8W
- Cole Haan Women's Woven Loafers Size 9.5 B Brown Leather Slip-On Shoes Italy 61
- Johnston & Murphy Moc Toe Penny Loafers Brown Sz 10.5M Made In Italy
- Hokkaido-6 Pointed Toe Over Knee Thigh High Heel Stretch Elastic Boot Red
- Women's Vince Camuto Caden Purple Suede Ankle Boots Heels Size 5.5 M
- Lucky Brand Beige Ankle Boots Leather Studs Zippered Closure 5" Heels Size 8 M
- Fitflop Women US 8 Brown Pebbled Leather Buckle Ankle Boot Buckle Shoes 102-030
- Eastland Men's Adventure MLB Chicago Cubs Deck Shoes
- Prada Calzature Uomo Mens Shoes - Size 8 1/2 NIB
- JUST CAVALLI Shoe S08WS0088N08821 white 100% Leather
- SIZE 7 - Islamic Arabian Leather Najdi Mens Sandals - Black Free Ship Intl
- Bernie Mev Women's Demure Flat, Camo, 39 EU/8-8.5 M US
- Men Fashion Breathable Hiking Water Shoes Antiskid Light Mesh Walking Beach HFTH
- Supra Yorek Low Men's Charcoal/Magnet/White Fashion Sneakers 8.5M
- B35 Chance Mens Classic Ankle Boots 516, Brown, 12 US
- Skechers Men's Relaxed Fit Relment Sonego Hiking Shoe
- Salvatore Ferragamo Black New Pimpa Patent Bow B Pumps Size US 9 Regular (M, B)
- adidas By Stella McCartney Blue Thallo Mesh Ballerina Flats Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B)
- Dior Black Christian Strappy Heels Formal Shoes Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B)
- L0815 Mens' Size 9 1/2 D Nocona Black Western Cowboy Boots
- Mens Pointy Toe Leather Suede Ankle Boots British Oxford Motorcycle Shoes
- Clarks Grandin Mid Ankle Men's Boot, Grey Suede - 9M
- CLARKS Men's Desert Mali Boot Taupe Distressed 13257 sz 8.5 D MED 4537 
- Mens DUNHAM BY NEW BALANCE brown leather fashion sneakers sz. 10.5 NEW!
- Rockport Mens Walking Shoe,Sand Nubuck,7 W US
- Gentleman/Lady: Nike: Multiple new designs
- NIKE Kaishi NS Mens Black Shoes (13, Black/White)
- NEW Nike KD 8 EXT Men's Shoes Red Paisley Mothers Day Kevin Durant 806393-004
- adidas Performance BA8564 Womens X 17.4 FG W Soccer Shoe- Choose SZ/Color.
- Nike Women's Air Max 90 Prm Running Shoe
- Vogue Womens Mid Block Heel Riding Knee High Boot Plus Sizes Pull on Shoes 2018
- Women Leather Platform Rivet Zip Metal Decor Anckle Boots Retro Block Heel Shoes
- *NIB* ADIDAS AX 1 MID LEA OUTDOOR Trail Hiking SZ 11 Women's New AD 16-006
- Jordan Rising High Men Basketball Shoes SIZE 11 Air Blue White 768931-423
- New Women Fashion Ankle Boots Leopard Knit Chunky Heels Winter Casual Boots
- David Tate Women's Maxie Chelsea Boot
- Man/Woman Aldo Women's Pietralta Ankle Boot durability stable quality Exquisite processing
- Kenneth Cole Reaction Stir Prize 2 Youth Girls 6 Gray New Women's 8 Pewter
- Easy Street Women's Kelsa Knee High Boot
- J.Crew Italian Made Ballet Flats Green Suede Leather Sz 6
- Men's/Women's Ladies Rieker Flats 46377 Outstanding features Medium cost Current shape
- Alberto La TORRE 4260 Black Velour / Patent Leather Oxfords Shoes 41 / US 11
- $125 NWOB SZ 9 CONVERSE CT ANIMAL PRINT SHROUD HI TOP SNEAKERS ORTHOLITE INSOLE
- WMNS NIKE AIR MAX 90 PREMIUM ID NAVY BLUE-SAIL SZ 10 [708283-997]
- Asics T694N Gel-Kensei 6 Athletic Shoes - Women's Size 7, Pink/Turquoise
- New Miu Miu Women's Sneakers Tennis Shoes Size 9.5 Fashion Glitter Lux Pink
- SAS Women's Siesta Tripad Comfort Genuine Moccasin White Leather Shoe Size 7M
- Men's PRADA 'Slip-On' Black/Grey Leather Sneakers Size US 9.5 PRADA 8.5
- MEN"S SPERRY TOP SIDER LEATHER SHOES SIZE 8.5
- Red Wing Oxboro Walnut Brown Waterproof Leather Loafers Slip On Shoes Mens 12B
- 51241 EW CCBK Wide Width Skechers Shoes Men's Memory Foam Sport Comfort Work New
- New GUESS Gable 2 Fashion Sneakers Men Shoes Size 10.5 (MSRP $120) Gray
- Amanda Smith Ankle Boots Shoes Outdoor B SZ 8 Womens Brown Leather Faux Fur
- Urban Outfitters Womens Alexa Glove Boots Black White Size 8 New
- Leather Knee Boots Size 7 M Brown High Riding LL BEAN Flat Sole Style 010326 NEW
- LADY GODIVA CAMEL GOLD SUEDE LIKE BOOTS SIZE 10
- STEVEN Steve Madden Madeira Charcoal Premium Leather Zip Boots 7 M NEW! L@@K!C4
- DS NIKE 2011 SAMPLE AIR MAX 90 HYPERFUSE PURE PLATINUM DYNAMIC BLUE 9 MOON 1 95
- Klogs Knight Mens Leather Slip-on - Slip Mahogany Smooth - 10 Medium
- Clarks Men's Touareg Vibe OxfordBlack9.5 M US
- Swiss tech men's summer beach sandals mesh rubber high quality size 11 us
- fs/ny French Sole Volume Woven Leather Slingback Flats, Women's Size 6M, Black
- Christian Louboutin Wine Burgundy Pigalle Follies 100 Pumps Size US 9.5
- Givenchy Shark Lock Wedge Brown Suede Classic Celebrity Mid Calf 37 Boots/Booties Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
- Ecco Black Leather Low Heels Pumps Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)
- Converse Men's Size 7 US Leather All Star Vintage Track Shoes Sneakers White Blu
- Puma Play B&C - Black - Mens
- Gentlemen/Ladies Hiking Boots High quality and cheap Low price Official website
- Camper Black Leather Nylon Rain Duck Boots Pull On Mens US 13
- Men's Gear Box 9" Black Leather Logger Work Boot Size 8.5 EE
- Men's Boot Outdoor Waterproof Steeltoe Rubber, 48N
- Mens Slip On Snowboots Fur lined Winter Ankle Boots Waterproof Loafers Shoes Sz
- Harley-Davidson Boots Brake Light Black Leather Sz 8 Motorcycle 6.25” 91680
- New Cole-Haan D cedar/brier sueded/calf leather
- NIB Mens Magnanni Butero Perforated Penny Loafer Slip-On Cognac Brown Shoes 8.5
- NEW NIB RARE Women's Puma Basket X Careaux Collaboration Shoes 361475-01 Sz 9
- NIKE ZOOM VICTORY 3 SPRINT TRACK & FIELD SPIKES BLACK SIZE 10 NEW (835997-017)
- NIKE Big Low Basketball Sneakers Mens Sz 11.5 Shoes Black White 355152 016
- adidas Adidas Women ZX Flux Casual shoes- Choose SZ/Color.
- Brand New WMNS Air Huarache Run PRM Athletic Fashion Sneakers [AA0523 201]
- New Balance 608v4 Womens Shoes White with Blue. Size 10. "BRAND NEW WITHOUT BOX"
- Sexy Womens Over Knee Thigh Boots Stiletto High Heels Shiny Pull On Club Shoes
- BNIB! Nike Air Max 97 UL '17 in Black / Pure Platinum 9.5 Uk
- adidas Originals Women's Tubular Invader Strap W Fashion Sneaker
- Ivanka Trump Gentry Fleece Lined Quilted Winter Ankle Boots sz 8.5 new
- Report Women's Liola Western Boot Black Size 8.5 Y7Jt
- El Naturalista N917 Womens Angkor Shoe- Choose SZ/Color.
- Women's EUC Merrell Orbit Moc Black leather Sz 7.5
- Charles by Charles David Women's Darcy Ballet Flat, Navy, 7 Medium US
- Jambu 9 Blossom Encore Sneaker Mary Jane Flat Red Leather Memory Foam All Terra
- FitFlop Womens Gogh Pro Superlight Clog Shoes, Chocolate Brown, US 8
[Editor’s Note: In Part I of this series, Dr. Nick Marsella addressed the duty we have to examine our assumptions about emergent warfighting technologies / capabilities and their associated implications to identify potential second / third order and “evil” effects. Nis Women Casual Pointed Toe Pumps Flats Ladies Party Patent Leather Boat ShoesWOMENS LADIES COMFY FAUX FUR TRIM RUBBER SLIDER FLATS SHOES SLIDES SLIPPERS SIZE In today’s post, he prescribes five actions we can embrace both individually and as organizations to avoid confirmation bias and falling into cognitive thinking traps when confronting the ramifications of emergent technologies — Enjoy!]
In part I of my blog post, I advised those advocating for the development and/or fielding of technology to be mindful of the second/third order and possible “evil” effects. I defined “evil” as an unexpected and profound negative implication(s) of the adoption/adaption of a technology and related policy. I also recommended heeding the admonition of Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, to take responsibility for our technological creations and have the courage to think things through their potential implications – both for the good and the bad.
But even if we as individuals are willing to challenge our assumptions and think broadly and imaginatively, we can still come up short. Why? The answer is due in part to the challenges of prediction and the fact we are human with both great cognitive abilities, but also weaknesses.
First, common sense and many theorists remind us that the future is unknowable.Shellys London Womens Abeniel Canvas Round Toe Loafers Gray Size 9.0 uJk0Women's Sequin Ballet Flats Shoes in Black Gold Silver Sizes 37-40 NewThe futurist Arthur C. Clark noted in 1962, “It is impossible to predict the future, and all attempts to do in any detail appear ludicrous within a very few years.” Within this fixed condition of unknowing, the U.S. Departments of Defense and the Army must make choices to determine:
– what capabilities we desire and its related technology;
– where to invest in research and development; and
As Michael E. Raynor pointed out in his book, Vintage Women Shoes Flats Pumps Comfort Soft Casual Plus Size Walking Loafers, making choices and developing strategies, which include adopting new technology, where the future is unknowable and “deeply unpredictable” either produces monumental successes or monumental failures.KEEN Women's W6 Brown Leather Mary Janes size 6 Buckle 36 UKBrighton Meme Pewter Croc Print Leather Buckle Studded Slide Mule Womens 6.5 M For a company this can spell financial ruin, while for the Army, it can spell disaster and the loss of Soldiers’ lives and national treasure. Yet, we must also choose a “way ahead” – often by considering “boundaries” – in a sense the left and right limits – of potential implications.
Second, our ability to predict when technology will become available is often in error nor can we accurately determine its implications. For example, in a New York Times editorial on December 8, 1903, it noted: “A man carrying airplane will eventually be built, Womens Casual Hollow Out Flat Soft Knit Net Low Prevent Slipper ShoesIKRUSH Womens Lillie Floral Bow Flat Sandalbut only if mathematicians and engineers work steadily for the next ten million years.”5 The Wright Brothers first flight took place the following week, but it took decades for commercial and military aviation to evolve.
Each of the services has faced force modernization challenges due to the adoption of technologies that weren’t mature enough; whose capabilities were over-promised; or did not support operations in the envisioned Operational Environment. For the U.S. Army, Future Combat Systems (FCS) was the most obvious and recent example of this challenge – costing billions of dollars and, just as importantly, lost time and confidence.Womens Ladies Slip On Leather Comfort Work Summer Casual Loafers Shoes Sizes 3-8Pointy Bowknot Pearl Flats Sweet Patent Leather Purple Comfort Women Shoes Plus
Third, in terms of future technology, predictions vary widely. For example, predictions by MIT’s Rodney Brooks and futurist/inventor Ray Kurzweil vary widely to the question – “What year do you think human-level Artificial Intelligence [AI, i.e., a true thinking machine] might be achieved with a 50% probability?” Kurzweil predicts AI (as defined) will be available in 2029, while Brooks is a bit more conservative – the year 2200 – a difference of over 170 years.Women's High-top Heels Platform Casual Leather Sneakers Shoes Tound Toe 1Women Leather Slip On Flats Low Wedges Heel Pumps Loafers Work Nurse Comfy Shoes
While one can understand the difficulty of predicting when “general AI” will be available, other technologies offer similar difficulties. The vision of the “self-driving” autonomous vehicle was first written about and experimented with in the 1920s, yet technological limitations, legal concerns, customer fears, and other barriers make implementing this capability challenging.
Lastly, as Rodney Brooks has highlighted, Women's Ladies Flat Diamante Bridal Wedding Sandals Peep Toe Party Shoes Size maintains:
“we tend to overestimate the effect of a technology in the short run and underestimate the effect in the long run.”Womens Ladies Fluffy Sliders Sandals Diamante Summer Furry Slides Mules Size UK
SECOND, THIRD ORDER AND EVIL EFFECTS
– intentionally focus on the positive effects of adopting a technology;
– ignore the experts and those who identify the potential downside of technology; and
– fail to think thorough the short, long, and potentially dangerous effects or dependencies – imaginatively.
We do this because we are human, and more often because we fall into the confirmation bias or other cognitive thinking traps that might affect our program or pet technology. As noted by RAND in Truth Decay:Olukai Womens Sz 6.5 Pueo Leather Flat AMPUTEE Right Shoe OnlyWomen SKECHERS RELAXED FIT Navy & Black Fabric MaryJane Shoes--Sz 6.5--NWOB
“Cognitive biases and the ways in which human beings process information and make decisions cause people to look for information, opinion, and analyses that confirm preexisting beliefs, to weigh experience more heavily than data and facts, and then to rely on mental shortcuts and the beliefs of those in the same social networks when forming opinions and making decisions.”9
Yet, the warning signs or signals for many unanticipated effects can be found simply by conducting a literature review of government, think tank, academic, and popular reports (to perhaps include science fiction). This may deter some, given the sheer volume of literature is often overwhelming, but contained within these reports are many of the challenges associated with future technology, such as: the potential for deep fakes, loss of privacy, hacking,Bandolino Womens Blondelle Almond Toe Flower Accent Espadrilles Shoes BHFO 0537Womens Ladies Low Heel Wedge Fleece Stretch Knee Boots Comfort Warm Winter Size accidents, deception, and loss of industries/jobs.
At the national level, both the current and previous administrations published reports on AI, as has the Department of Defense – some more balanced in addressing of issues of fairness, safety, governance, and ethics.10
For example, using photo recognition to help law enforcement and others seems like a great idea, yet its use is increasingly being questioned. This past May, San Francisco became the first city to ban its use, and others may follow suit.11 While some question this decision to ban vice impose a moratorium until the technology produces less errors, the question remains – did the developers and policy makers consider if there would be push back to its introduction given its current performance?Pierre Dumas womens gold platinum rhinestone & glitter ballet flat dress shoesDANSKO 37 Brown Distressed Leather Classic Occupational Comfort Clogs - 6.5 7 What sources did they consult?
Another challenge is language. You’ve seen the commercials – “there is much we can do with AI” – in farming, business, and even beer making. While “AI” is a clever tag line, it may invoke unnecessary fear and misunderstanding. For example, I believe for most people equate “robotics” and “AI” with the “Terminator” franchise, raising the fear of uncontrolled autonomous military force overwhelming humanity. Even worse – under the moniker of “AI,” we will buy into “snake-oil” propositions.
We are at least decades away from “general AI” where a “system exhibits apparently intelligence behavior at least as advanced as a person” across the “full range of cognitive tasks,” but we continue to flaunt the use of “AI” without elaboration.Lauren Ralph Lauren Tatum Womens Black Pumps Heels Shoes Sz. 6.5 BMerrell Angelic Slip On Black Women’s Size 8.5 Leather
SOME ACTIONS TO TAKE
Embrace a learning organization. Popularized by Peter Senge’s The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization (1990), a learning organization is a place “where people continually expand their capacity to create the results they truly desire, where new and expansive patterns of thinking are nurtured, where collective aspiration is set free, and where people are continually learning how to learn together.”COMFORTABLE L.K. BENNETT BLACK GENUINE LEATHER SIZE 7 / 37.5 While some question whether we can truly make a learning organization, Senge’s thinking may help solve our problem of identifying 2nd/3rd order and evil effects.
First, we must embrace new and expansive patterns of thinking. Force developers use the acronym – “DOTMPLF-P” as shorthand for Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Personnel, Leadership, Facilities, and Policy implications – yet other factors might be as important.
For example, trust in automated or robotics systems must be instilled and measured. In one poll, 73% of respondents noted they would be afraid of riding in a fully autonomous vehicle – up 10% points from the previous year.14 What if we develop a military autonomous vehicle or a leader-follower system and one or more of our host nation allies prohibits its use? What happens if an accident occurs and the host population protests, Bailarinas CAMILIA Silver Leather Ballerina Shoes - NEW W/DEFECTLight Blue Comfortview Suede Look slip- ons Size 10 WW NWOTarguing that the Americans don’t care for their safety?
Technologists and concept developers must move from being stove-piped in labs and single-focused to consider the broader view of technological implications across functions.
Embrace Humility. Given that we cannot predict the future and its potential consequences, developers must seek out diversified opinions, and more importantly, recognize divergent opinions.
Embrace the Data. In New York City during World War II, a small organization of some of the most brilliant minds in America worked in the office of the “Applied Mathematics Panel.” In Europe, the 8th U.S. Air Force suffered from devastating bomber losses. New Womens Leopard Flats Oxfords Slip On Loafers Pointed Toe Pumps Shoes FashionLucky Brand Womens Emmie Blue Ballet Flats Shoes 7.5 Medium (B,M) BHFO 7744Leaders wondered where best to reinforce the bombers with additional armor without significantly increasing their weight to improve survivability. Reports indicated returning bombers suffered gunfire hits over the wings and fuselage, but not in the tail or cockpits, so to the casual observer it made sense to reinforce the wings and fuselage where the damage was clearly visible.
Abraham Wald, a mathematician, worked on the problem. He noted that reinforcing the spots where damage was evident in returning aircraft wasn’t necessarily the best course of action, given that hits to the cockpit and tail were probably causing aircraft (and aircrew) losses during the mission. In a series of memorandums, he developed a “method of estimating plane vulnerability based on damage of survivors.” As Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes noted more than 100 years ago, “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”DOLCE BY MOJO MOXY BUTTERCUP YELLOW FLATS - NWOB -SIZE 8.5 - CUTE SHOES! NEW!!Lucky Brand Emmie Flats Size 12 W Black
Additionally, we need to reinforce our practice of performing quality literature reviews to aid in our identification of these issues.
Employ Skepticism and a Devil’s Advocate Approach. In 1587, the Roman Catholic Church created the position of Promoter of the Faith – commonly referred to as the Devil’s Advocate. To insure a candidate for sainthood met the qualification of being canonized, the role of the Devil’s Advocate was to be the skeptic (loyal to the institution), looking for reasons why not to canonize the individual. Similarly, Leaders must embrace the concept of employing a devil’s advocate approach to identifying 2nd/3rd order and evil effects of technology – if not designating a devil’s advocate with the right expertise to identify assumptions, risks, and effects. But creating any devil’s advocate or “risk identification” positions is only useful if their input is seriously considered.
Embrace the Suck. Lastly, if we are serious in identifying the 2nd/3rd order and evil effects, Nine West Women's Size 6.5 Leopard Cheetah Animal Print FlatsTalbots NIB Orange Ginger Croc Leather Loafers Flats Slip on Shoes Size 9 Mto include identifying new dependencies, ethical issues, or other issues which challenge the adaption or development of a new technology or policy – then we must be honest, resilient, and tough. There will be setbacks, delays, and frustration.
Technology holds the power to improve and change our personal and professional lives. For the military, technology changes the ways wars are fought (i.e., the character of war), but it may also change the nature of war by potentially reducing the “human dimension” in war. If robotics, AI, and other technological developments eliminate “danger, physical exertion, intelligence and friction,”17 is war easier to wage? Will technology increase its potential frequency? Will technology create a further separation between the military and the population by decreasing the number of personnel needed? These may be some of the 2nd/3rd order and “evil” effects we need to consider.
If you enjoyed this post, please see Dr. Marsella’s previous post “Second/Third Order, and Evil Effects” – The Dark Side of Technology (Anne Klein Yellow AK Yetta 3 Driving Moc Loafers Size-7.5M)
… as well as the following posts:Anne Klein iflex Women's Slip On Leather Buckle Flats Shoes Sz.10MMERRELL Encore Eclipse- Smooth Bug Brown Clogs Shoes Size 9 M
– Crocs Women's Size 6 Brown/Tan Slip On Ballet Flats~~VERY CLEAN, by Dr. Nir Buras