- VANELi Womens Kezia Pointed Toe Knee High Fashion Boots Blackecco nap Size 8.5
- Flamingos Ankle boot sz 38.5 (8.5) military
- PRADA mens suede made in italy size 8 1/2 shoes
- Fred Perry Red Vintage Tennis Canvas Trainer Unisex Sneakers US 11
- Sperry STS14747 Gold Ultralite 2-Eye Grey Men's Boat Shoes Size 8 US NEW IN BOX
- Puma Men's Lyra Black-Gray-Violet Outdoor Sandals - 8 UK/9 US (42 EU) (19105703)
- Nine West 25026727 Womens Rownda Leather Mule- Choose SZ/Color.
- DC MEN'S COUNCIL TX RED MEN SHOES SIZE 11 & 11.5
- PUMA Mens 35436717 White-white Fashion Sneaker Size 10 (7647)
- Mens Vasque Hiking Boots Size 9 M US Gore-Tex Brown Leather Waterproof
- BOTTES LEMIGO WORKER 899 Résistante - lègère - semelle anti-perforation
- Dakota 6'' Quad Comfort Men's Brown Steel Toe/Plate Work Boot 9M
- Mens Pointy toe Chunky Cowboy Combat Ridding Zip Mid Calf Knight Boots Shoes NEW
- Ozark Trail Men's 3M Thinsulate Realtree Camo Winter Boots Flex Comfort Size 7
- Ridge Footwear 0605 - Size 6 Color Black NO BOX
- Skechers for Work Mens Soft Stride Gilbe Slip Resistant Boot- Pick SZ/Color.
- Men's/Women's Free shipping ADIDAS Y-3 PURE BOOST ZG men size 9.5 Easy to clean surface Quality First List of explosions
- Christian Louboutin Floral Unknown Platforms Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
- Adidas Stan Smith White And Collegiated Red Mens Size 12 M20326
- Sugar Online Shop | Rakuten Global Market: Minnetonka MINNETONKA studded moccasins STUDDED MOC suede スタデッド women's suede
- Rebecca Minkoff Black Boots/Booties Size US 5.5 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Dunk Mid Pro Sb Fender Bass Sz. 9.5
- NIB MENS SIZE 7.5 NIKE AIR MAX SEQUENT RUNNING SNEAKERS BLACK 719912-009
- Adidas Superstar Women's Shoes Retro Classic Women's Sneakers Foundation Samba
- NIKE W AIR HUARACHE RUN ULTRA 819151 102 TRIPLE ALL WHITE/BLACK - MESH
- Nike Womens Tanjun Racer Running Shoe Cool Grey/Sail-Black 8.5
- Anne Klein Lanette Gray Womens Shoes Size 6.5 M Boots MSRP $120
- Nike PG 2 Size 12.5 All White Never Worn
- Nike KD 8 VIII EXT Floral, Mother's Day Kevin Durant SZ 11 Black Red 806393-004
- Womens Earthies Del Rey 228547 black leather ankle boots sz. 9
- New in Box - $368 FRYE Dara Sand Suede Leather Harness Bootie Size 6.5
- Walking Cradles Women's Devin Ankle Boot, Black Distressed, 9.5 M US
- Women's Easy Street Midge Comfort Casual Slip On Black Size 7.5 #NK7EM-M449
- Earth Pax - Women's Lightweight Breathable Leathe Blush - 5.5 Medium
- Gentlemen/Ladies Taryn Rose Collection Paola Sz 9 High quality and cheap Sufficient supply As of the latest model
- Tory Burch Mayada jeweled smoking slipper Bronze Metallic sz 7.0 $295 EUC
- NEW Vince Corbin Sneaker Aubergine Purple Slip On Fashion BTS Sz 6 with Box
- PUMA Cross Trainers Sneakers Shoes Art No. 348450 08 Womens sz 9 Purple Yellow
- Salomon Women's XR Mission Trail Running Shoe 8 BM US, Magnent/Black/Purple
- Sam Edelman Hazel Pointed Toe Stiletto Heel Pump Deep Forest Suede Leather
- Ecco Womens Black Leather Slip On Buckle Shoes Sz 37 US 7
- Merrell Encore Breeze 3 Slip On Shoes - Women's Size 9 - Aluminum
- S-2158217 New Balenciaga Arena Brown Hi-Top Sneakers Shoe Size US 6D Marked 39E
- V 1969 Italia Mens Loafer Dark Red ADAM
- Converse All Stars Fashion Sneaker Shoes Canvas Gray US men 9 W 11
- PUMA Suede Classic Casual Emboss Trainers INDIGO BLUE eur 46 US 12
- DC Shoes Men's Crisis High Top Shoes ADYS100032 Size 10 Black /Blue/ NEW
- NEW Womens SODA LODE BROWN Knee High Riding Dress Boots Shoes SZ 8.5
- Man's/Woman's Women’s boots. Size 8 1/2 M Many varieties Elegant style Very good classification
- Seychelles Serpentine Leather Black NEW Sz 6.5
- FRYE Pia Short Womens Size 7.5 Black Chelsea Boot 6.5 XB-9
- Twiggy London "TAN" Suede Stud Tall Boots Western Boho Festival Size 7.5
- Gentlemen/Ladies Adidas Crazylight Boost Men's Shoes Size Every item described is available New style Elegant and stable packaging
- P-412223 New Salvatone Ferragamo Douglas 3 Black Backless Slip-on Shoes US 9.5
- Alden Plain Toe Shoes Code Van 99026Cmus8Brw Leather (22162
- Men's Sandals Beach Slip On Leather Shoes Summer Casual Slippers New Shoes Hot
- Tory Burch Beige Gold Ribbon Accent Flats - Size 9M
- Adidas RESP Cushion 20w G45537 Size 6 Woman
- Men Ankle Boots winter Warm Fur snow work casual outdoor athletic hiking Shoe X
- Nunn Bush NXXT Men's 8.5M Black Leather Ankle Boots Elasticized Pull On
- Mens Casual Leisure Ankle Boots Block Heel Pointed Toe military Motor Shoes New
- Christian Louboutin Olive / Black Platforms Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin White New Pik Boat Slip On Flats Sneakers Sneakers Size EU 37.5 (Approx. US 7.5) Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Vanille (Light Yellow) Pigalle Follies 100 Patent Leather Heel Pumps Size EU 36.5 (Approx. US 6.5) Regular (M, B)
- MEN'S DAN POST BOOTS WESTERN BROWN LEATHER SIZE 8.5 D(406)
- Territory Mens Dixon Faux Suede Chelsea Boots New
- 9.5 D ACME Cowboy boots western leather dress pointy toe nt tony lama
- New Superga 2750 Cotu Classic Shoes White Black Canvas Sneakers Men All Sizes
- Hugo Boss Shoe Authentic classy dress loafer retro comfy and unique best offer
- Hugo Boss Men 13 US 12 EU Light Ness Sneaker FIFA World Cup USA 50261722
- ADIDAS Z Flux Black Tennis Shoes Trainers Sports Running Gym Sneakers Mens 10.5
- Kyrie 3 Ivory 852395-101 Size 10.5
- Nike Air Alpha Force II 2 Black/Varsity Red-Anthracite-Mango 307718-061 SZ 8.5
- Adidas Originals Rita Ora Women's ZX Flux Shoes Size 10 us B72683
- Puma Basket Platform Creeper Metallic - Red - Womens
- Onemix Women's Classic Running Shoes Gym Trainers Original Reflective Sneakers
- Womens Ankle Boots Pull On Patent Leather Block Pointed Toe Stretchy Shoes New
- Nike Mens Air Zoom Ultra Tennis Shoes Size 9 Teal 845007-003
- NEW Nike Air Max Tavas 705149-022 Mens Shoes Trainers Sneakers SALE
- Men/Women Black La Canadienne Ankle Boots 10 Excellent value Environmentally friendly Lightweight shoes
- US Womens Ankle Boots Platform High Heel Leather Colorful Shoes Sandals
- Ted Baker Women's Ninof Gladiator-Style Dress Sand - Choose SZ/color
- New LifeStride Womens Flats Size 7.5 (C,D,W)
- Lucky Brand Womens Moccasins Abelle Brown Suede Boat Aztec Woven Driving Loafers
- Womens Bowknot Bees Pearls Embroidery Slip On Loafers Flats Shoes Cow Leather wi
- Rag & Bone Kent Dune Suede Platform Espadrilles Sneakers sz: 38 US 8 - $350
- Valentino Dark Grey Slip On Shoes Size: 40 / US Size: 7
- NEW!! Adidas Originals Stan Smith Women Casual Shoes Floral BB5157, US Women's 8
- Gentlemen/Ladies OluKai Women's Ohana Flip Flop Paradise/Black Great variety Used in durability Easy life
- Nike Air Jordan 13 Retro Women Lifestyle Shoes AQ1757-004
- adidas Women's Ultraboost w Running-Shoes, Aero Blue s, Aero Blue s, Noble s, 8
- New Converse Womens Plaid Gray Chuck Taylor All Star Low Canvas Shoes Size Sz 7
- COMMON PROJECTS Original Achilles Low Green Size US 7/7.5 *
- Dockers proStyle Shoes Mens sz 8m Brown Leather Slip On Casual Loafers
- crocs Mens Santa Cruz Clean Cut Slip-On Loafer- Pick SZ/Color.
- Thorogood 299 10" Waterproof 1000 gram Insulated Steel Toe EH Certified Sz 13
- TO BOOT NEW YORK MEN'S EVAN TAUPE OXFORD (SIZE 8) (RETAIL $195) (MADE IN ITALY)
- VTG WOMENS JUSTIN SQUARE TOE COWBOY LEATHER BROWN BOOTS SIZE 7.5 B
- new ladies Black 1.5"Hidden Wedge Round Toe Bow Sexy Knee Boots Size 6.5
- UNISA bottines modèle NENET talons 8 cm tout cuir noir 39 TRES BON ETAT
- Ivanka Trump Black Suede Open Toe Ankle Booties Women's Size 8 M*
- Columbia 1553921 Womens Sierra Summette Shorty Snow BootB- Choose SZ/Color.
- Mens Mixed color Pointed toe Casual business Soft leather Flat Shoes Pull On New
- Man/Woman nike sb mia wholesale The highest quality material Elegant and robust menu
- Men's John Fluevog Swirl Angels Original Leather Black Shoes Sz 9 US
- Mens Gladiator Flip Flops Leather Roman Shoes Punk Rivet Beach Sandals Casual D1
- Tory Burch Reva Ballet Flats Dark Chocolate Brown Gold Logo 5 M
- Christian Louboutin Red Very Prive - Oxblood Glitter Pumps Size EU 40 (Approx. US 10) Regular (M, B)
- Versace Black New Patent Leather Plexi Platform Cage - Boots/Booties Size US 11
- Prada Black and Brown Extremely Soft Italian Leather Sneakers Size US 6
- NIKE Air Jordan 2 Retro “WHITE VARSITY RED” Women's 8/Kid's 6
- Sperry Top-Sider Clipper Cvo Men's Navy Sneaker 7M
- Men's Winter Boots Leather 6" Insulated Waterproof Hiking Snow Shoes Size:6-13
- Tony Lama Brown Leather Pointed Toe Cowboy Boots Mens Size 10 EE Style 6136 USA
- XPETI Women's Dimo Mid Waterproof Hiking Trekking Outdoor Boot Coffee 8 Camping
- Merrell Select Dry Hiking Boots Kids Size 7
- John Deere Toddler Boys' Rubber Outsole Western Boot - Round Toe - JD1031
- Nautilus Shoes Sz 11 Composite Toe EH Waterproof Athletic Mens Gray Yellow
- Vans Sk8-HI Palm Leaf Sneakers green 3595876105 - mens US10.5
- Invicta 23084 Mens S1 Rally Quartz Stainless Steel Casual Watch,
- stella mccartney adidas shoes 9.5
- Nike Air Jordan 12 Low
- Nike Air Windrunner Tr Mens Running Trainers 317754 Sneakers Shoes 200
- Adidas Original Trainers Pw Tennis Hu W B41884 Light Blue
- Nike Air Max Thea Womens 8 Shoes Rose New Sneakers 599409-612 MSRP $95.00
- PUMA Basket Heart Night Sky Women's Black/Black 36410801
- BCBG Paris Peep Toe Ankle Boot Size 7.5
- Nike MD Runner 2 Mid PREM Wheat Sail Black Sz 9 NIB 844864-700
- $120 Nike Air Zoom Elite 9 Running Shoes Men’s Size 12 Blue Solar Red 863769-403
- NEW IN BOX $575 NIB PILAR ABRIL AMAZING BLACK LEATHER BOOTS SZ 41/11
- ZARA NEW HIGH HEEL LEATHER ANKLE BOOTS WITH METALLIC TOE BACK 36-41 5117/101
- RARE LUCCHESE Distressed BROWN & Dark TURQUOISE LEATHER Pheonix Bird BOOTS 7 B
- Women's Sanita Danish Clogs Professional Cabrio Brush Off Leather Brown Size 9M
- Hot Women's Round Toe Mesh Breathable High Platform Creeper Shoes Casual Slip On
- Circa Joan & David Lucia Slip-On Loafers, Natural Leather, 9.5 US
- Vince Camuto Black Tamma Studded Cutout & Scalloped Pointed Toe Ballet Flats 6.5
[Editor’s Note: In Part I of this series, Dr. Nick Marsella addressed the duty we have to examine our assumptions about emergent warfighting technologies / capabilities and their associated implications to identify potential second / third order and “evil” effects. Donald J Pliner Men's Nicola-ma Penny Loafer - Choose SZ/ColorFrye 86975 FRYE Mens Chris Venetian Loafer- Choose SZ/Color. In today’s post, he prescribes five actions we can embrace both individually and as organizations to avoid confirmation bias and falling into cognitive thinking traps when confronting the ramifications of emergent technologies — Enjoy!]
In part I of my blog post, I advised those advocating for the development and/or fielding of technology to be mindful of the second/third order and possible “evil” effects. I defined “evil” as an unexpected and profound negative implication(s) of the adoption/adaption of a technology and related policy. I also recommended heeding the admonition of Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, to take responsibility for our technological creations and have the courage to think things through their potential implications – both for the good and the bad.
But even if we as individuals are willing to challenge our assumptions and think broadly and imaginatively, we can still come up short. Why? The answer is due in part to the challenges of prediction and the fact we are human with both great cognitive abilities, but also weaknesses.
First, common sense and many theorists remind us that the future is unknowable.Magnanni Men's Caballero Fashion Sneaker, Navy, 11.5 M USGeox U44S7A022FUCF43E Mens Msandroabx1 Rain Shoe /- Choose SZ/Color.The futurist Arthur C. Clark noted in 1962, “It is impossible to predict the future, and all attempts to do in any detail appear ludicrous within a very few years.” Within this fixed condition of unknowing, the U.S. Departments of Defense and the Army must make choices to determine:
– what capabilities we desire and its related technology;
– where to invest in research and development; and
As Michael E. Raynor pointed out in his book, ECCO Men's Irving Slip-On Loafer - Choose SZ/Color, making choices and developing strategies, which include adopting new technology, where the future is unknowable and “deeply unpredictable” either produces monumental successes or monumental failures.Cole Haan C22661 Mens Vartan T Toe Sport Ox Fashion SneakerM- Choose SZ/Color.Man's/Woman's Geox Mens Slip-On Loafer- Pick SZ/Color. durable Has a long reputation a wide variety of goods For a company this can spell financial ruin, while for the Army, it can spell disaster and the loss of Soldiers’ lives and national treasure. Yet, we must also choose a “way ahead” – often by considering “boundaries” – in a sense the left and right limits – of potential implications.
Second, our ability to predict when technology will become available is often in error nor can we accurately determine its implications. For example, in a New York Times editorial on December 8, 1903, it noted: “A man carrying airplane will eventually be built, Bullied Publishing Bulova Womens Pemberton Analog Display Swiss Quartz SilverJosef Seibel 48553-705314 Mens EliasOxford -- Choose SZ/Color.but only if mathematicians and engineers work steadily for the next ten million years.”5 The Wright Brothers first flight took place the following week, but it took decades for commercial and military aviation to evolve.
Each of the services has faced force modernization challenges due to the adoption of technologies that weren’t mature enough; whose capabilities were over-promised; or did not support operations in the envisioned Operational Environment. For the U.S. Army, Future Combat Systems (FCS) was the most obvious and recent example of this challenge – costing billions of dollars and, just as importantly, lost time and confidence.Mark Nason Los Angeles Men's Hines Fashion Boot - Choose SZ/ColorInvicta 22987 Mens Aviator Quartz Stainless Steel and Leather Casual Watch,
Third, in terms of future technology, predictions vary widely. For example, predictions by MIT’s Rodney Brooks and futurist/inventor Ray Kurzweil vary widely to the question – “What year do you think human-level Artificial Intelligence [AI, i.e., a true thinking machine] might be achieved with a 50% probability?” Kurzweil predicts AI (as defined) will be available in 2029, while Brooks is a bit more conservative – the year 2200 – a difference of over 170 years.Rockport M78451 Mens Boat Builders Waterproof Moc Toe Boot M- Choose SZ/Color.Cavalli Class Men's Smooth Brown Suede Slip on Driving Loafers EU40/US7 RTL$595
While one can understand the difficulty of predicting when “general AI” will be available, other technologies offer similar difficulties. The vision of the “self-driving” autonomous vehicle was first written about and experimented with in the 1920s, yet technological limitations, legal concerns, customer fears, and other barriers make implementing this capability challenging.
Lastly, as Rodney Brooks has highlighted, Tissot Men's 'Tradition' Swiss Quartz Stainless Steel and Leather Dress... maintains:
“we tend to overestimate the effect of a technology in the short run and underestimate the effect in the long run.”FRYE 81516 Mens Brett Low Walking Shoe, Cognac, 9.5 D US
SECOND, THIRD ORDER AND EVIL EFFECTS
– intentionally focus on the positive effects of adopting a technology;
– ignore the experts and those who identify the potential downside of technology; and
– fail to think thorough the short, long, and potentially dangerous effects or dependencies – imaginatively.
We do this because we are human, and more often because we fall into the confirmation bias or other cognitive thinking traps that might affect our program or pet technology. As noted by RAND in Truth Decay:Men's/Women's Dunham Men's Winslow Oxford Crazy price, Birmingham Let our goods go to the world Caramel, gentleMen/Women Bed Stu Men's Benny Oxford Promotion Beautiful appearance British temperament
“Cognitive biases and the ways in which human beings process information and make decisions cause people to look for information, opinion, and analyses that confirm preexisting beliefs, to weigh experience more heavily than data and facts, and then to rely on mental shortcuts and the beliefs of those in the same social networks when forming opinions and making decisions.”9
Yet, the warning signs or signals for many unanticipated effects can be found simply by conducting a literature review of government, think tank, academic, and popular reports (to perhaps include science fiction). This may deter some, given the sheer volume of literature is often overwhelming, but contained within these reports are many of the challenges associated with future technology, such as: the potential for deep fakes, loss of privacy, hacking,Man/Woman NIKE SF Air Force 1 Modern technology Beautiful appearance Preferred boutiqueJSDUN Men's Big face Waterproof Auto Mechanical Tungsten Steel Business... accidents, deception, and loss of industries/jobs.
At the national level, both the current and previous administrations published reports on AI, as has the Department of Defense – some more balanced in addressing of issues of fairness, safety, governance, and ethics.10
For example, using photo recognition to help law enforcement and others seems like a great idea, yet its use is increasingly being questioned. This past May, San Francisco became the first city to ban its use, and others may follow suit.11 While some question this decision to ban vice impose a moratorium until the technology produces less errors, the question remains – did the developers and policy makers consider if there would be push back to its introduction given its current performance?Kenneth Cole Men's Chief Council Fashion Black Oxfords ShoesMen/Women Skagen Ancher Stainless Steel Watch Louis, elaborate special promotion Suitable for color What sources did they consult?
Another challenge is language. You’ve seen the commercials – “there is much we can do with AI” – in farming, business, and even beer making. While “AI” is a clever tag line, it may invoke unnecessary fear and misunderstanding. For example, I believe for most people equate “robotics” and “AI” with the “Terminator” franchise, raising the fear of uncontrolled autonomous military force overwhelming humanity. Even worse – under the moniker of “AI,” we will buy into “snake-oil” propositions.
We are at least decades away from “general AI” where a “system exhibits apparently intelligence behavior at least as advanced as a person” across the “full range of cognitive tasks,” but we continue to flaunt the use of “AI” without elaboration.Ray Winton Men's Chronograph White Dial Polished Stainless Steel Case Brown...NEW AUSTEN HELLER MENS RIPLEYS - GREY SUEDE
SOME ACTIONS TO TAKE
Embrace a learning organization. Popularized by Peter Senge’s The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization (1990), a learning organization is a place “where people continually expand their capacity to create the results they truly desire, where new and expansive patterns of thinking are nurtured, where collective aspiration is set free, and where people are continually learning how to learn together.”FINN COMFORT, MENS 8 1/2 US (8 UK),"HANNOVER" leather,health shoe,S-M-06 NEW While some question whether we can truly make a learning organization, Senge’s thinking may help solve our problem of identifying 2nd/3rd order and evil effects.
First, we must embrace new and expansive patterns of thinking. Force developers use the acronym – “DOTMPLF-P” as shorthand for Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Personnel, Leadership, Facilities, and Policy implications – yet other factors might be as important.
For example, trust in automated or robotics systems must be instilled and measured. In one poll, 73% of respondents noted they would be afraid of riding in a fully autonomous vehicle – up 10% points from the previous year.14 What if we develop a military autonomous vehicle or a leader-follower system and one or more of our host nation allies prohibits its use? What happens if an accident occurs and the host population protests, 550$ Bally Pearce Red Perforated Leather Driver Size US 9.5 Made in ItalyNEW $410 DOLCE & GABBANA Shoes Blue Denim Logo Loafers Espadrilles EU44 / US11arguing that the Americans don’t care for their safety?
Technologists and concept developers must move from being stove-piped in labs and single-focused to consider the broader view of technological implications across functions.
Embrace Humility. Given that we cannot predict the future and its potential consequences, developers must seek out diversified opinions, and more importantly, recognize divergent opinions.
Embrace the Data. In New York City during World War II, a small organization of some of the most brilliant minds in America worked in the office of the “Applied Mathematics Panel.” In Europe, the 8th U.S. Air Force suffered from devastating bomber losses. NWT: Salvatore Ferragamo Lorien Loafer Rosso red Driver Leather Suede Size 7 MMen's Dress Shoes Formal Casual Slip-On Wedding Party Loafers Sedagatti SED4012Leaders wondered where best to reinforce the bombers with additional armor without significantly increasing their weight to improve survivability. Reports indicated returning bombers suffered gunfire hits over the wings and fuselage, but not in the tail or cockpits, so to the casual observer it made sense to reinforce the wings and fuselage where the damage was clearly visible.
Abraham Wald, a mathematician, worked on the problem. He noted that reinforcing the spots where damage was evident in returning aircraft wasn’t necessarily the best course of action, given that hits to the cockpit and tail were probably causing aircraft (and aircrew) losses during the mission. In a series of memorandums, he developed a “method of estimating plane vulnerability based on damage of survivors.” As Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes noted more than 100 years ago, “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”HOGAN MEN'S LEATHER LOAFERS MOCCASINS NEW BLACK EFFBally Mens Moccasin Driver Shoes, NIB, Size 9.5D (43), Black Leather, $400 value
Additionally, we need to reinforce our practice of performing quality literature reviews to aid in our identification of these issues.
Employ Skepticism and a Devil’s Advocate Approach. In 1587, the Roman Catholic Church created the position of Promoter of the Faith – commonly referred to as the Devil’s Advocate. To insure a candidate for sainthood met the qualification of being canonized, the role of the Devil’s Advocate was to be the skeptic (loyal to the institution), looking for reasons why not to canonize the individual. Similarly, Leaders must embrace the concept of employing a devil’s advocate approach to identifying 2nd/3rd order and evil effects of technology – if not designating a devil’s advocate with the right expertise to identify assumptions, risks, and effects. But creating any devil’s advocate or “risk identification” positions is only useful if their input is seriously considered.
Embrace the Suck. Lastly, if we are serious in identifying the 2nd/3rd order and evil effects, Nike AIR JORDAN XIII 13 Shoes Retro 2010 Cherry Red White Black Size 13Calvin Klein Collection Calf Leather Strap Sneakers Size US 11 Blackto include identifying new dependencies, ethical issues, or other issues which challenge the adaption or development of a new technology or policy – then we must be honest, resilient, and tough. There will be setbacks, delays, and frustration.
Technology holds the power to improve and change our personal and professional lives. For the military, technology changes the ways wars are fought (i.e., the character of war), but it may also change the nature of war by potentially reducing the “human dimension” in war. If robotics, AI, and other technological developments eliminate “danger, physical exertion, intelligence and friction,”17 is war easier to wage? Will technology increase its potential frequency? Will technology create a further separation between the military and the population by decreasing the number of personnel needed? These may be some of the 2nd/3rd order and “evil” effects we need to consider.
If you enjoyed this post, please see Dr. Marsella’s previous post “Second/Third Order, and Evil Effects” – The Dark Side of Technology (Men Hugo Boss Shoes Saturn_Lowp_act Sneakers Orange Size 11)
… as well as the following posts:Tod's men's slip-on sneakers trainers shoes in black leather Size US 11 -4US Cesare Paciotti Black Suede Sneaker NNGU4 - New in Box
– Ted Baker Men's Miicke 5 Loafer Dark Tan Size 11.0, by Dr. Nir Buras