- American Rag Womens Lorah Closed Toe Knee High Fashion Chocolate Size 9.5 SZP2
- Mr/Ms adidas Forum Low Refined Clearance price fashionable value
- CK Jeans CALICO COW SUEDE Mens Calico Cow Suede Slip-On Loafer
- Dirk Bikkembergs Mens Shoes Sneakers High Trainers Plus MID BKE106905
- Men's/Women's Reef Voyage (Black) Men's Sandals durable Lush design Rich on-time delivery
- NEW JCREW KIKI BALLET FLATS IN PAINTED PANSY F8149 10 WARM MULTI $168 SOLDOUT!
- Nike Air Max Charcoal Gray Red Low Basketball Shoes Men's US 12M
- Skechers Men Equalizer 2.0 On Track Gray Black Athletic Shoes Size 10 M Sneakers
- Men's Russell Park Zip Low Calf 10.5 US Black Shoes Fast Shipping Savage Nero
- 1960s Military US Army Combat Jungle Black Leather Green Canvas Boots Size 9D
- New Rocky Mens Rks032611.5W Brown Hiking Boots Size 11.5 (E, W)
- Dr. Martens Brown Leather High Top Boots 3 eyelit MADE IN ENGLAND Mens US 12
- MENS SKECHERS MEMORY FOAM DARK BROWN ANKLE BOOTS "LUTADOR"/64220
- Skechers Men's Afterburn M. Fit Stike on - Choose SZ/color
- Original New Arrival Authentic Adidas Clover Superstar Gold Label Men and Women
- Christian Dior Monsieur Brown Leather Mens Oxford 10 Wingtip EUC
- ADIDAS SPEED TRAINER 3.0 shoes for men, Style B54124, NEW, US size 10
- Salvatore Ferragamo Black New Vara Leather B Pumps Size US 8 Regular (M, B)
- Valentino Blue Hawaiian Couture Sneaker Multicoloured Boots/Booties Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)
- Miu Miu Black Glitter and Suede Jeweled Heel Sandals Size EU 35.5 (Approx. US 5.5) Regular (M, B)
- Lebron 11 Black History Month GS Size 6.5 Nike
- NIKE SB Zoom BLAZER MID Canvas White / Black - Gum Light Brown 902662-149
- Women's Adidas PureBOOST X Shoes Ultra Red Size 9.5 AQ3399 Training Shoe Running
- Nike Air Presto Flyknit Ultra Royal Blue Volt Women's Sz 6 Running Trainers NEW!
- Converse Lux Mid Hidden Wedge Dahlia (red)/ Black/ and Egret Women Size 6
- Franco Sarto Women's Abbott Ankle Boot, Black
- Nike Dunk Low Pro Team Red sz 9 Men DS 624044-613 Burgundy Maroon 2003
- Nike Kobe Bryant XI TB Promo Game Royal Blue (856485-441) Mens Sz 16
- Franco Sarto Women's Brindley Wide Calf Boot, Dark Burgundy
- Dolce Vita Women's NEELY1 Fashion Boot - Choose SZ/Color
- ANTONIO MELANI Womens Sz 8M Silver Metallic Leather Flats Slip On Ballet
- Rieker Susan Anti-Stress Brown Perf Comfort Sandals Flats Womens (US 5.5)
- Hush Puppies Women's Basel Audra Slip-on Loafer, Black Leather/Suede, 7.5 M US
- Kenneth Cole New York Womens Annie Leather Closed Toe Oxfords
- NEW! AGL Ivory Perforated Leather Platform Oxford Loafer Wingtip Shoes 38.5, 8.5
- NIB FENDI Bugs Monster Face Espadrille Flat Slip On Shoe Multi Color 37.5 - 7.5
- NIKE AIR ZOOM WMNS MARIAH FKYKNIT RACER PRM (917658-400) SZ:WMNS 11 MNS.SZ 9.5
- PUMA Muse Satin EP Women's Peach Beige/White 36553401
- NIKE WOMEN'S AIR MAX 95 SZ: WMNS 6.5 (307960 111)
- NEW Trotters "Leana" Womens 8.5 Loafers Brown Leather Slip On Shoes
- Georgia GB00158 Blue Collar Womens Brown Composite Toe Waterproof 5" Work Boots
- men's shoes DI MELLA 11 () loafers brown shiny leather BZ29-E
- **Dr. Scholl's Bounce Slip On Shoes - Men's Size 10M - Brown
- Men's Patent Leather Round Head Pointy toe Cuban Heel Pull On Dress Formal Shoes
- Punk Mens Studded Leather Flat Loafers Sneaker Rivet Spikes Casual Shoes Oxfords
- Black Monk Strap Men's Sz 8.5 All Leather Custom Shoes w/Buckle YALY Italy VGC
- NEW Womens RAMPAGE IMAGINER BLACK Knee High Heels Buckle Boots SZ 6
- BLACK OR RED PATENT LEATHER PUMPS SIZE 6-16 PRODUCER- POLAND
- French Sole fs/ny 7.5 - Very Good Condition
- Lauren by Ralph Lauren Mesa Wide Calf Riding Boots 445, Dark Brown/Dark Brown,
- Womens Bernardo Boots Felicity Cognac Brown Strappy Leather Ankle Booties 9.5
- Converse X John Varvatos Men Sz 12 Chuck Taylor Hi Top Mini Stud Black Leather
- New Balance Men's Shoes 511328 GreyｘMulticolor 26ｃｍ
- RED WING pics / specs coming soon
- NEW NIKE BENASSI JDI LTD SANDALS MENS SIZE 18 INTERCHANGEABLE COLORS AQ8614 101
- ECCO Womens 'Aimee' Moon Rock Leather Casual Slip On Shoes Sz 40 NEW! 229628
- Adidas Originals Samba 85 Superstar mens SZ 7 Black with white and blue detail
- Reebok Nanoweb Z Rated Mens Black Athletic Shoes Size 13 Men’s
- Cowboy Rodeo Nocona Western Boots Brown Leather Mens Sz 9 B Style
- Army Outdoor Military Tactical Ankle Boots Cordura Desert Combat Army Shoes hans
- New Rocky Mens Rks03228w BrownCamoflauge Hiking Boots Size 8 (E, W)
- Christian Louboutin Pink New M Suede Ron Ron Heels Pumps Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Casanovella Fringe Black Leather Stiletto Sandal 120mm 39.5 Pumps Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B)
- Christian Louboutin Black Gold Glitter Clear Pvc Debout Sirene Pumps Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Air Jordan Retro 4 Blue Mist
- JORDAN 3 WHITE VARSITY RED MIDNIGHT NAVY CEMENT GREY SHOES SNEAKERS SIZE 11 US
- Mens High Top Leather Pointy Toe Cuban Mid BLock Heel Formal Shoes Boots Sz
- Dr Martens Mens 11 US 10 EU Dark Brown Leather Javid Shoes
- Nike SB Zoom Stefan Janoski BLACK / PINK FOIL - WHITE 333824 060 DS SZ 11.5
- Filling Pieces black friday black python skin size 41 fits like size 9
- PUMA Eskiva New Women's High Boot, size 5/38. Leather/Suede.
- Nike Air Jordan Super.Fly 2017 River Rock/University Red Sz 11 New 921203 051
- Adidas Originals Arkyn W Boost Ladies Sneaker Shoes Blue DA9606 Gym Shoe New
- Nike Womens Roshe One KJCRD - 705217 800
- Nine West Cambridge Women's Black Boots 10.5M
- Sbicca Women's Sound Boot - Choose SZ/Color
- Nike Air Zoom Huarache 2K4 Mens Sneakers Size 9 Black & Maize (NWB Retail $150)
- 27 New Womens Adidas Pure Boost X Running Trainers Shoes AQ4596 Black/Silver 9.5
- Womens grace pointy Toe slim high Heels ankle short Boots Leather shoes OL New S
- womens knight buckle strap decor leather fur trim round toe mid calf snow boots
- Corral Black Floral Glitter Inlay Boots A3590
- LifeStride Women's Disco Flat - Choose SZ/Color
- Women's Chic Cow Leather Round Toe Pull on Embroidery Flat Shoes Walking Loafers
- Marc Joseph New York Grand St. Dress Loafers 008, Pewter Grainy, 6 US / 36 EU
- Luella Womens Leather Collection Ballerina Shoes Y3 / Women’s 5B Turquoise$399
- YSL SAINT LAURENT LOGO ESPADRILLE BLACK LEATHER SIZE 39
- 2018 WMNS Nike Air Presto SZ 10 Black White 878068-001
- ASICS - GEL-Zaraca 2-W Womens Gel-Zaraca 2 Running Shoe- Choose SZ/Color.
- New Balance Women's Shoes WVONGOSL Size 10US
- Mizuno Wave Prophecy 4 Women's Running Shoes White/Black/Deep Lavender US 6.5
- Skechers Womens Reggae Fest-Marlin-Fisherman Open Back Mule Relaxed Fit and a/C
- Travis Scott Helmut Lang Sneakers Size 10
- NEW Mens Lexani LMS004 Casual Fashion Shoes Sneakers Black/Silver/White Sz 9 M
- Vans Old Skool Lite Navy Stv Navy True White Men's Size 8.5
- STICO Mens YELLOW Non-Slip Safety Beach Slipper Sandal EVA Ceramic KOREA_Rc
- Vans Classic Black White Canvas Unisex Slip-on Trainers Shoes
- camilo-1 New Mid Calf Synthetic Buckle Zipper Women's Casual Boots Black 7.5-
- Twiggy Boots Size 9 M London Winter White Leather Slip Studded Western Ankle
- $159 BCBG BCBGeneration Women BG-Galaxi Monk Strap Ankle Boot Shoe, Onyx, US 9.5
- Penningtons Ladies Stylish Black Faux Leather 11W Boots Womens Wide Calf Boot
- Demonia Women's ASSAULT CHARADE CRAMPS CRYPTO FURY GLAM GOTHIKA Ankle Boots
- Mens 12 N Narrow Rockport Perth Brown Leather Boat Shoes Loafer Moccasins Casual
- Puma Suede Classic X Chain Black Gold White Men Casual Shoes Sneakers 367391-03
- Merrell Work Jungle Moc AC + Pro Slip On - Men's Size 11.5 - Black
- Skechers Mens Louden Sport Sandal, Olive, 14 D(M) US
- LA PINTA LP $129 Leather Laser Cut Out Perforated Bow Flats Shoes Size 39 US 8.5
- Converse RED RASPBERRY FOLD OVER Chuck Taylor HI TOPS Size 10 132447F
- Jil Sander Black/Grey Leather with Astrakhan Fur Trim Boots/Booties Size EU 38.5 (Approx. US 8.5) Regular (M, B)
- Ann Taylor Black Boots/Booties Size US 6.5 Narrow (Aa, N)
- Mystique Boutique Tan Jeweled Front Sandals Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
- NIKE Dream SHOX 367192-114 Basketball Shoes Men Size 16 blue /white
- Baskets toile FISH'N CHIPS taille 42 us 8.5
- Vintage TONY LAMA 5055 Brown Riding Cowboy Western Boots Size 8.5
- KEEN Brown Leather Chelsea Ankle Boots Men's 14
- Merrell Aspen GTX Hiking Trail Black Boots Vibram Gore Tex Mens Size 9
- Men Safety Shoes Breathable Steel Toe Caps Work Boots Protective Footwear
- Vintage US Army Issue Black Leather Combat Boots Dated 1984 Size 5W Made in USA
- Gentlemen/Ladies columbia boots men 13 Quality products a wide range of products Breathable shoes
- Nunn Bush Men's Bayside Lites Venetian Slip On Tan Leather Moc Toe Shoes
- DS COLE HAAN ZEROGRAND 2 LASER OXFORD IVORY LEATHER sz 7.5 C23811 wingtip
- Gentleman/Lady: Kyrie 1 All-star: Modern Techniques
- Nike Mens Ultra XT Casual Shoe 819671 002 Cool Grey
- CQ2527, adidas Shoes – I-5923 W pink/white/red, Women, 2018, Mesh
- Sample Women's Nike Flyknit 2 Lunar Epic 863780-300 Brand New
- PUMA Women's Fierce Slip-On Wn Sneaker, - Choose SZ/Color
- Womens Leather Over Knee High Boots Low Block Heel Winter Pull On Party Shoes SI
- Nike Jordan fly 89 black Mens Basketball Trainers
- Nike Manoa Leather Boots Boots Leather Shoes Black Mandara Hoodland 454350-003
- New Womens Square Toe High Block Over Knee Thigh Boots Stretchy Riding Long Boot
- Womens Occident Pointy Toe Stiletto High Heels Slim Hip Length Long Boots shoes
- LUCCHESE M4622.S54 Womens Sexy CAMEL CHEETAH Studded Boots Size 7.5B
- Minnetonka Hello Kitty Kilty Suede Women's Shoes Black 9M
- Women's Jambu Cheyenne - Powder Blue - Width: med - Flats
- Man/Woman NEW VERONIQUE BRANQUINHO WOMENS MULES Good design the most economical Selling new products
- NEW Stella Mccartney ITRAN BALLERINA by Adidas Shoes Flats US 6
- Versace 19.69 Abbigliamento Sportivo Srl Milano Italia Womens Ballerina GEMI01 C
[Editor’s Note: In Part I of this series, Dr. Nick Marsella addressed the duty we have to examine our assumptions about emergent warfighting technologies / capabilities and their associated implications to identify potential second / third order and “evil” effects. Fashion Mens Desert Boots Military Camouflage Army Combat Mid Calf Boots ShoesParweld Waterproof Panther S3 Steel Toe Cap Mens Black Safety Work Boots In today’s post, he prescribes five actions we can embrace both individually and as organizations to avoid confirmation bias and falling into cognitive thinking traps when confronting the ramifications of emergent technologies — Enjoy!]
In part I of my blog post, I advised those advocating for the development and/or fielding of technology to be mindful of the second/third order and possible “evil” effects. I defined “evil” as an unexpected and profound negative implication(s) of the adoption/adaption of a technology and related policy. I also recommended heeding the admonition of Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, to take responsibility for our technological creations and have the courage to think things through their potential implications – both for the good and the bad.
But even if we as individuals are willing to challenge our assumptions and think broadly and imaginatively, we can still come up short. Why? The answer is due in part to the challenges of prediction and the fact we are human with both great cognitive abilities, but also weaknesses.
First, common sense and many theorists remind us that the future is unknowable.LaCrosse Men's 8 Waterproof Rubber Boots NEW - Made in USA #GW544DR.MARTENS 8053 THE ORIGINAL BROWN OILED LEATHER OXFORDS SIZE 6 MADE IN ENGLANDThe futurist Arthur C. Clark noted in 1962, “It is impossible to predict the future, and all attempts to do in any detail appear ludicrous within a very few years.” Within this fixed condition of unknowing, the U.S. Departments of Defense and the Army must make choices to determine:
– what capabilities we desire and its related technology;
– where to invest in research and development; and
As Michael E. Raynor pointed out in his book, Men Steel Toe Safety Shoes Prevent Puncture Breathable Casual Sneaker Work Boots, making choices and developing strategies, which include adopting new technology, where the future is unknowable and “deeply unpredictable” either produces monumental successes or monumental failures.Carolina Motorcycle Harness Boots Mens Size 8 Steel Toe 14” Tall Black LeatherCHAUSSURE CUIR SNEAKERS REDSKINS TAILLE 41 SHOES/STIVALI/ZAPATOS PARFAIT ETAT For a company this can spell financial ruin, while for the Army, it can spell disaster and the loss of Soldiers’ lives and national treasure. Yet, we must also choose a “way ahead” – often by considering “boundaries” – in a sense the left and right limits – of potential implications.
Second, our ability to predict when technology will become available is often in error nor can we accurately determine its implications. For example, in a New York Times editorial on December 8, 1903, it noted: “A man carrying airplane will eventually be built, Mens Elastic Decor Leather Pull On Chelsea Casual Work Business Work Ankle BootsRubber Tabi Boots : Marukatsu " Nougyou You Tabi "but only if mathematicians and engineers work steadily for the next ten million years.”5 The Wright Brothers first flight took place the following week, but it took decades for commercial and military aviation to evolve.
Each of the services has faced force modernization challenges due to the adoption of technologies that weren’t mature enough; whose capabilities were over-promised; or did not support operations in the envisioned Operational Environment. For the U.S. Army, Future Combat Systems (FCS) was the most obvious and recent example of this challenge – costing billions of dollars and, just as importantly, lost time and confidence.Fly Fishing Boot Brown Boots Cabelas Size 10Baffin Expo Men's Brown Hiking Boot 8M
Third, in terms of future technology, predictions vary widely. For example, predictions by MIT’s Rodney Brooks and futurist/inventor Ray Kurzweil vary widely to the question – “What year do you think human-level Artificial Intelligence [AI, i.e., a true thinking machine] might be achieved with a 50% probability?” Kurzweil predicts AI (as defined) will be available in 2029, while Brooks is a bit more conservative – the year 2200 – a difference of over 170 years.Durango Red Leather Zip Up Boots Men's 8.5 M 1.5 Inch Heels Side Buckles BrazilWinter work Ankle boots Labor Men's Camouflage Steel toe Fur Lined Comfy shoes
While one can understand the difficulty of predicting when “general AI” will be available, other technologies offer similar difficulties. The vision of the “self-driving” autonomous vehicle was first written about and experimented with in the 1920s, yet technological limitations, legal concerns, customer fears, and other barriers make implementing this capability challenging.
Lastly, as Rodney Brooks has highlighted, Vintage Mens Suede Ankle Boot Desert 2017 Pull On Leisure Flat Shoes Chelsea Hot maintains:
“we tend to overestimate the effect of a technology in the short run and underestimate the effect in the long run.”Men's Camo Tactical Army Outdoor Combat Ankle Boots SWAT Hiking Hunting Shoes
SECOND, THIRD ORDER AND EVIL EFFECTS
– intentionally focus on the positive effects of adopting a technology;
– ignore the experts and those who identify the potential downside of technology; and
– fail to think thorough the short, long, and potentially dangerous effects or dependencies – imaginatively.
We do this because we are human, and more often because we fall into the confirmation bias or other cognitive thinking traps that might affect our program or pet technology. As noted by RAND in Truth Decay:Mens Zipper Fur Lining Suede leather Warm Ankle Snow Boot Outdoor comfort ShoesLaCrosse Men's Tallgrass Western Toe Dc 11" Work Boot Brown Size 14M
“Cognitive biases and the ways in which human beings process information and make decisions cause people to look for information, opinion, and analyses that confirm preexisting beliefs, to weigh experience more heavily than data and facts, and then to rely on mental shortcuts and the beliefs of those in the same social networks when forming opinions and making decisions.”9
Yet, the warning signs or signals for many unanticipated effects can be found simply by conducting a literature review of government, think tank, academic, and popular reports (to perhaps include science fiction). This may deter some, given the sheer volume of literature is often overwhelming, but contained within these reports are many of the challenges associated with future technology, such as: the potential for deep fakes, loss of privacy, hacking,Men's Shoes Fashion England Breathable Casual Nice Boots LusrAltama Army Hot Weather Combat Boots 10XW accidents, deception, and loss of industries/jobs.
At the national level, both the current and previous administrations published reports on AI, as has the Department of Defense – some more balanced in addressing of issues of fairness, safety, governance, and ethics.10
For example, using photo recognition to help law enforcement and others seems like a great idea, yet its use is increasingly being questioned. This past May, San Francisco became the first city to ban its use, and others may follow suit.11 While some question this decision to ban vice impose a moratorium until the technology produces less errors, the question remains – did the developers and policy makers consider if there would be push back to its introduction given its current performance?Skechers Men’s Cottonwood-Goddard Slip-Resistant Slip On Work Shoes Size 12 WideFashion Mens Rubber Mid Calf Boots Pull On Waterproof Rainboots Shoes Casual What sources did they consult?
Another challenge is language. You’ve seen the commercials – “there is much we can do with AI” – in farming, business, and even beer making. While “AI” is a clever tag line, it may invoke unnecessary fear and misunderstanding. For example, I believe for most people equate “robotics” and “AI” with the “Terminator” franchise, raising the fear of uncontrolled autonomous military force overwhelming humanity. Even worse – under the moniker of “AI,” we will buy into “snake-oil” propositions.
We are at least decades away from “general AI” where a “system exhibits apparently intelligence behavior at least as advanced as a person” across the “full range of cognitive tasks,” but we continue to flaunt the use of “AI” without elaboration.Rocky Mens Sz 12 Insulated Thinsulate Rubber Suede Winter Hunt BOOTS Steel ShankKEEN Hamilton Men's Black/Brown Work Boot 8M
SOME ACTIONS TO TAKE
Embrace a learning organization. Popularized by Peter Senge’s The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization (1990), a learning organization is a place “where people continually expand their capacity to create the results they truly desire, where new and expansive patterns of thinking are nurtured, where collective aspiration is set free, and where people are continually learning how to learn together.”Cole Haan Men's Buckle Zip Leather Boot, Black Size 13 M While some question whether we can truly make a learning organization, Senge’s thinking may help solve our problem of identifying 2nd/3rd order and evil effects.
First, we must embrace new and expansive patterns of thinking. Force developers use the acronym – “DOTMPLF-P” as shorthand for Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Personnel, Leadership, Facilities, and Policy implications – yet other factors might be as important.
For example, trust in automated or robotics systems must be instilled and measured. In one poll, 73% of respondents noted they would be afraid of riding in a fully autonomous vehicle – up 10% points from the previous year.14 What if we develop a military autonomous vehicle or a leader-follower system and one or more of our host nation allies prohibits its use? What happens if an accident occurs and the host population protests, Mens Reebok Size 14 Composite Saftey Toe Tactical Duty Boots BlackTony Lama Boots Style 8445 Size 10.5 D Brown Handcrafted USAarguing that the Americans don’t care for their safety?
Technologists and concept developers must move from being stove-piped in labs and single-focused to consider the broader view of technological implications across functions.
Embrace Humility. Given that we cannot predict the future and its potential consequences, developers must seek out diversified opinions, and more importantly, recognize divergent opinions.
Embrace the Data. In New York City during World War II, a small organization of some of the most brilliant minds in America worked in the office of the “Applied Mathematics Panel.” In Europe, the 8th U.S. Air Force suffered from devastating bomber losses. Bedford Mens Size 10.5 Ankle Boots Zip Up Black Leather Made In ItalyMilitary Combat Mens Punk Biker Rock Tactical Motorcycle Gothic Ankle Boots SizeLeaders wondered where best to reinforce the bombers with additional armor without significantly increasing their weight to improve survivability. Reports indicated returning bombers suffered gunfire hits over the wings and fuselage, but not in the tail or cockpits, so to the casual observer it made sense to reinforce the wings and fuselage where the damage was clearly visible.
Abraham Wald, a mathematician, worked on the problem. He noted that reinforcing the spots where damage was evident in returning aircraft wasn’t necessarily the best course of action, given that hits to the cockpit and tail were probably causing aircraft (and aircrew) losses during the mission. In a series of memorandums, he developed a “method of estimating plane vulnerability based on damage of survivors.” As Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes noted more than 100 years ago, “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”men's dark brown Allen Edmonds ankle boots size 7 1/2 CVintage Acme Brown Slip On Cowboy Boots Mens 9.5D Style
Additionally, we need to reinforce our practice of performing quality literature reviews to aid in our identification of these issues.
Employ Skepticism and a Devil’s Advocate Approach. In 1587, the Roman Catholic Church created the position of Promoter of the Faith – commonly referred to as the Devil’s Advocate. To insure a candidate for sainthood met the qualification of being canonized, the role of the Devil’s Advocate was to be the skeptic (loyal to the institution), looking for reasons why not to canonize the individual. Similarly, Leaders must embrace the concept of employing a devil’s advocate approach to identifying 2nd/3rd order and evil effects of technology – if not designating a devil’s advocate with the right expertise to identify assumptions, risks, and effects. But creating any devil’s advocate or “risk identification” positions is only useful if their input is seriously considered.
Embrace the Suck. Lastly, if we are serious in identifying the 2nd/3rd order and evil effects, BELLEVILLE 300 TST TROP ST HOT WEATHER BLACK STEEL TOE BOOTS USA MADE Sz 13WVintage CROWN Boots Side Zip Bronze Red LEATHER GoodYear Sz 11D/B 1960's HIPSTERto include identifying new dependencies, ethical issues, or other issues which challenge the adaption or development of a new technology or policy – then we must be honest, resilient, and tough. There will be setbacks, delays, and frustration.
Technology holds the power to improve and change our personal and professional lives. For the military, technology changes the ways wars are fought (i.e., the character of war), but it may also change the nature of war by potentially reducing the “human dimension” in war. If robotics, AI, and other technological developments eliminate “danger, physical exertion, intelligence and friction,”17 is war easier to wage? Will technology increase its potential frequency? Will technology create a further separation between the military and the population by decreasing the number of personnel needed? These may be some of the 2nd/3rd order and “evil” effects we need to consider.
If you enjoyed this post, please see Dr. Marsella’s previous post “Second/Third Order, and Evil Effects” – The Dark Side of Technology (Harley Davidson low cut Shoes Size 10)
… as well as the following posts:Creative Recreation Mens Black Ankle Boots Size 10.5 (281430)New Men's KENNETH COLE LUG-XURY SUEDE BOOT (9.5 m)
– Tony Lama Men's Western Cowboy Boot Size 8 1/2D Brown and Tan Two Tone, by Dr. Nir Buras