- $140 AQUA MERYL T. Moro Brown Suede Designer ITALY COMFORT Ankle Boots 8
- Coolway Bady Moto Western Inspired Boot Color: Black US: 7
- Gentleman/Lady EDITHACANARES SUEDE CAMEL Strong heat and wear resistance Environmentally friendly Fine wild
- Andrew Charles By Andy Hilfiger Mens Slip On Sneaker
- MENS WALKING SUMMER SANDALS DRIVING LOAFERS BOYS CASUAL MOCCASINS SHOES MULES
- Versace Sandals Shoes Rare Vintage Leather Casual Italy 25,5cm Great
- SPERRY TOP SIDER WOMENS ANGELFISH OAT SIZE 9.5
- Adidas Roundhouse G23034 Men's Mid Grey Blue Leather Trainer US 13
- Nike SB Zoom Blazer Low 864347-002 Black Gum Men's Skateboarding Shoes NEW!
- Red Tape Mens Brown Genuine Leather Zip Ankle Boots Size 10
- Montana Brown All Leather Round Toe Cowboy Western Boots Mens Size 12D Style 036
- Motorcycle Pirate Skull Boot Chains, Cowboy Western Leather New, Free Shipping
- Mens Combat Boots Black Back Zip Riding Boot Knee High Boots Warm Military Shoes
- Mens Fur Lining British High Top Boots Motorcycle Riding Shoes Winter outdoor sz
- New Bass Kiltie Tassel 7 C burgundy (1387)
- Cole Haan Sutton Plain PL Venetian Woodbury Grain Loafer Men 8.5 $168 NIB C11740
- CHIPPEWA 20071 MEN'S CHOCOLATE APACHE 8" LEATHER STEEL TOE BOOTS NEW IN BOX USA
- Christian Louboutin Black Patent Dorissima Pumps Size EU 37 (Approx. US 7) Regular (M, B)
- Adidas adizero tempo women’s 8 teal
- Prada Black Boots/Booties Size US 5 Regular (M, B)
- Rebecca Minkoff Black Evonne Sandals Size US 6 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Flystepper 2K3 PRM Premium "Yeezy" Black 644576 008
- Nike Mamba 3 Distance Track And Field Spike Men’s Shoes 706617-614
- Adidas Alphabounce Womens DA9971 White Grey ForgedMesh Running Shoes Size 8
- Nike Women's Free Connect Cross Training Athletic Running Shoe
- Nike Free TR Focus Flyknit Training Running Shoes Womens 9 Wh/Blk 844817 102 NEW
- NEW INUOVO PARASELENE WOMENS LEATHER FASHION LOW HEEL ANKLE BOOTS
- NIKE ROSHERUN PRINT Running Trainers Shoes Casual - Team Orange - Various Sizes
- Nike Dunk Low Premium Cl Olive/dp ORANGE-LT Choc 307696 381 MENS SZ 8.5 DS 2005
- Man's/Woman's NEW STEVE MADDEN WOMENS MODEST Practical and economical delicate Seasonal promotion
- Womens High Heel Pointy Toe Thigh High Satins British Sexy 8 Colors Boots Shoes
- Tod's Women Ankle Boots Size 9 US/39 EU
- Womens Brogue Retro Bow Tie Lolita Flats Oxfords Shoes Pump Loafers Plus size sz
- Spain Made FS/NY Orlando 7.5 B Ankle Wrap Ballet Flats Pink Leather Women's
- PRADA Black Patent Leather Logo Stamped Top Accent Medium Heel Loafers Sz 8.5
- Ecco Bluma Women's Black Charcoal Grey Slip On Sneaker Sz 42
- Vince Women's Bray Loafer Flat, Grey Suede, 7 Medium US
- Frye Lena Harness Women’s Size 8.5 Nutmeg Fashion Sneaker FB-215
- Gentlemen/Ladies New Balance 620 Women's Purple/Yellow CW620MY Excellent value New design Exquisite processing
- Nike WOMEN'S Air Max 95 Barely Rose SIZE 9.5 BRAND NEW
- NEW Soft Walk Lodi Mocha Leather Slip On Comfort Loafer Shoe Size 7.5M
- 857872-003 NIKE SF AIR FORCE 1 VAST GREY WOMENS SNEAKER SIZE 12
- Mezlans Mens Monk Strap Genuine Stingray Skin shoes. 9 1/2 Medium. Retail $675
- Men Moccasins Slip Shoes Men Casual Shoe Genuine Leather Driving Boat Flats Shoe
- Call It Spring Men's Linford Fashion Sneaker
- PUMA Select Men's BWGH for PUMA XS-698 Sneakers
- Emerica The Wino Mens Black Skate Canvas Shoes
- Aerosoles Wedge Sneaker Bootie Women size 8 Black Leather
- Man's/Woman's Steve Madden Jourdana Boot 6.5 use New in stock List of explosions
- $100 Michael By Michael Shannon Womens Madeline Bootie Shoes, Taupe, US 7.5
- Frye Patty Riding Black Leather Side Zip Ankle Boots/Booties Size 8.5 $298
- Sperry Top-Sider Women's Walker Fog Rain Boot
- men's shoes J BREITLIN 8 () elegant black shiny leather AD15-C
- VINCE D4502L2200 Brooks Sneaker Men's Suede Cashew Brown 11 M NEW
- Gentleman/Lady Hermes Boots Shoes Leather (51641 excellent quality Orders are welcome Very good classification
- TEVA MENS SANDALS HURRICANE XLT2 KERNE BLACK GREY SIZE 13
- Women's Tod's Flats Loafers Size 7.5 Brown Pebbled Leather w/ Buckle All Leather
- New Balance Mens Classic 574 Blue Neon Green SZ 7.5
- Men Spring Running Shoe Anti-Slip Breathable Light Outdoor Casual Shoes Sneakers
- Reebok Work Men's Beamer RB1068 Comp Toe EH Hiker Work Shoe Black/Gray Size 13W
- Men's/Women's red wing irish setter boots Charming design Trendy As of the latest model
- Christian Louboutin Beige Decollete 554 70 Cork Liege Lame Pumps Size EU 38.5 (Approx. US 8.5) Regular (M, B)
- ALAÏA Blue 90mm Canard Satin Studded Ankle Strap Sandal Heel Pumps Size EU 36.5 (Approx. US 6.5) Regular (M, B)
- Flats Size US 8 Regular (M, B)
- Clarks Originals Mens Taupe Suede Ankle Boots Shoe Size 10 M
- Kenneth Cole Reaction Chukka Boots Men's Desert Sun Suede 12 M Taupe Excellent
- CLARKS sporswear x Tanner EVO sang de boeuf Cuir
- Frye Lewis Venetian Black Leather Loafers Driving Moccasins Mens Size 9 M Shoes
- New Balance Walking Shoes MW812VK Black Hook/Loop Double Strap USA Made Men 11
- OluKai Men's Moloa Water Resistant Leather Shoe Black/Toffee 8.5 D(M) US
- Man's/Woman's: NIKE Zoom KD10: Good goods collection
- NIKE Men's Flex RN 2017 Running Shoe Black/Volt/Wolf Grey Size 9.5 M US
- Nike Magista Orden FG men soccer cleats hyper grape 651329-505 sz 10 NNB
- Adidas Edge Lux W [AQ3471] Women Running Shoes White/Shock Red
- WMNS Nike Dunk Lux SP Sacai White (776446-117) Women's Retail $200 Sz 5
- Skechers Women's Summits Slip on Sneakers Black 6 M
- New Womens Punk Shoes Pumps High Block Heels Platform Zip PU Leather Ankle Boots
- Nike Air Huarache Run 91 OG ORIGINAL WHITE ROYAL BLUE PINK AH8049-100 sz 8
- New Nike Roshe Two Flyknit 365 Volt Wolf Grey Green Glow Black Men 13
- Roper Women's Johnnie Multicolor Aztec Driving Mocs Moc Toe - 09-021-1786-2081
- Chic womens leg high boots side zip stretchy chunky heel round toe siede leather
- Men's/Women's Nocona Boots Women's Competitor Fashion Boot Promotion Stylish and charming Quality and consumer first
- Man's/Woman's Naturalsoul Womens Gladiators Size 8.5 (23915) Online Shopping Excellent performance Human border
- Walking Cradles Women's Hardy Oxford, Black, 5.5 M US
- NIB CHARLOTTE OLYMPIA Kitty Embroidered Velvet Slippers Flat Shoe Black 37.5
- STEVEN BY STEVE MADDEN (RAZZI MULE SLIP ON) 9.5 BRAND NEW!!
- AC560 MBT shoes brown leather women moccasins /3,
- Converse Women CTAS Dainty Canvas OX 553373C Sneakers Blue UK7 RRP BCF78
- Nike Metcon 3 Womens 849807-100 White Black Mesh Cross Training Shoes Size 9
- Man's/Woman's Saucony Women's Guide 8 Running Shoe durable a variety of List of explosions
- Cross Trekkers Safe Step Slip Resistant Size 13 Black Shoes NEW Womens
- Dansko Womens Leather Burgundy Professional Nursing Slip On Clogs Sz 39 Narrow
- Supreme X Undercover X Public Enemy X Dr. Martens, Mens Size 10 / 43
- Men's Casual Leather Moccasins Loafer Slip On Driving Comfort Shoes cowfd
- New $99 Camper Imar Low Top Sneaker US 12 /
- Unlisted By Kenneth Cole Rock The Boat Casual Shoes - Men's Size 10 M, Navy
- Skechers Mens Classic Fit-Delson-Camden Sneaker- Select SZ/Color.
- NEW $69 Womens Sperry Duckling Black Rain Shoes, size 6 waterproof rubber
- PRE-Owned Pink & Pepper Zolly Round Toe Synthetic Over the Knee Boot 8.5M
- Skechers Women's Keepsakes-Brrrr Boot, Charcoal, Size 5.0
- BASS Womens Tall Knee High Boots 7M Brown Leather Inside Zipper Stretch
- Pepe Jeans Spike, Boots femme - Gris (945), 38 EU
- Men's/Women's Propet Men's Warner Complete specification New products in 2018 List of explosions
- NEW MEN'S SPERRY GOLD CUP SPORT CASUSAL SNEAKER TAN LEATHER SHOES ASV
- Life Outdoors Mens 2 eye duck Closed Toe Mules, dark badge, Size 14.0
- Mens Leather Fisherman Casual Shoes Hollow Summer Beach Slippers Sports Sandals
- women's shoes SAS leather color light bone size 9 N NEW
- Christian Louboutin Glitter Seava Disco Ball Sneaker Sneakers Size US 6.5 Regular (M, B)
- Giuseppe Zanotti Silver Cruel Summer Sandals Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)
- Cathy Jean Silver Sparkle Platforms Size US 6.5 Regular (M, B)
- [great condition] cole haan Men US size 9 oxford dress shoes grandsprint wingtip
- Rockport Mens Walking Shoes Size 11.5 (2E) (43657)
- Lugz Mens Flank Durabrush Slip Resistant Hiking Mid Height Boot Brn/Red/Black 9
- Skechers Men Shoes Fashion Boots Chocolate Dark Brown Arranged Boardings
- DANNER Boots Men's Size 9.5 Hunting GORE-TEX WATERPROOF Brown Leather #B2424
- Terra Men's 6" Zephyr Composite Toe Work Boot Brown Size 10M
- Shoes high desert boots boots Marc Hero leather men black 40 41 42 43 44 45
- Men/Women 1960's MINE Canada-Rubber & Leather-Hunting-Rockabilly-Hipster-Duck Boots-SZ9 High security a variety of Immediate delivery
- Vintage Walk Over Shoes Nubuck Suede Oxford Dress Shoes Off-white Cream Size 8
- Onitsuka Tiger ASICS Sneakers MEXICO 66 TH4J2L Birch Tope Gray US4.5(23cm)
- Puma Women's Fierce Core Casual Shoes NEW AUTHENTIC Black/White 188977-08
- NEW - NIKE Air Zoom Elite 9 Training Shoes - Blue White - 863769 404 - Sz 10
- Nike Jordan Brand CP3.IV Chris Paul Basketball Shoes US Size 11 Black Silver
- Adidas Originals Superstar New Women’s Shoes b41510 White/Purple 2018
- Nike Zoom Vapor Tour Women's Tennis Shoes 631475 003
- NEW Converse CTAS Hi Volt Yellow Shoes Sneakers Chuck Taylor Size 5 7 153231C
- Sexy Women Zip Round Toe Block Heels Ankle Boots Sequins Winter Party Shoes
- Nike Air Jordan Retro 1 "2002" Shoes 306000-101 Mens Size 10 RARE FAST SHIP
- Nike Free Run Commuter Size 10 Black Grey Olive 880841-008
- Fashion Women's Rain boots PVC Waterproof Block Heel skidproof Water Shoes Boots
- Born Doyle Tall Slouch Shaft Boots 7 Wide Calf Black Suede Side Zip $189 NEW
- Man's/Woman's NEW VIVIENNE WESTWOOD WOMENS BOOTS economic First batch of customers British temperament
- Under Armour Womens Blue Flip Flops Size 8 (403079)
- Tory Burch bow Two-tone blue Jelly Ballet Flats Size 6 ()
- Cole Haan Womens Katelynsam Closed Toe Ballet Flats, Black, Size 6.0
- NIB Paul Smith Women's Hasties loafers, Electric Blue/White, 39/8 M Orig $525
[Editor’s Note: In Part I of this series, Dr. Nick Marsella addressed the duty we have to examine our assumptions about emergent warfighting technologies / capabilities and their associated implications to identify potential second / third order and “evil” effects. Adidas x The Farm Superstar Womens BY9177 White Leather Shell Toe Shoes Size 9WOMENS NEW IN BOX ADIDAS TUBULAR DEFIANT PK SIZE 8 #KUC286 In today’s post, he prescribes five actions we can embrace both individually and as organizations to avoid confirmation bias and falling into cognitive thinking traps when confronting the ramifications of emergent technologies — Enjoy!]
In part I of my blog post, I advised those advocating for the development and/or fielding of technology to be mindful of the second/third order and possible “evil” effects. I defined “evil” as an unexpected and profound negative implication(s) of the adoption/adaption of a technology and related policy. I also recommended heeding the admonition of Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, to take responsibility for our technological creations and have the courage to think things through their potential implications – both for the good and the bad.
But even if we as individuals are willing to challenge our assumptions and think broadly and imaginatively, we can still come up short. Why? The answer is due in part to the challenges of prediction and the fact we are human with both great cognitive abilities, but also weaknesses.
First, common sense and many theorists remind us that the future is unknowable.Adidas Tubular Runner Women's Shoes Merlot/Periwi af6277Volleyball Shoes Adidas Women's Crazyflight X - Size 10.5 - Yellow /Black Ba9267The futurist Arthur C. Clark noted in 1962, “It is impossible to predict the future, and all attempts to do in any detail appear ludicrous within a very few years.” Within this fixed condition of unknowing, the U.S. Departments of Defense and the Army must make choices to determine:
– what capabilities we desire and its related technology;
– where to invest in research and development; and
– what to purchase and field.Women's Adidas PureBOOST X Shoes Red Size 10.5 AQ3399 Training Shoe RunningAdidas UltraBOOST X All Terrain
As Michael E. Raynor pointed out in his book, Adidas mi Superstar 80s Women/Originals 6.5, making choices and developing strategies, which include adopting new technology, where the future is unknowable and “deeply unpredictable” either produces monumental successes or monumental failures.Women's Adidas Alphabounce Reigning Champ - Grey - Width: med - RunningAUTHENTIC Adidas Edge Bounce Carbon Black Night Metallic CG5536 CRB Women size For a company this can spell financial ruin, while for the Army, it can spell disaster and the loss of Soldiers’ lives and national treasure. Yet, we must also choose a “way ahead” – often by considering “boundaries” – in a sense the left and right limits – of potential implications.
Second, our ability to predict when technology will become available is often in error nor can we accurately determine its implications. For example, in a New York Times editorial on December 8, 1903, it noted: “A man carrying airplane will eventually be built, ADIDAS WOMEN'S NMD XR1 PK W PRIMEKNIT UTILITY IVY CORE RED BB2375Adidas Originals Women Tubular Entrap Shoes Grey (BA7100) - US8 UK6.5but only if mathematicians and engineers work steadily for the next ten million years.”5 The Wright Brothers first flight took place the following week, but it took decades for commercial and military aviation to evolve.
Each of the services has faced force modernization challenges due to the adoption of technologies that weren’t mature enough; whose capabilities were over-promised; or did not support operations in the envisioned Operational Environment. For the U.S. Army, Future Combat Systems (FCS) was the most obvious and recent example of this challenge – costing billions of dollars and, just as importantly, lost time and confidence.Blue Velvet Adidas Superstar Size 7.5NEW ADIDAS ORIGINALS SUPERSTAR CASUAL WOMEN SHOES WHITE BLACK GOLD FARM 5 - 10
Third, in terms of future technology, predictions vary widely. For example, predictions by MIT’s Rodney Brooks and futurist/inventor Ray Kurzweil vary widely to the question – “What year do you think human-level Artificial Intelligence [AI, i.e., a true thinking machine] might be achieved with a 50% probability?” Kurzweil predicts AI (as defined) will be available in 2029, while Brooks is a bit more conservative – the year 2200 – a difference of over 170 years.Adidas Women Originals Superstar Classic Shoes White Purple CG5464 UK3.5-6.5 04'ADIDAS ORIGINALS FLB Womens WINE RED OFF WHITE WOMENS SNEAKERS BY9302 Nov
While one can understand the difficulty of predicting when “general AI” will be available, other technologies offer similar difficulties. The vision of the “self-driving” autonomous vehicle was first written about and experimented with in the 1920s, yet technological limitations, legal concerns, customer fears, and other barriers make implementing this capability challenging.
Lastly, as Rodney Brooks has highlighted, Adidas Originals Women's Everyn Slip-on Shoes Size 5 to 10 us CQ2060 maintains:
“we tend to overestimate the effect of a technology in the short run and underestimate the effect in the long run.”ULTRABOOST ST W - Adidas
SECOND, THIRD ORDER AND EVIL EFFECTS
– intentionally focus on the positive effects of adopting a technology;
– ignore the experts and those who identify the potential downside of technology; and
– fail to think thorough the short, long, and potentially dangerous effects or dependencies – imaginatively.
We do this because we are human, and more often because we fall into the confirmation bias or other cognitive thinking traps that might affect our program or pet technology. As noted by RAND in Truth Decay:WOMEN'S UNISEX ADIDAS STAN SMITH "MULTICOLOR" X PHARRELL WILLIAMS [DA9612]Adidas Originals Iniki I-5923 Women's Sneaker Gym Shoe Sport Shoes Shoes Boost
“Cognitive biases and the ways in which human beings process information and make decisions cause people to look for information, opinion, and analyses that confirm preexisting beliefs, to weigh experience more heavily than data and facts, and then to rely on mental shortcuts and the beliefs of those in the same social networks when forming opinions and making decisions.”9
Yet, the warning signs or signals for many unanticipated effects can be found simply by conducting a literature review of government, think tank, academic, and popular reports (to perhaps include science fiction). This may deter some, given the sheer volume of literature is often overwhelming, but contained within these reports are many of the challenges associated with future technology, such as: the potential for deep fakes, loss of privacy, hacking,Adidas Originals FLB_Runner W Aero Pink/White/Gum Casual Running Shoes DB2119Adidas Originals Women's Stan Smith Boost Sneakers Size 5 to 10 us BB0107 accidents, deception, and loss of industries/jobs.
At the national level, both the current and previous administrations published reports on AI, as has the Department of Defense – some more balanced in addressing of issues of fairness, safety, governance, and ethics.10
For example, using photo recognition to help law enforcement and others seems like a great idea, yet its use is increasingly being questioned. This past May, San Francisco became the first city to ban its use, and others may follow suit.11 While some question this decision to ban vice impose a moratorium until the technology produces less errors, the question remains – did the developers and policy makers consider if there would be push back to its introduction given its current performance?Adidas ayuda de equipo ADV W bb2324 Eqt Zapatillas Deportivas Negro/AzulAdidas Terrex Swift R Womens, Brand New Style No -Q21339- Gr 38 2/3 Eur What sources did they consult?
Another challenge is language. You’ve seen the commercials – “there is much we can do with AI” – in farming, business, and even beer making. While “AI” is a clever tag line, it may invoke unnecessary fear and misunderstanding. For example, I believe for most people equate “robotics” and “AI” with the “Terminator” franchise, raising the fear of uncontrolled autonomous military force overwhelming humanity. Even worse – under the moniker of “AI,” we will buy into “snake-oil” propositions.
We are at least decades away from “general AI” where a “system exhibits apparently intelligence behavior at least as advanced as a person” across the “full range of cognitive tasks,” but we continue to flaunt the use of “AI” without elaboration.Adidas Women Originals Superstar 80s W Leather White Sneaker Women's Shoes RetroADIDAS SUPERSTAR SCARPE DONNA RETRO CLASSICI Sneaker Donna White Black by9175
SOME ACTIONS TO TAKE
Embrace a learning organization. Popularized by Peter Senge’s The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization (1990), a learning organization is a place “where people continually expand their capacity to create the results they truly desire, where new and expansive patterns of thinking are nurtured, where collective aspiration is set free, and where people are continually learning how to learn together.”adidas WOMENS ADIZERO Y3 2016 W RUNNING TRAINER SHOE BLACK WHITE SIZE 5-6.5 NEW While some question whether we can truly make a learning organization, Senge’s thinking may help solve our problem of identifying 2nd/3rd order and evil effects.
First, we must embrace new and expansive patterns of thinking. Force developers use the acronym – “DOTMPLF-P” as shorthand for Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Personnel, Leadership, Facilities, and Policy implications – yet other factors might be as important.
For example, trust in automated or robotics systems must be instilled and measured. In one poll, 73% of respondents noted they would be afraid of riding in a fully autonomous vehicle – up 10% points from the previous year.14 What if we develop a military autonomous vehicle or a leader-follower system and one or more of our host nation allies prohibits its use? What happens if an accident occurs and the host population protests, Women Adidas CG5460 Superstar Running shoes khaki brown pink SneakersFEMMES ADIDAS STAN SMITH W - aq6807 - Pêche SUNGLOW basketsarguing that the Americans don’t care for their safety?
Technologists and concept developers must move from being stove-piped in labs and single-focused to consider the broader view of technological implications across functions.
Embrace Humility. Given that we cannot predict the future and its potential consequences, developers must seek out diversified opinions, and more importantly, recognize divergent opinions.
Embrace the Data. In New York City during World War II, a small organization of some of the most brilliant minds in America worked in the office of the “Applied Mathematics Panel.” In Europe, the 8th U.S. Air Force suffered from devastating bomber losses. adidas Pw Tennis Hu W Donna Pastel Blue Tessile Scarpe da Ginnastica - 7 UKchaussure adidas Superstar art. C77124Leaders wondered where best to reinforce the bombers with additional armor without significantly increasing their weight to improve survivability. Reports indicated returning bombers suffered gunfire hits over the wings and fuselage, but not in the tail or cockpits, so to the casual observer it made sense to reinforce the wings and fuselage where the damage was clearly visible.
Abraham Wald, a mathematician, worked on the problem. He noted that reinforcing the spots where damage was evident in returning aircraft wasn’t necessarily the best course of action, given that hits to the cockpit and tail were probably causing aircraft (and aircrew) losses during the mission. In a series of memorandums, he developed a “method of estimating plane vulnerability based on damage of survivors.” As Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes noted more than 100 years ago, “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”adidas Tubular Shadow J 468Adidas Lite Racer W AW3836 green halfshoes
Additionally, we need to reinforce our practice of performing quality literature reviews to aid in our identification of these issues.
Employ Skepticism and a Devil’s Advocate Approach. In 1587, the Roman Catholic Church created the position of Promoter of the Faith – commonly referred to as the Devil’s Advocate. To insure a candidate for sainthood met the qualification of being canonized, the role of the Devil’s Advocate was to be the skeptic (loyal to the institution), looking for reasons why not to canonize the individual. Similarly, Leaders must embrace the concept of employing a devil’s advocate approach to identifying 2nd/3rd order and evil effects of technology – if not designating a devil’s advocate with the right expertise to identify assumptions, risks, and effects. But creating any devil’s advocate or “risk identification” positions is only useful if their input is seriously considered.
Embrace the Suck. Lastly, if we are serious in identifying the 2nd/3rd order and evil effects, adidas Women's Supernova Sequence 6 Running Shoe - Choose SZ/ColorAdidas Originali Superstar 80s Sughero da Donna Scarpe Ginnastica BY2963 Tennisto include identifying new dependencies, ethical issues, or other issues which challenge the adaption or development of a new technology or policy – then we must be honest, resilient, and tough. There will be setbacks, delays, and frustration.
Technology holds the power to improve and change our personal and professional lives. For the military, technology changes the ways wars are fought (i.e., the character of war), but it may also change the nature of war by potentially reducing the “human dimension” in war. If robotics, AI, and other technological developments eliminate “danger, physical exertion, intelligence and friction,”17 is war easier to wage? Will technology increase its potential frequency? Will technology create a further separation between the military and the population by decreasing the number of personnel needed? These may be some of the 2nd/3rd order and “evil” effects we need to consider.
If you enjoyed this post, please see Dr. Marsella’s previous post “Second/Third Order, and Evil Effects” – The Dark Side of Technology (FW16 ADIDAS SUPERSTAR 80s VINTAGE SCARPE PRIMEKNIT UOMO MAN GYM SHOES S82779)
… as well as the following posts:adidas Energy Cloud WTC w - Running - Trainers for Women 5 UKWomens Adidas Ultra Boost X Trace Pink Tactile Red White BB3436
– Adidas Stella McCartney Adizero Adios Silver/Grey/Blush Womens Sneakers - Size 8, by Dr. Nir Buras