- Nicole Miller New York Rainyday Round Toe Synthetic Rain Boot
- Lacoste Men’s Novas CT Sneakers - Choose SZ/Color
- $595 Mens Jimmy Choo "Cash" Velvet Low Top Sneakers Slate Gray 42 US 9
- Havaianas Anti-slip Mens Flip Flops Variety of Colors Summer Beach Slippers
- Naot Men's Santa Barbara Buffalo Leather Sandals
- Scarosso Emma Black Loafer Black Calf LE
- Puma Roma Retro Shoes Men's US Size 9.5 White with Red Stripe Sneakers
- Stylish Men's Basketball Shoes Sports Running Shoes Sneakers Outdoor Jogging New
- Men's Winter Boots Suede Sports Casual Outdoor Athletic Sneakers leisure Shoes
- MENS UNBRANDED ANKLE BOOT 01514 84732 BLACK LEATHER OIL RESISTANT
- VTG MENS DOUBLE H COWBOY WORK LEATHER BROWN BOOTS SIZE 7.5 D
- Sokaido NINJA Tabi Shoes Safety Boots Black El Winds VO-80 Size 24.0cm Black
- 5.11 TACTICAL RANGER SHOES 12308 / BLACK - ALL SIZES - NEW
- Vince Camuto Size 6 Brown Boots New Mens Shoes
- New Keen 1017485 Glenhaven Explorer Alcatraz / Black Men's Casual Shoes 9 US
- GIAMPIERONICOLA 5039 Italian mens navy blue sandals w/ buckle
- PUMA Womens Fashin Alt Illusion Fashion Sneaker- Pick SZ/Color.
- Christian Louboutin Nude Iriza 100 Pumps Size US 9.5 Narrow (Aa, N)
- Christian Louboutin Beige Guinievre 120 Spike Caged Heel Boot 37 Pumps Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
- Frye Brown Harness 12r Boots/Booties Size US 9.5 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Superfly Elite Unisex Track Shoes Spikes 835996 999 Volt Pink Men Size 11.5
- NIKE SB BRUIN ZOOM PRM SE TUMBLED GREY/WHITE SIZE 9,9.5,10,10.5 FAST SHIPPING
- womens pink and blue iniki adidas
- New Sz 7.5 Women's Nike Air Zoom HyperAce Volleyball Shoes 902367-001 Black
- Altra womens size 8 One v2.5 Running Shoes blue
- Women Casual Fashion Sneakers Wedge Heel High Top Shoes Black White 5405_Ig
- Men's Nike Air Zoom Ultra Preowned Tennis Shoes size 11.5
- NIKE AIR HUARACHE RUN UNIVERSITY TEAM RED RUNNING SHOES 318429 605 SZ 10.5
- Sexy Winter Fur Boot Wedge Heel Strap Real Fur trim Tall Boot size US 9.5
- ECCO Women's Fara Tie Fashion Sneaker - Choose SZ/color
- Womens Flats Ankle Strap Pumps Oxfords Shoes Mary Janes Spring New Elegant Chic*
- Nine West Womens Bigapple Synthetic Ballet Flat Shoe Black Size 9.5 M
- Sanuk Brook Knit - Women's Casual Shoe - Free Shipping Opal - 10
- Women's Clarks Ashland Lane Q Slip-On Shoe Navy Size 7 #NKSWN-772
- Arcopedico Leina Man Blue Womens Comfort Ballet Flats
- Man's/Woman's CHURCH'S PILAR BURGUNDY LOAFER Crazy price discount Highly appreciated and widely trusted in and out
- Wmns Nike Lunarglide 8 SHIELD Sz 7-9.5 Dark Grey/Silver 849569-007 FREE SHIPPING
- WMNS Nike Flyknit Max Sz.12 Black White Blue Glow Running Shoe 620659-014
- Man's/Woman's Spring Step Women's Chapeco Pump Clever and practical a good reputation in the world German Outlets
- Adidas Superstar Metallic Silver Glitter Sparkle Womens Trainers S75125
- Franco Sarto Women's Fabrina 2 Loafer Silver Spirit Leather Loafers
- Men's Clarks Reazor Drive Penny Loafer Navy Nubuck 23253
- Skechers USA Men's Expected Gembel Relax Fit Oxford- VARIOUS SIZE/ CONDITION @@@
- Men's Dr.Martens black oxfords 5 eye let size US 12
- CREATIVE RECREATION Manzo White Black Grey Hi Shoes MEN'S FASHION SNEAKERS 8M
- Skechers for Work Mens Relaxed Fit Soft Stride Canopy Comp Toe
- Chic Sequins Flat Shoes High Top Boots Anti-slip Sneakers for Women Girls Girls
- Womens Boots Suede Waterproof BLACK RARE Size 9.5 M Sporto Side Winder NEW
- $199 BCBG MAXAZRIA Women Aubrey High Heel Zip Up Boot Shoe,Brown Suede,US 10
- Aerosoles Womens Step It up Boot SIZE US 10M DARK BROWN LEATHER
- manufacturer Sam Edelman Womens Michelle Boot- Select SZ/Color.
- 13 Mens Vans x Peanuts Slip-On Snoopy Checkered Checker Skate Shoes Black White
- Dockers Men's Fullerton Oxford - Choose SZ/Color
- BALENCIAGA Metallic Silver Gunmetal Grey Hi Top Sneakers US 12 SOLD OUT
- Doc Martens Fisherman Black Leather Sandals US 12
- ALIMA! FUNKY 69 TAUPE PATENT LEATHER POINTY TOE BOWLING STYLE SHOES! $298! 39/9
- Hot 11 Men's breathable basketball shoes Size 7-13 High Top State Black White
- Men's New Balance MW577VB Off White Strap-in Walking Shoes Size 12 4E
- FORTE BOOTS MODEL 19610 Size 9 Lot 5
- BELLEVILLE ALL LEATHER BLACK STEEL TOE WATERPROOF FLIGHT MEN'S BOOTS 7
- NEW Muck MGR-000 Men's Grit Hard Core Work Boots Black Size 7,8,9,10,12,13,14 SZ
- Christian Louboutin Glitter Daffodile Slingback Eu 38.5 Pumps Size US 8
- Giuseppe Zanotti Flats Size US 9 Regular (M, B)
- Miz Mooz Women’s Dayna Wedge Blue Sandals Size US 8.5 Regular (M, B)
- NEW Authentic Nike Mens Zoom Winflow 3 Running Shoes 831561001 Black/White
- Nautica Schooner 2 Dark Brown WN628-2 Leather Reflective Weather Boots Men's 9
- Vintage Wolverine World Wide ANSI Black Leather Steel Toe Work Boot 9.5 R
- NIB $100 Converse CTAS Modern Ox Future Mesh Buff/Egret/Egre 156652C US Mens 9.5
- Mens Vogue ankle short high Top sequins rivet flat studded shoes club outwear Sz
- Men's Fashion Korean Style Business Leather Shoes Youth Party Nightclub Shoes
- NEW Adidas Men's ZX Flux PK Athletic Shoes Size 12 NIB
- Nike Mens Dart 11-Running Shoe Black/Red/White
- 1709 adidas Pure Boost X Women's Training Running Shoes BB3432
- NIKE WOMEN Shoe Air Max Thea Prm Black Size 9
- Sporto Womens Champagne Size 10 M Charles Angled Calf Waterproof Winter Boots
- Ditta Zipper Platform Bootie Cri de Coeur Royal Blue Size 8, 9 Available
- Nike Air Max 1 Ultra 2.0 Essential - Size 11.5 - University Red/Black 875679-600
- adidas Originals Wmns Sambarose Women New White Black Lifestyle Sneakers AQ1134
- Womens Sexy Block Heel Suede/Leather Over Knee High Boots Slouch Thigh Boots New
- kensie Women's Delanie Fashion Boot, Black Microfiber, 6.5 M US
- SERGIO ROSSI Size 6 Taupe Leopard Print Suede Over The Knee Platform Boots
- Traditional US 6-12 Indian Women Shoes Designer Blue Mojari Ballerinas
- Sam Edelman Slip on Loafer Barker- Size 6.5 - EUC! Sweater Fabric B/W Platform
- TOD'S New sz 39 - 9 Womens Designer Flats Loafers Shoes Moccasins Drivers navy
- SPERRY Top Sider Audrey Rose Patent Loafer Slip-On Boat Shoes US 7 M NWB
- Henry Beguelin SD0030 ballerina shoes Women's Green US
- Men's/Women's Oofos Women's OOlala Thong Sandal White Ideal gift for all occasions excellent Export
- Asics Noosa FF Womens T772N-3948 Airy Blue Purple Coral Running Shoes Size 8.5
- Vans x Disney Multi Princess Print Cinderella/Ariel/Belle Mens 4 Womens 5.5
- Sanita Clogs Brown Size 38 Occupational US Size 7/7.5
- WOMENS B.O.C. BORN CONCEPT MARTEN LEATHER BROWN SIZE 9 M~NEW WITH BOX
- Raf Simons High Classic Electric Blue / Orange Strap Sneakers Brand New Size 39
- * BROOKS BROTHERS * $178 Brown Leather Hand Sewn Boat Shoes Eu 41 - US 8 D
- Fashion Mens Zipper Decro Sport Quilted Ankle Boots Shoes High Top Sneaker Shoes
- Ed Hardy Original Sneakers LR108M size 11,12,13
- Converse Fashion Sneakers Original new all star canvas shoes men's women unisex
- Crossing Pointe Style "27525-BRWN" Leather Shoes - Very Sophisticated/Well Made!
- Skechers Somethin’ Else Women’s Faux Suede Boots High Heels Dark Brown SZ US 6.5
- Penny Loves Kenny Womens Nomad Military Foldable Combat Boots Blue Size 8 $90
- Gentleman/Lady ASH Women's •Beluga• Stiletto Heel Booties Every item described is available new Maintenance capability
- Sexy Soldier Army Military 4 1/2" Heel Women's Halloween Costume Knee Boots
- Men's/Women's PUMA Men's Roma Triemboss Fashion Sneaker High quality and low overhead In short supply Famous store
- GREEN GEORGE men shoes Beige suede low sneaker ONE made in Italy
- 2.56" Taller Height Increasing Shoes Men Suede Casual Elevator Shoes CHAMARIPA
- Men's Leather Black Sandals Buckle Strap Shoes Hollow Out Summer Casual Shoes
- Tory Burch Coroline Elastic Bellerina Flat Patent Leather Black Size 5.5
- Adidas Copa Super Collegiate Navy/White CQ1946; US 8 1/2, Mint cond at 1/2 price
- Jimmy Choo Brown Velvet Boots/Booties Size EU 36.5 (Approx. US 6.5) Regular (M, B)
- Valentino Nude Patent Leather Rockstud Pumps Size US 11.5
- Christian Louboutin Green Turquoise Suede Bianca Platform Pumps Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B)
- 2014 Nike Dunk High SB Premier Petoskey Size 8.5 (4407) 645986-010
- Adio Melbourne Round Toe Canvas Sneakers red/black M 6.5
- Winter Men's Plus Velvet Snow Hiking Boots Anti-skid Outdoor Ankle Casual Shoes
- Men’s Original HUNTER Short size 13 Boots
- The rail Tempe Chukka Boot Sand Suede mstempe 41M 7-7.5 U.S. size
- Military Combat Men Army Ankle Boots Tactical Desert Waterproof High Top Shoes
- Men Stylish West Desert Cow Leather Abkle Boot shoes Trainer Sneaker New Strappy
- Vintage FRYE 3572 Chestnut Brown Leather Men's Campus Motorcycle Boots Sz 9 D
- Hanover Men's Shoes Black Leather Wing w Tassels Tips Size 10 D B Shell Cordovon
- Clarks Men's Un.Sheridan Dark Brown Leather Business Shoes
- Excel Cond. Adidas AlphaBounce em Black Running Shoes Men’s 8.5 free Shipping
- nike sb watermelon mid size 9.5 PADS
- Very Rare Women's 2004 Adidas Sneakers Size 10 Black Leather
- Nike Women's Air Max Cage 2 Tennis Shoes 705260-801 Hyper Orange Sz 6 - 10
- Skechers Women's Rumblers Wave New Lassie Slide Wedge Sandal Pewter
- Dolce Vita Women's Piscal Wedge Boot - Choose SZ/Color
- nike jordan westbrook 0.2 mens hi top basketball trainers 854563 002 CLEARANCE
- Nike Mens Zoom Vapor 9.5 Tour Size 6 White Binary Blue Tennis Shoes 631458-104
- Women ponit toe Over Knee High Boots Side Zip Shiny Metal heels nightclub Shoes
- Vivobarefoot Gobi Desert Ankle Boots Size 40 Black
- Boulet Women's Challenger Virginia Mesquite Cowgirl Boot - Round Toe - 7761
- Womens Platform Low Suede Creepers College Slip on Loafers Shoes Bowknot Creeper
- Anthropologie Sz 8.5 Or 9 (40 Euro) Guilhermina Velvet Smoking Flats New
- Brand New Sperry Firefish Metallic Grey STS96664
- Kenneth Cole Marshall Ballet Flats 165, Black, 3 US
- oscar de la renta Elena Black And Ruby Suede Flats
[Editor’s Note: In Part I of this series, Dr. Nick Marsella addressed the duty we have to examine our assumptions about emergent warfighting technologies / capabilities and their associated implications to identify potential second / third order and “evil” effects. Allen Edmonds Nashua Black & Brown Casual & Dress Loafer Slip on 11 DMen's Padders Shoes H/K Dual Fit - Dylan In today’s post, he prescribes five actions we can embrace both individually and as organizations to avoid confirmation bias and falling into cognitive thinking traps when confronting the ramifications of emergent technologies — Enjoy!]
In part I of my blog post, I advised those advocating for the development and/or fielding of technology to be mindful of the second/third order and possible “evil” effects. I defined “evil” as an unexpected and profound negative implication(s) of the adoption/adaption of a technology and related policy. I also recommended heeding the admonition of Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, to take responsibility for our technological creations and have the courage to think things through their potential implications – both for the good and the bad.
But even if we as individuals are willing to challenge our assumptions and think broadly and imaginatively, we can still come up short. Why? The answer is due in part to the challenges of prediction and the fact we are human with both great cognitive abilities, but also weaknesses.
First, common sense and many theorists remind us that the future is unknowable.Men's/Women's New Mezlan W burgundy (2179) selling price Quality First Breathable shoesJ&M 1850 Allister Men's white leather fashion sneakers sz. 13 MThe futurist Arthur C. Clark noted in 1962, “It is impossible to predict the future, and all attempts to do in any detail appear ludicrous within a very few years.” Within this fixed condition of unknowing, the U.S. Departments of Defense and the Army must make choices to determine:
– what capabilities we desire and its related technology;
– where to invest in research and development; and
As Michael E. Raynor pointed out in his book, Nike Zoom Stefan Janoski Size 6 BLACK Blackout All Black Suede DS 333824 010, making choices and developing strategies, which include adopting new technology, where the future is unknowable and “deeply unpredictable” either produces monumental successes or monumental failures.New Mezlan Calabria 17 M brown velvet/calf leather (2217)Gentleman/Lady CONV HI-TOP ATHLETIC - C8400 Crazy price, Birmingham Latest styles a wide variety of goods For a company this can spell financial ruin, while for the Army, it can spell disaster and the loss of Soldiers’ lives and national treasure. Yet, we must also choose a “way ahead” – often by considering “boundaries” – in a sense the left and right limits – of potential implications.
Second, our ability to predict when technology will become available is often in error nor can we accurately determine its implications. For example, in a New York Times editorial on December 8, 1903, it noted: “A man carrying airplane will eventually be built, men's shoes BASE LONDON 8 () elegant blue shiny leather BZ419-Cmen's shoes DI MELLA 7 () elegant gray suede AD237-Bbut only if mathematicians and engineers work steadily for the next ten million years.”5 The Wright Brothers first flight took place the following week, but it took decades for commercial and military aviation to evolve.
Each of the services has faced force modernization challenges due to the adoption of technologies that weren’t mature enough; whose capabilities were over-promised; or did not support operations in the envisioned Operational Environment. For the U.S. Army, Future Combat Systems (FCS) was the most obvious and recent example of this challenge – costing billions of dollars and, just as importantly, lost time and confidence.Andrew Marc Mens Size 10.5 Brown Leather Penny Loafers Slip-Ons Moc Shoesmen's shoes DI MELLA 9 () elegant gray suede AD230-C
Third, in terms of future technology, predictions vary widely. For example, predictions by MIT’s Rodney Brooks and futurist/inventor Ray Kurzweil vary widely to the question – “What year do you think human-level Artificial Intelligence [AI, i.e., a true thinking machine] might be achieved with a 50% probability?” Kurzweil predicts AI (as defined) will be available in 2029, while Brooks is a bit more conservative – the year 2200 – a difference of over 170 years.Nike SB Zoom Stefan Janoski Sz 13 ARMORY SLATE Black White New DS 333824 412men's shoes DI MELLA 7 () elegant blue suede AD234-E
While one can understand the difficulty of predicting when “general AI” will be available, other technologies offer similar difficulties. The vision of the “self-driving” autonomous vehicle was first written about and experimented with in the 1920s, yet technological limitations, legal concerns, customer fears, and other barriers make implementing this capability challenging.
Lastly, as Rodney Brooks has highlighted, men's shoes PLEASE WALK 12 () elegant stylish blue leather AH59-C maintains:
“we tend to overestimate the effect of a technology in the short run and underestimate the effect in the long run.”DIESEL Mens BASKET Diamond High Risk Red Suze12
SECOND, THIRD ORDER AND EVIL EFFECTS
– intentionally focus on the positive effects of adopting a technology;
– ignore the experts and those who identify the potential downside of technology; and
– fail to think thorough the short, long, and potentially dangerous effects or dependencies – imaginatively.
We do this because we are human, and more often because we fall into the confirmation bias or other cognitive thinking traps that might affect our program or pet technology. As noted by RAND in Truth Decay:NIKE SB ZOOM STEFAN JANOSKI CNVS QS "BE TRUE" MULTI COLOR 702981 009 SZ 12men's shoes DI MELLA 8,5 () elegant light blue suede AD235-E
“Cognitive biases and the ways in which human beings process information and make decisions cause people to look for information, opinion, and analyses that confirm preexisting beliefs, to weigh experience more heavily than data and facts, and then to rely on mental shortcuts and the beliefs of those in the same social networks when forming opinions and making decisions.”9
Yet, the warning signs or signals for many unanticipated effects can be found simply by conducting a literature review of government, think tank, academic, and popular reports (to perhaps include science fiction). This may deter some, given the sheer volume of literature is often overwhelming, but contained within these reports are many of the challenges associated with future technology, such as: the potential for deep fakes, loss of privacy, hacking,NIKE Men's Shoes 005967 BrownｘBeigeｘYellow 27ｃｍBEDWIN & THE HEARTBREAKERS Men's Shoes 882357 Blue 41 accidents, deception, and loss of industries/jobs.
At the national level, both the current and previous administrations published reports on AI, as has the Department of Defense – some more balanced in addressing of issues of fairness, safety, governance, and ethics.10
For example, using photo recognition to help law enforcement and others seems like a great idea, yet its use is increasingly being questioned. This past May, San Francisco became the first city to ban its use, and others may follow suit.11 While some question this decision to ban vice impose a moratorium until the technology produces less errors, the question remains – did the developers and policy makers consider if there would be push back to its introduction given its current performance?New Mezlan Tomino 7 M tan (2158)Mens Fashion Leather Metal Pointed Toe High Heel Dress Shoes Nightclub Party New What sources did they consult?
Another challenge is language. You’ve seen the commercials – “there is much we can do with AI” – in farming, business, and even beer making. While “AI” is a clever tag line, it may invoke unnecessary fear and misunderstanding. For example, I believe for most people equate “robotics” and “AI” with the “Terminator” franchise, raising the fear of uncontrolled autonomous military force overwhelming humanity. Even worse – under the moniker of “AI,” we will buy into “snake-oil” propositions.
We are at least decades away from “general AI” where a “system exhibits apparently intelligence behavior at least as advanced as a person” across the “full range of cognitive tasks,” but we continue to flaunt the use of “AI” without elaboration.NEW adidas München BY9787 Mens Shoes Trainers Sneakers SALENEW adidas Dragon Vintage S32087 Mens Shoes Trainers Sneakers SALE
SOME ACTIONS TO TAKE
Embrace a learning organization. Popularized by Peter Senge’s The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization (1990), a learning organization is a place “where people continually expand their capacity to create the results they truly desire, where new and expansive patterns of thinking are nurtured, where collective aspiration is set free, and where people are continually learning how to learn together.”Joe's Jeans Mens slips Square Toe Penny Loafer Black Size 10.5 While some question whether we can truly make a learning organization, Senge’s thinking may help solve our problem of identifying 2nd/3rd order and evil effects.
First, we must embrace new and expansive patterns of thinking. Force developers use the acronym – “DOTMPLF-P” as shorthand for Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Personnel, Leadership, Facilities, and Policy implications – yet other factors might be as important.
For example, trust in automated or robotics systems must be instilled and measured. In one poll, 73% of respondents noted they would be afraid of riding in a fully autonomous vehicle – up 10% points from the previous year.14 What if we develop a military autonomous vehicle or a leader-follower system and one or more of our host nation allies prohibits its use? What happens if an accident occurs and the host population protests, Eastland Men's Adventure MLB Atlanta Braves Deck ShoesCougar Industrial Men's Steel Toe Boots Oil Resistant Size 15 15W Brown Suedearguing that the Americans don’t care for their safety?
Technologists and concept developers must move from being stove-piped in labs and single-focused to consider the broader view of technological implications across functions.
Embrace Humility. Given that we cannot predict the future and its potential consequences, developers must seek out diversified opinions, and more importantly, recognize divergent opinions.
Embrace the Data. In New York City during World War II, a small organization of some of the most brilliant minds in America worked in the office of the “Applied Mathematics Panel.” In Europe, the 8th U.S. Air Force suffered from devastating bomber losses. Gentlemen/Ladies Shoes Lacoste Sneakers 734SPM0035_LTR Wear resistant Trendy Global salesCREMIEUX (FRANCIA) Made Italy Botín Man 45 Shop 229 E Here for Less! CX01 D-3Leaders wondered where best to reinforce the bombers with additional armor without significantly increasing their weight to improve survivability. Reports indicated returning bombers suffered gunfire hits over the wings and fuselage, but not in the tail or cockpits, so to the casual observer it made sense to reinforce the wings and fuselage where the damage was clearly visible.
Abraham Wald, a mathematician, worked on the problem. He noted that reinforcing the spots where damage was evident in returning aircraft wasn’t necessarily the best course of action, given that hits to the cockpit and tail were probably causing aircraft (and aircrew) losses during the mission. In a series of memorandums, he developed a “method of estimating plane vulnerability based on damage of survivors.” As Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes noted more than 100 years ago, “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”Florsheim Men's Rally Moc Slip Black Smooth Leather Slip-on ShoesGRENSON MENS PADDINGTON BLK LEATHER POLISHED SHOES NIB
Additionally, we need to reinforce our practice of performing quality literature reviews to aid in our identification of these issues.
Employ Skepticism and a Devil’s Advocate Approach. In 1587, the Roman Catholic Church created the position of Promoter of the Faith – commonly referred to as the Devil’s Advocate. To insure a candidate for sainthood met the qualification of being canonized, the role of the Devil’s Advocate was to be the skeptic (loyal to the institution), looking for reasons why not to canonize the individual. Similarly, Leaders must embrace the concept of employing a devil’s advocate approach to identifying 2nd/3rd order and evil effects of technology – if not designating a devil’s advocate with the right expertise to identify assumptions, risks, and effects. But creating any devil’s advocate or “risk identification” positions is only useful if their input is seriously considered.
Embrace the Suck. Lastly, if we are serious in identifying the 2nd/3rd order and evil effects, Man's/Woman's Rockport Men's Colben Oxford High quality and low overhead Win highly appreciated buy onlineJack Rogers Paxton Mens Slip-On Loafer- Choose SZ/Color.to include identifying new dependencies, ethical issues, or other issues which challenge the adaption or development of a new technology or policy – then we must be honest, resilient, and tough. There will be setbacks, delays, and frustration.
Technology holds the power to improve and change our personal and professional lives. For the military, technology changes the ways wars are fought (i.e., the character of war), but it may also change the nature of war by potentially reducing the “human dimension” in war. If robotics, AI, and other technological developments eliminate “danger, physical exertion, intelligence and friction,”17 is war easier to wage? Will technology increase its potential frequency? Will technology create a further separation between the military and the population by decreasing the number of personnel needed? These may be some of the 2nd/3rd order and “evil” effects we need to consider.
If you enjoyed this post, please see Dr. Marsella’s previous post “Second/Third Order, and Evil Effects” – The Dark Side of Technology (Frye Mens Harris Buckle Monk Strap Loafer Wheat Brown Oiled Suede Size 9.5 M)
… as well as the following posts:Skechers for Work Men's Clan Waterproof BootRockport Men's Bennett Lane 4 Venetian Shoe, Brown Leather, 11.5 W US
– Sperry Top-Sider Men's Billfish Ultralite Boat Shoe Grey 10 Medium US, by Dr. Nir Buras