- Rockport Men's Style Purpose Cap Toe Oxford
- MEPHISTO BLACK BUCKSKIN & LEOPARD PRINT SPORT OXFORDS IN SIZE 9
- ROS HOMMERSON Women CARRIE White Loafers Adjustable Straps US 8.5N (62004-37)
- NEW Free People Washed Leather Ballet Flats W/ Ankle Tie Size 41 US 10 Brown
- BOTTEGA VENETA driving shoes flat shoes suede dark gray
- Womens NIKE LUNARGLIDE 7 Textile Running Trainers 747356 504
- New Balance W490CW4 D White & White Sportstyle Lightweight Running Shoes NB
- Nike Lunarepic Flyknit Womens 818677-101 White Black Athletic Shoes Size 7.5
- Bogs Crandall Tall Wool Boot - Women's
- Skechers for Work Women's Sure Track Trickel Slip Resistant Work Shoe, Black, M
- Florsheim Comfortech Brown Leather Loafers Slip on Mens 15 D 18399-03 Velcro
- ROCKPORT MEN DRESS SHOES OXFORD SZ 10 PRE-OWNED
- Clarks Active Air Skywalk Black Leather Oxford Dress Bicycle Toe Mens Shoes 9.5M
- PF Flyers Mens D US- Pick SZ/Color.
- SPERRY TOP-SIDER O/A SAHARA LEATER 2-EYE SHOES MEN US 11 medium NEW
- montage-58 Over Knee Zipper Casual Synthetic Women's Winter Boots Chestnut 5.5**
- Womens sz 9 M Johnston & Murphy Alex Bootie Brown Suede Leather Ankle Boots Zip
- Chic Womens suede Pointy Toe Tassel fur Stiletto High Heel Zip Warm Ankle Boots
- Marc Alpert Collection Made in Italy Maria Pia Brown Leather Tall Riding Boots 7
- Metallic Eggplant Purple MJUS Zip-Up Boots 6.5 37
- Gentlemen/Ladies Propet Men Villager M4070 New varieties are launched fashionable Various
- Man/Woman 'Pre-owned' Givenchy Tyson Sneaker size 44 Exquisite (middle) workmanship Environmentally friendly List of explosions
- Indian Ethnic Rajasthani Leather Jutti Mojari Color Black For Man
- Adidas Men’s Adissage Supercloud Slide Sandals slipper
- New Cole Haan ZeroGrand Stagedoor Ballet Flat women's size 8
- FILA "Old School" Retro Vintage Sneakers / Shoes 8.5 / 8-1/2 Leather Synthetic
- Converse All Star Chuck Taylor Men's Size 5 Women's Size 7 Black Sneakers Low Ox
- Dakota Men's Lynx II 6" STSP Tan Work Boot 14M
- Keen 0812 Men's Brown Leather Waterproof Hiking Trail Boots US 11.5
KONXIDO Mens Watches With Analog Digital Dual Display Auto Date Chronograph...
I write Award Winning Thriller Novels. My view is that the conflict between good and evil is eternal. That’s what I write. The Hero’s Journey to prevail against the DARK SIDE goes back to the very dawn of Western Civilization. We find it in Fiction and Myth, and we also find it in Non-Fiction and the real world.
My blog spans both. My core purpose is to collect, host and facilitate uplifting stories of GOOD PEOPLE who strive to do the right thing, often for a higher purpose and against the odds. The ethical setting is to frame mankind, and America, against absolutes for right and wrong like the tablets given to Moses. This is part of our culture.
EMIDIO TUCCI SPLIT TOE TAN LEATHER OXFORD MEN SIZE US 11.5 MADE IN SPAIN
Bewell W109D Sub-dials Wooden Watch Quartz Analog Movement Date Wristwatch...
Man's/Woman's Bobbies Men's Shoes 168512 Red 43 Quality queen low cost Breathable shoes
Dockers Men's Lakeport Boat Shoe - Choose SZ/Color
Eastland Men's Otis 1955 Oxford Oak Style Shoes Size 11M Color Brown.
Uplifting examples of American Exceptionalism used to be common. We were the shining city on the hill. As a society and culture, we cherished Truth, Exceptionalism and Freedom. Now, some say, not so much.
Vtg & Brown Woven Leather Haan Bragano Slip-On Casual Shoes Sz-11.5M Black Cole psqdqb3696-Casual Shoes
Gentlemen/Ladies Skechers Men's Adapt Ultra Loafer Many styles Environmentally friendly Full range of specifications
New Florsheim Imperial Parker 10 D sky blue sueded leather (685)
Consider the dark side of the loss of American National culture that has been unfolding in recent years. Blacks in 1964 generally had strong Christian families and improving fortunes. What happened after LBJ changed the culture in our big cities by massive Federal welfare programs? Death and decline. More Blacks died in Chicago during the Obama Administration than during the Vietnam War.
LBJ assured political power for the Democrats by creating ghettos. “I’ll have those ni**ers voting Democratic for 200 years.” Vote for us and you’ll get free stuff.
The old America had a unique culture of honor and exceptionalism. We have a rich history of heroes standing firm and prevailing against odds. We honor our Founders and our Greatest Generation. We honor our legends and heroes, including in novels and movies.
Today, our elected officials have too often shifted from doing right to going along, or worse. Shifting blame is common.
This makes it hard to separate the good guys from the bad. We won the Cold War, but we let the losing side write the history of Vietnam. John Wayne died, and we abandoned American heroes in Benghazi.
“Words are what men live by…words they say and mean.”
“A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.”
General Dwight D. Eisenhower
“Our civilization depends on our culture and our heritage.”
President Trump in Poland 2017
Management Gurus (from Covey to Drucker and beyond) have documented the shift over the past several decades from 200 years of America’s “Character Ethic” to “Personality Ethic” leadership. We’ve allowed a place where false Gods are worshiped, where image surpasses content, and where greed and corruption go unpunished. Rock Stars have replaced builders and leaders. Government largess has replaced God.
Much of this viewpoint comes from Karl Marx and Saul Alinsky. It does not come from the Bible, Jesus, or the Judeo Christian ethic that built Western Civilization.
“The end always justifies the means……… A lie is not a lie if it serves the greater good and furthers our cause.” — Karl Marx
Instead of “God Bless America,” we have ministers who scream “God Damn America” from the pulpit and high officials who conduct apology tours for our enemies.
“When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get rich more easily by graft than by work, and your laws no longer protect you against them, but protect them against you… you may know that your society is doomed.” — Ayn Rand
We started America with “I cannot tell a lie.” Now we get sound bites from our leaders like, “What does ‘is’ mean?” or “What difference does it make?” Hollywood has nudged our culture toward the anti-hero, to where the star of a show may be a Mafia boss, Drug Dealer, or a Serial Killer. Contrast, say, Casablanca, High Noon, Star Wars, Lion King, Harry Potter, Rocky IV, or Gran Torino to what is popular today. One producer said, “Good Television is based on bad behavior.”
Indeed. So it is, but perhaps you are what you watch, and you are what you read. Scary thought, that.
If you prefer real heroes striving to solve problems, do right, and prevail against the odds, this blog may be a friendly place for you. If you prefer the alternate, you’d do better to look elsewhere.
My goal is to make this blog a watering hole for stories and examples of Freedom, a place where we can sit around the campfire and discuss inspiring examples with like-minded people. I collect such stories both real and fictional. I invite others with talent and achievement to participate and post here.
Thank you for visiting. I hope you come back, spread the word, and perhaps even contribute. Freedom Writers live!