- Mens Crocs clogs shoes size 8 light brown rubber/leather exclnt condtn low shpng
- NWB Croft & Barrow Women's Ortholite Perforated Ballet Flats Size 8.5 Navy
- AnnaKastle Womens Faux Crystal Buckle Espadrille Slip-Ons Loafer Casual Shoes
- Cole Haan Womens Zerogrand Perforated Trainer in Pale Lilac Nubuck W04240 Size 7
- New J.Crew Women's Harper Double-Bow Flats Size 7 Grey Patent Polyurethane A1599
- NIB TORY BURCH CLAIRE RED/SAMBA TUMBLED LEATHER GOLD TONE REVA BALLET FLATS 9.5
- New Nike Women's Air Max 90 Premium Shoes (896497-901) Metallic Field
- Nike Women's Free Rn Motion Fk 2017 Wolf/Grey/Black/Cool/Grey/Volt Running Shoe
- ECCO Women's Sense Elastic Toggle Fashion Sneaker Black, 42 EU / 11-11.5 US
- MOA MASTER OF ARTS WOMEN'S SHOES LEATHER TRAINERS SNEAKERS NEW WHITE 287
- Red Wing Shoes 1621 Brown Leather ST Slip/Oil Resist Work Loafer Women's US 8D
- VALSPORT 1920 MEN'S SHOES LEATHER TRAINERS SNEAKERS NEW TOURNAMENT WHITE 41E
- Cabelas Brown Oiled Leather Stretch Gore Moc Toe Loafers Shoes Mens 11.5 D
- Cole Haan Air Yacht Club Blue Cream Nubuck Suede Boat Shoes Mens 9.5M
- Derbys Mocassins CHARLES JOURDAN Paris Cuir Rigide Noir T 8.5 / T 40.5 TBE
- NEW Converse ID Custom Mens 10 Chuck Taylor All Star "Southbeach" White Shoes
- ESPRIT Women Snow Boots Size 7 Black Gray Leather Faux Fur
- New JBU by Jambu Women's Sz 6 Duck Boot Navy/Tan MSRP $69
- Men's/Women's XOXO Womens Tamilia Boot- Pick SZ/Color. Every item described is available High quality and economy Cost-effective
- ROSEGOLD NIB 'Dylan' Suede & Snakeskin Black Boots Sz 8 $240
- Rockport Women’s Abilene Almond Leather Ankle Boots Size 10M D2020/
- Vans Old Skool LX VAULT 100% Cracked Leather 43843 OLD & RARE VAULT 2005 years !
- NEW PRADA Black Patent Leather Classic Logo Penny Mens Shoes Size Fits 9 US
- Tod's Men's White Grained Leather Driving Loafers Size IT10.5/US11.5 RTL$725
- Ecco Adjustable Straps Brown Leather Comfy Sport Sandals Shoes Men's 9/9.5 EU43
- Dr. Scholl's Original Collection Women's Hollie Loafer
- Merrell Mens Streeter Chukka Boot Wild Dove Blue Grey Size 13 Hiking Outdoors
- Nike Men's AIR FORCE 1 '07 Shoes NEW WHITE 315122-111 Size 11.5
- Men's Florsheim Imperial Leather Buckle Ankle Boots Size 9 D
Simple Brand Mens Sz 12 Casual Slip On Black Leather Slides Clog Mules Loafer
I write Award Winning Thriller Novels. My view is that the conflict between good and evil is eternal. That’s what I write. The Hero’s Journey to prevail against the DARK SIDE goes back to the very dawn of Western Civilization. We find it in Fiction and Myth, and we also find it in Non-Fiction and the real world.
My blog spans both. My core purpose is to collect, host and facilitate uplifting stories of GOOD PEOPLE who strive to do the right thing, often for a higher purpose and against the odds. The ethical setting is to frame mankind, and America, against absolutes for right and wrong like the tablets given to Moses. This is part of our culture.
SONOMA Goods for Life™ Lyden Cream Men's Casual Oxford Shoes 10.5
Rockport Pro Walker MWT14 Mens Size 11.5 M Beige Pebbled Leather Comfort Walking
St Johns Bay Mens Slip On Dress Shoes. Size 8 1/2. New
Skechers Men’s Air Cushioned Comfort Oxfords Brown Leather Size 9.5
Guess Men’s Jex High Top Sneakers Perforated Faux Leather Size 11.5
Uplifting examples of American Exceptionalism used to be common. We were the shining city on the hill. As a society and culture, we cherished Truth, Exceptionalism and Freedom. Now, some say, not so much.
Men's Moccasin-Gommino Fashion Driving Loafer Synthetic Slip on 6 - 10.5 Shoes psvjoa895-Casual Shoes
Giorgio Brutini Reagan Memory Tech Mens sz 11 Black Leather Dress Shoes ZT-949
Dr. Doc Martens 11326 Air Wair Stitched Chunky No Slip Oxfords Men's (US 8)
Consider the dark side of the loss of American National culture that has been unfolding in recent years. Blacks in 1964 generally had strong Christian families and improving fortunes. What happened after LBJ changed the culture in our big cities by massive Federal welfare programs? Death and decline. More Blacks died in Chicago during the Obama Administration than during the Vietnam War.
LBJ assured political power for the Democrats by creating ghettos. “I’ll have those ni**ers voting Democratic for 200 years.” Vote for us and you’ll get free stuff.
The old America had a unique culture of honor and exceptionalism. We have a rich history of heroes standing firm and prevailing against odds. We honor our Founders and our Greatest Generation. We honor our legends and heroes, including in novels and movies.
Today, our elected officials have too often shifted from doing right to going along, or worse. Shifting blame is common.
This makes it hard to separate the good guys from the bad. We won the Cold War, but we let the losing side write the history of Vietnam. John Wayne died, and we abandoned American heroes in Benghazi.
“Words are what men live by…words they say and mean.”
“A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.”
General Dwight D. Eisenhower
“Our civilization depends on our culture and our heritage.”
President Trump in Poland 2017
Management Gurus (from Covey to Drucker and beyond) have documented the shift over the past several decades from 200 years of America’s “Character Ethic” to “Personality Ethic” leadership. We’ve allowed a place where false Gods are worshiped, where image surpasses content, and where greed and corruption go unpunished. Rock Stars have replaced builders and leaders. Government largess has replaced God.
Much of this viewpoint comes from Karl Marx and Saul Alinsky. It does not come from the Bible, Jesus, or the Judeo Christian ethic that built Western Civilization.
“The end always justifies the means……… A lie is not a lie if it serves the greater good and furthers our cause.” — Karl Marx
Instead of “God Bless America,” we have ministers who scream “God Damn America” from the pulpit and high officials who conduct apology tours for our enemies.
“When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get rich more easily by graft than by work, and your laws no longer protect you against them, but protect them against you… you may know that your society is doomed.” — Ayn Rand
We started America with “I cannot tell a lie.” Now we get sound bites from our leaders like, “What does ‘is’ mean?” or “What difference does it make?” Hollywood has nudged our culture toward the anti-hero, to where the star of a show may be a Mafia boss, Drug Dealer, or a Serial Killer. Contrast, say, Casablanca, High Noon, Star Wars, Lion King, Harry Potter, Rocky IV, or Gran Torino to what is popular today. One producer said, “Good Television is based on bad behavior.”
Indeed. So it is, but perhaps you are what you watch, and you are what you read. Scary thought, that.
If you prefer real heroes striving to solve problems, do right, and prevail against the odds, this blog may be a friendly place for you. If you prefer the alternate, you’d do better to look elsewhere.
My goal is to make this blog a watering hole for stories and examples of Freedom, a place where we can sit around the campfire and discuss inspiring examples with like-minded people. I collect such stories both real and fictional. I invite others with talent and achievement to participate and post here.
Thank you for visiting. I hope you come back, spread the word, and perhaps even contribute. Freedom Writers live!