- BOC BORN Concept Men’s 8.5 / 40 Brown Leather Floral Clog Heel Shoes
- Sam Edelman Womens Kaleb Black Ankle Boots Size 6 (34407)
- Anne Klein Black Leather & Suede Almond Toe Ankle Bootie Size 9M 3.75” Block Hee
- nEW Nike Air Max 1 Ultra 2.0 Men's Shoes Size 10.5 Training Running Athletics
- adidas Originals N-5923 W Iniki Runner Ivory White Women Running Shoes AQ1132
- Women's Round Toe Patent Leather High Block Clear HeelS Ankle Boots Zip US 4.5-8
- Dr. Scholl's Shoes Women's Dakota Boot, Stucco Microfiber, 6.5 W US
- K-BV4191 New Bottega Veneta Nero Leather Heels Ladies Shoes Boots Size 38 US 8
- Clarks Brown Leather Slip On Shoes Women's Size 6 M
- MERRELL Encore Buckle Clog Slip on Shoes J68526 Bracken US 6/NEW $100
- Chic Womens Vintage Rhinestones Flower Beads Collegiate Brogue Oxford Shoes @BT0
- Tory Burch Reva Black Matte Leather Silver Logo Ballet Flats Sz 8 Shoes
- Drew Women's Bloom II Comfort Shoes Black Calf
- Studded Converse AllStar Chuck Taylor High top black Shoe black studs USM8.5
- ASICS GT-1000 6 Women's Mid Grey/Carbon/Flash Coral 7B59697
- 1805 Puma IGNITE FLASH STRIPPED Women's Training Running Shoes 190515-01
- adidas Women's Supernova W Running Shoe 8 B(M) US
- Alegria Womens Dena 589 Dream Fit Nursing Shoes Eur 39/US 9M Leather Neoprene
- NIB PRADA Mens Toblac Black Leather Logo Slip-On Penny Loafer Shoes 13
- Vintage Men's Florsheim Imperials Leather Wingtip Shoes Sz. 7
- K SWISS LIPAN MEN'S LOW SHOE SIZE 10
- Fila Mens Memory Workshift Cross-Training Shoe,Black/Black/Black,13 4E US
- MEN'S REAL LEATHER SLIPPERS SLINGBACKS MULES CASUAL SHOES NEW Embroidery Sandals
- after ski boots womens 7.5 black nylon, rubber soles
- Man/Woman UNISA WOMENS BOOTS BLACK SIZE 10 New market Affordable Fashion dynamic
- Punk Women Pointy Toe Leather Rivet Brogue Carved Wingtip Ankle Boots Rivet Shoe
- Alfani Womens Vandela2 Closed Toe Ankle Fashion Boots Anthracite/Blk Size 7.5
- Salewa Women's Wander Hiker Leather Hiking Shoe Other Nut/Hot Coral 8.5
- NIB Kenneth Cole New York Men's Sum Day Leather Chukka Boots in Black
MEPHISTO square toe pumps women's Sz 9 Black Leather Heels
I write Award Winning Thriller Novels. My view is that the conflict between good and evil is eternal. That’s what I write. The Hero’s Journey to prevail against the DARK SIDE goes back to the very dawn of Western Civilization. We find it in Fiction and Myth, and we also find it in Non-Fiction and the real world.
My blog spans both. My core purpose is to collect, host and facilitate uplifting stories of GOOD PEOPLE who strive to do the right thing, often for a higher purpose and against the odds. The ethical setting is to frame mankind, and America, against absolutes for right and wrong like the tablets given to Moses. This is part of our culture.
Nanette Lepore Womens Brown Slides Size 7.5 (407779)
Material Girl Women's Flick Ballet Flats Blue Glitter Size 7 M
Propet Women's Billie Oxford, Black/Red, Size 10.0
Naturalizer SUMMER Womens US 8.5 M Multi-Color Tie Dye Flats Casual Shoes
Dr. Scholl's Beige DOUBLE AIR-PILLO SHOES WOMENS SIZE 7 W
Uplifting examples of American Exceptionalism used to be common. We were the shining city on the hill. As a society and culture, we cherished Truth, Exceptionalism and Freedom. Now, some say, not so much.
CARLA NER Black Suede Ballerina - NEW W/DEFECT Flats Bailarinas psacpw6160-Flats
Bare Traps Womens Clog Sz 6.5 M Decoy Mules Fur Inside Leather Excellent COnditi
Soft Style A HUSH PUPPIE COMPANY SHOES WOMENS SIZE 7 1/2 M
Consider the dark side of the loss of American National culture that has been unfolding in recent years. Blacks in 1964 generally had strong Christian families and improving fortunes. What happened after LBJ changed the culture in our big cities by massive Federal welfare programs? Death and decline. More Blacks died in Chicago during the Obama Administration than during the Vietnam War.
LBJ assured political power for the Democrats by creating ghettos. “I’ll have those ni**ers voting Democratic for 200 years.” Vote for us and you’ll get free stuff.
The old America had a unique culture of honor and exceptionalism. We have a rich history of heroes standing firm and prevailing against odds. We honor our Founders and our Greatest Generation. We honor our legends and heroes, including in novels and movies.
Today, our elected officials have too often shifted from doing right to going along, or worse. Shifting blame is common.
This makes it hard to separate the good guys from the bad. We won the Cold War, but we let the losing side write the history of Vietnam. John Wayne died, and we abandoned American heroes in Benghazi.
“Words are what men live by…words they say and mean.”
“A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.”
General Dwight D. Eisenhower
“Our civilization depends on our culture and our heritage.”
President Trump in Poland 2017
Management Gurus (from Covey to Drucker and beyond) have documented the shift over the past several decades from 200 years of America’s “Character Ethic” to “Personality Ethic” leadership. We’ve allowed a place where false Gods are worshiped, where image surpasses content, and where greed and corruption go unpunished. Rock Stars have replaced builders and leaders. Government largess has replaced God.
Much of this viewpoint comes from Karl Marx and Saul Alinsky. It does not come from the Bible, Jesus, or the Judeo Christian ethic that built Western Civilization.
“The end always justifies the means……… A lie is not a lie if it serves the greater good and furthers our cause.” — Karl Marx
Instead of “God Bless America,” we have ministers who scream “God Damn America” from the pulpit and high officials who conduct apology tours for our enemies.
“When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get rich more easily by graft than by work, and your laws no longer protect you against them, but protect them against you… you may know that your society is doomed.” — Ayn Rand
We started America with “I cannot tell a lie.” Now we get sound bites from our leaders like, “What does ‘is’ mean?” or “What difference does it make?” Hollywood has nudged our culture toward the anti-hero, to where the star of a show may be a Mafia boss, Drug Dealer, or a Serial Killer. Contrast, say, Casablanca, High Noon, Star Wars, Lion King, Harry Potter, Rocky IV, or Gran Torino to what is popular today. One producer said, “Good Television is based on bad behavior.”
Indeed. So it is, but perhaps you are what you watch, and you are what you read. Scary thought, that.
If you prefer real heroes striving to solve problems, do right, and prevail against the odds, this blog may be a friendly place for you. If you prefer the alternate, you’d do better to look elsewhere.
My goal is to make this blog a watering hole for stories and examples of Freedom, a place where we can sit around the campfire and discuss inspiring examples with like-minded people. I collect such stories both real and fictional. I invite others with talent and achievement to participate and post here.
Thank you for visiting. I hope you come back, spread the word, and perhaps even contribute. Freedom Writers live!