- adidas White Running Sneakers Size US 7 Regular (M, B)
- Nike Wmns Air Max Zero 0 Pure Platinum Women Classic Running Shoes 857661-013
- Leah Ankle High Pointed Toe Side Zipper Kitten Low Heel Booties Boots
- Andre Assous Womens Milan Over The Knee Boot Black Suede And Stretch Size 9 M
- Nike Zoom KD10 LMTD All Star Pink Grey Ocean Fog Fuchsia 897817 400 DS SZ 9.5 10
- Adidas ULTRABOOST X MID PRIMEKNIT BOOST Stella McCartney BY1834 nmd Size 10
- Womens Cuban Heel Shinning Over Knee Thigh Boots High Side Zip Pointy Toe Chic
- COLUMBIA 1567081383 - Minx Slip Ii Oh Size: - Color:
- NEW 3.1 Phillip Lim Women's Kyoto Malbec Burgundy Leather Ankle Bootie Size 37
- Madden Girl Women's Socute Ballet Flat - Choose SZ/Color
- Melissa Women's Campana Papel VII Ballet Flat Crochet Sandal Slip-On PVC
- Donald J Pliner Women's Brown Fabric Upper Peeptoe Flats, Size 9.5
- Nine West Women's Smoak Leather Ballet Flat
- COMME DES GARCONS Silver Oxfords Japan JP 25 US 10
- NEW IN BOX HOKA ONE ONE WOMEN'S 5 SPEED INSTINCT GRAY / BLUE FREE SHIPPING
- New Tory Burch Laney Neoprene Slip-On white fashion Sneakers shoes Size 8
- Reebok Crossfit Nano 8 Flexweave CM9172 Women's Sizes US 5 ~ 10 / New in Box!
- Giuseppe Zanotti DONNA Women 7 Blue Studs Embellished Dazzling High-Top Sneakers
- Fila Women's Memory VIABLE Walking Shoe, - Choose SZ/color
- Versace Chain Reaction Black Leather High-Top Sneakers Gold 11.5 44
- VANS. Lo Pro Slip On. Black / White. Dry Flex Shoe. Mens US Size 8.5
- Sanuk Men's Vagabond Slip On, Brindle, 11 M US
Miu Miu Metallic - Gold/Platino W/Hints Of Slate Blue Peep Heels Formal Shoes Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B)
I write Award Winning Thriller Novels. My view is that the conflict between good and evil is eternal. That’s what I write. The Hero’s Journey to prevail against the DARK SIDE goes back to the very dawn of Western Civilization. We find it in Fiction and Myth, and we also find it in Non-Fiction and the real world.
My blog spans both. My core purpose is to collect, host and facilitate uplifting stories of GOOD PEOPLE who strive to do the right thing, often for a higher purpose and against the odds. The ethical setting is to frame mankind, and America, against absolutes for right and wrong like the tablets given to Moses. This is part of our culture.
Prada Black Loafers Flats Size EU 39 (Approx. US 9) Regular (M, B)
Donald J. Pliner Loafer Flats Size US 6.5 Regular (M, B)
Loeffler Randall Gold Calf Hair Slide Sandals Size US 10 Regular (M, B)
Raspberry Pink Sneakers Size US 8 Regular (M, B)
Sole Society Tan Sepia Sandals Size US 7.5 Regular (M, B)
Uplifting examples of American Exceptionalism used to be common. We were the shining city on the hill. As a society and culture, we cherished Truth, Exceptionalism and Freedom. Now, some say, not so much.
Tory Burch Pewter Louisa Thong Sandals Size US Regular (M, B) 6 psdpyt5076-Sandals
Christian Siriano Beige Women's Us9.5/42 Slip On Platform Pumps Size US 9 Regular (M, B)
Nasty Gal Black Luxe Boots/Booties Size US 8 Regular (M, B)
Consider the dark side of the loss of American National culture that has been unfolding in recent years. Blacks in 1964 generally had strong Christian families and improving fortunes. What happened after LBJ changed the culture in our big cities by massive Federal welfare programs? Death and decline. More Blacks died in Chicago during the Obama Administration than during the Vietnam War.
LBJ assured political power for the Democrats by creating ghettos. “I’ll have those ni**ers voting Democratic for 200 years.” Vote for us and you’ll get free stuff.
The old America had a unique culture of honor and exceptionalism. We have a rich history of heroes standing firm and prevailing against odds. We honor our Founders and our Greatest Generation. We honor our legends and heroes, including in novels and movies.
Today, our elected officials have too often shifted from doing right to going along, or worse. Shifting blame is common.
This makes it hard to separate the good guys from the bad. We won the Cold War, but we let the losing side write the history of Vietnam. John Wayne died, and we abandoned American heroes in Benghazi.
“Words are what men live by…words they say and mean.”
“A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.”
General Dwight D. Eisenhower
“Our civilization depends on our culture and our heritage.”
President Trump in Poland 2017
Management Gurus (from Covey to Drucker and beyond) have documented the shift over the past several decades from 200 years of America’s “Character Ethic” to “Personality Ethic” leadership. We’ve allowed a place where false Gods are worshiped, where image surpasses content, and where greed and corruption go unpunished. Rock Stars have replaced builders and leaders. Government largess has replaced God.
Much of this viewpoint comes from Karl Marx and Saul Alinsky. It does not come from the Bible, Jesus, or the Judeo Christian ethic that built Western Civilization.
“The end always justifies the means……… A lie is not a lie if it serves the greater good and furthers our cause.” — Karl Marx
Instead of “God Bless America,” we have ministers who scream “God Damn America” from the pulpit and high officials who conduct apology tours for our enemies.
“When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get rich more easily by graft than by work, and your laws no longer protect you against them, but protect them against you… you may know that your society is doomed.” — Ayn Rand
We started America with “I cannot tell a lie.” Now we get sound bites from our leaders like, “What does ‘is’ mean?” or “What difference does it make?” Hollywood has nudged our culture toward the anti-hero, to where the star of a show may be a Mafia boss, Drug Dealer, or a Serial Killer. Contrast, say, Casablanca, High Noon, Star Wars, Lion King, Harry Potter, Rocky IV, or Gran Torino to what is popular today. One producer said, “Good Television is based on bad behavior.”
Indeed. So it is, but perhaps you are what you watch, and you are what you read. Scary thought, that.
If you prefer real heroes striving to solve problems, do right, and prevail against the odds, this blog may be a friendly place for you. If you prefer the alternate, you’d do better to look elsewhere.
My goal is to make this blog a watering hole for stories and examples of Freedom, a place where we can sit around the campfire and discuss inspiring examples with like-minded people. I collect such stories both real and fictional. I invite others with talent and achievement to participate and post here.
Thank you for visiting. I hope you come back, spread the word, and perhaps even contribute. Freedom Writers live!