- Vintage Bearfoot 6D Black Leather Neoprene Cork Sole Oil Resisting Work Boots
- Ladies Womens Flat Fur Fluffy Sliders Slippers Comfy Sandals Flip Flop Shoes New
- NEW NIB MINNETONKA Lime Leather Faux Fur Lined Slip on Moccasin Shoes 6 8 9 10
- Men/Women BCBGMaxazria women flat shoes size 7.5 Easy to use Good market King of the crowd
- Isabel Marant Made in Spain Floral Canvas Espadrilles Flats US 9.5-10
- A2 by Aerosoles Womens Sandbar Slip-on Loafer- Pick SZ/Color.
- Man's/Woman's SOLOVIERE Shoes 859571 Blue 36 Excellent craft In short supply Very practical
- Tretorn Women's Carry Fringe Satin Sneaker Crudo Denim Sneakers
- Mizuno WAVE LIGHTNINGN Z3 Volleyball Indoor Shoes EURO 38.5 US 8 JPN 24.5
- Man's/Woman's adidas Women's Swift Run W Complete specification range Fine art Full range of specifications
- NWT $695 Salvatore Ferragamo Pixy Fur plum Sneaker/Hi top 39.5 (US 9.5 M–Medium)
- Pin Up Couture Women's Bettie 04 Black Satin Evening Shoes
- CAMPER GRAY SUEDE K300030-004JR SNEAKER SHOES SIZE 40 US 7
- Men's Dark Brown Dockers All Motion Comfort US Size 12M
- White Lugs Matchpoint Shoes size 10.0 D
- Chaco Mens Scion Size 9 US Black (CS18M-5)
- New Columbia 1670721 265 Drainer Fly British Tan / Stone Men's Boat Shoes 8 US
- NEW w/o Box Nicole Miller Womens 10 Rainy Day Rain Boots Pink Waterproof
- NWOB MIA HERITAGE SUEDE DESERT BOOTS, 7
- $189 BCBG BCBGeneration Womens BG-Bekki Layered Cuff Bootie Shoe, Black, US 10
- COLE HAAN JULI very soft pebbled nappa leather tall zip up boots 5.5 worn once
- Women's Donald J Pliner Myles Shoes Black Fabric Wedge Boots Size 5 M NEW!
Harley-Davidson Motor Cycle Black Distressed Broke-In Biker Boots Men's size 12
I write Award Winning Thriller Novels. My view is that the conflict between good and evil is eternal. That’s what I write. The Hero’s Journey to prevail against the DARK SIDE goes back to the very dawn of Western Civilization. We find it in Fiction and Myth, and we also find it in Non-Fiction and the real world.
My blog spans both. My core purpose is to collect, host and facilitate uplifting stories of GOOD PEOPLE who strive to do the right thing, often for a higher purpose and against the odds. The ethical setting is to frame mankind, and America, against absolutes for right and wrong like the tablets given to Moses. This is part of our culture.
Tony Lama Mens 7.5 Womes 9.5 Suede Vibram Sole Brown Cowboy Boots Distressed
Mens Summer Breathable Steel Toe Safety Shoes Work Boots Hiking Climbing New Hot
CATERPILLAR CAT Steel Toe SAFETY Work Boot ASTM F2413 Black Leather
WORX By Red Wing Style Steel Toe Safety Shoe Size 7 M Oxford White NWT T1B
Grafters Chelsea Gusset Dealer Pull On Leather Casual Mens Boots Size 7-12
Uplifting examples of American Exceptionalism used to be common. We were the shining city on the hill. As a society and culture, we cherished Truth, Exceptionalism and Freedom. Now, some say, not so much.
Men's Zosho Slip On,Navy/White,US D Lugz 6.5 psfrjl4512-Boots
fashion Mens Leather Steel Toe Breathable Work Boots Hiking Climbing Shoes b202
Raichle Brown Leather Hiking Mountaineering Boots Size 5.5 XN Vibram Distressed
Consider the dark side of the loss of American National culture that has been unfolding in recent years. Blacks in 1964 generally had strong Christian families and improving fortunes. What happened after LBJ changed the culture in our big cities by massive Federal welfare programs? Death and decline. More Blacks died in Chicago during the Obama Administration than during the Vietnam War.
LBJ assured political power for the Democrats by creating ghettos. “I’ll have those ni**ers voting Democratic for 200 years.” Vote for us and you’ll get free stuff.
The old America had a unique culture of honor and exceptionalism. We have a rich history of heroes standing firm and prevailing against odds. We honor our Founders and our Greatest Generation. We honor our legends and heroes, including in novels and movies.
Today, our elected officials have too often shifted from doing right to going along, or worse. Shifting blame is common.
This makes it hard to separate the good guys from the bad. We won the Cold War, but we let the losing side write the history of Vietnam. John Wayne died, and we abandoned American heroes in Benghazi.
“Words are what men live by…words they say and mean.”
“A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.”
General Dwight D. Eisenhower
“Our civilization depends on our culture and our heritage.”
President Trump in Poland 2017
Management Gurus (from Covey to Drucker and beyond) have documented the shift over the past several decades from 200 years of America’s “Character Ethic” to “Personality Ethic” leadership. We’ve allowed a place where false Gods are worshiped, where image surpasses content, and where greed and corruption go unpunished. Rock Stars have replaced builders and leaders. Government largess has replaced God.
Much of this viewpoint comes from Karl Marx and Saul Alinsky. It does not come from the Bible, Jesus, or the Judeo Christian ethic that built Western Civilization.
“The end always justifies the means……… A lie is not a lie if it serves the greater good and furthers our cause.” — Karl Marx
Instead of “God Bless America,” we have ministers who scream “God Damn America” from the pulpit and high officials who conduct apology tours for our enemies.
“When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get rich more easily by graft than by work, and your laws no longer protect you against them, but protect them against you… you may know that your society is doomed.” — Ayn Rand
We started America with “I cannot tell a lie.” Now we get sound bites from our leaders like, “What does ‘is’ mean?” or “What difference does it make?” Hollywood has nudged our culture toward the anti-hero, to where the star of a show may be a Mafia boss, Drug Dealer, or a Serial Killer. Contrast, say, Casablanca, High Noon, Star Wars, Lion King, Harry Potter, Rocky IV, or Gran Torino to what is popular today. One producer said, “Good Television is based on bad behavior.”
Indeed. So it is, but perhaps you are what you watch, and you are what you read. Scary thought, that.
If you prefer real heroes striving to solve problems, do right, and prevail against the odds, this blog may be a friendly place for you. If you prefer the alternate, you’d do better to look elsewhere.
My goal is to make this blog a watering hole for stories and examples of Freedom, a place where we can sit around the campfire and discuss inspiring examples with like-minded people. I collect such stories both real and fictional. I invite others with talent and achievement to participate and post here.
Thank you for visiting. I hope you come back, spread the word, and perhaps even contribute. Freedom Writers live!