- Nike Wmns Air Max 270 SE Light Bone Black Pink Women Running Shoes AR0499-002
- Grasshoppers Women's Shelborne Slip-On Flat, White, 6.5 W US
- Apex Ambulator Black Leather Clogs Slip On Comfort Shoes Women's 7 Wide B1000W
- VALENTINO Crystal Rockstud Studded Ballet Ballerina Flat Shoe Leather Nude 36 -6
- Vegan Arcopedico L45 Black/Beige Mary Jane Flats (US 10.5 to 11)
- Mally 6174 Silver / White / Leather / Elastic Platform Shoes 36 / US 6
- Women B43725 Adidas Solyx Running shoes grey sneakers
- Spira Stinger Xlt 2 Women's Run Charcoal / Orange / White - 9 Medium
- NIKE Womens Nike Air Zoom Elite 9 863770-001 BLACK Womens Size 9.5
- Prada Patent Leather Steel Toe Sneaker Black Size 37 Brand New
- $79 NEW - EASY SPIRIT Women's PORTILLA (Brown) LEATHER CLOG SHOES - US 6
- NIB Prada Mens Denim Black Slip-On Sneakers Shoes 8 US ($570)
- Ben Sherman Mens Bristol Slip On Navy Deck Slip-On Shoes 9 Medium (D) BHFO 2377
- Waterproof Mens Faux Leather Work Safety Steel Toe High Top Work Outwear Shoes
- Ralph Lauren Vaughn Herringbone Sneakers Pair NEW 11 MenWomenStyles
- NIB Converse CT Hi Andy Warhol Velvet Underground Banana White149535C USMens 9.5
- Women’s Size 5 ½ C Justin Roper Boots Cowboy Western Ladies 5.5 Black Wide Ranch
- NEW CYNTHIA ROWLEY GREY ANKLE BOOTIES SIZE 10 M
- Born Taupe Suede Zip Heeled Ankle Fashion Boots Booties Size 7 M Style F11722
- Style & Co Size 6.5 M AMUSE BLACK Knee High Boots New Womens Shoes
- Willowbee Women's Naomi Boot Grey 8 M US
- Rockport Men's Get Your Kicks Perfed Slip On Oxford
- GOSHA RUBCHINSKIY Men's Shoes 015140 White 29ｃｍ
- Skechers Sport Men's Geo Trek Oxford SneakerBlack/Gray8 M US
- SANUK MENS SIDEWALK SURFERS STAPLE TX NAVY COATED CANVAS 1013952 NCCN SIZE 12
- Mr/Ms bally loafers 7 Big clearance sale High quality and economy Various latest designs
- Merrell Moab 2 Beluga J06015 Mens US 11.5 Eu 46 Hiking Trail Shoes Vibram 137-3
- Denver Hayes Denim/Leather Men's Black Casual Sneakers 11.5M
- mens 8.5 vintage The North Face burgundy leather hiking boots 9 9.5
adidas F10 TRX FG 2012 Soccer Shoes Brand New Black(Charcoal) / Neon / White
I write Award Winning Thriller Novels. My view is that the conflict between good and evil is eternal. That’s what I write. The Hero’s Journey to prevail against the DARK SIDE goes back to the very dawn of Western Civilization. We find it in Fiction and Myth, and we also find it in Non-Fiction and the real world.
My blog spans both. My core purpose is to collect, host and facilitate uplifting stories of GOOD PEOPLE who strive to do the right thing, often for a higher purpose and against the odds. The ethical setting is to frame mankind, and America, against absolutes for right and wrong like the tablets given to Moses. This is part of our culture.
Miami Hurricanes Adidas SM Freak X Carbon High Football Cleats AQ6983 Size 18
Adidas Adizero F50 FG Football/Soccer Cleats
Miami Hurricanes Adidas SM Freak X Carbon High Football Cleats AQ6983 Size 17
ADIDAS X 17.1 SG US 8 FOOTBALL BOOTS SOCCER CLEATS
adidas ACE Primemesh 16.2 Firm Ground Soccer Shoes -Cleats AQ3448 0 size 9.5
Uplifting examples of American Exceptionalism used to be common. We were the shining city on the hill. As a society and culture, we cherished Truth, Exceptionalism and Freedom. Now, some say, not so much.
Nike Air Max Plus Trooper Khaki Olive Running Shoes 898014200 SZ 14 New Tn psjypb8612-Athletic Shoes
adidas Ace 18.3 FG Soccer Shoe
adidas nemeziz 17.2 FG Cleats
Consider the dark side of the loss of American National culture that has been unfolding in recent years. Blacks in 1964 generally had strong Christian families and improving fortunes. What happened after LBJ changed the culture in our big cities by massive Federal welfare programs? Death and decline. More Blacks died in Chicago during the Obama Administration than during the Vietnam War.
LBJ assured political power for the Democrats by creating ghettos. “I’ll have those ni**ers voting Democratic for 200 years.” Vote for us and you’ll get free stuff.
The old America had a unique culture of honor and exceptionalism. We have a rich history of heroes standing firm and prevailing against odds. We honor our Founders and our Greatest Generation. We honor our legends and heroes, including in novels and movies.
Today, our elected officials have too often shifted from doing right to going along, or worse. Shifting blame is common.
This makes it hard to separate the good guys from the bad. We won the Cold War, but we let the losing side write the history of Vietnam. John Wayne died, and we abandoned American heroes in Benghazi.
“Words are what men live by…words they say and mean.”
“A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.”
General Dwight D. Eisenhower
“Our civilization depends on our culture and our heritage.”
President Trump in Poland 2017
Management Gurus (from Covey to Drucker and beyond) have documented the shift over the past several decades from 200 years of America’s “Character Ethic” to “Personality Ethic” leadership. We’ve allowed a place where false Gods are worshiped, where image surpasses content, and where greed and corruption go unpunished. Rock Stars have replaced builders and leaders. Government largess has replaced God.
Much of this viewpoint comes from Karl Marx and Saul Alinsky. It does not come from the Bible, Jesus, or the Judeo Christian ethic that built Western Civilization.
“The end always justifies the means……… A lie is not a lie if it serves the greater good and furthers our cause.” — Karl Marx
Instead of “God Bless America,” we have ministers who scream “God Damn America” from the pulpit and high officials who conduct apology tours for our enemies.
“When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; when you see that men get rich more easily by graft than by work, and your laws no longer protect you against them, but protect them against you… you may know that your society is doomed.” — Ayn Rand
We started America with “I cannot tell a lie.” Now we get sound bites from our leaders like, “What does ‘is’ mean?” or “What difference does it make?” Hollywood has nudged our culture toward the anti-hero, to where the star of a show may be a Mafia boss, Drug Dealer, or a Serial Killer. Contrast, say, Casablanca, High Noon, Star Wars, Lion King, Harry Potter, Rocky IV, or Gran Torino to what is popular today. One producer said, “Good Television is based on bad behavior.”
Indeed. So it is, but perhaps you are what you watch, and you are what you read. Scary thought, that.
If you prefer real heroes striving to solve problems, do right, and prevail against the odds, this blog may be a friendly place for you. If you prefer the alternate, you’d do better to look elsewhere.
My goal is to make this blog a watering hole for stories and examples of Freedom, a place where we can sit around the campfire and discuss inspiring examples with like-minded people. I collect such stories both real and fictional. I invite others with talent and achievement to participate and post here.
Thank you for visiting. I hope you come back, spread the word, and perhaps even contribute. Freedom Writers live!